- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 402461, 8 pages
Rice Tolerance to Saflufenacil in Clomazone Weed Control Program
1Department of Soil and Crop Sciences, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843-2474, USA
2Conselho Nacional do Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq), 70750-901 Brasília, DF, Brazil
3Texas AgriLife Research, David Wintermann Rice Research Center, Eagle Lake, TX 77434, USA
4BASF Corporation, Agricultural Products Division, 6583 Main Street, Winnsboro, LA 71295, USA
Received 22 July 2011; Accepted 20 September 2011
Academic Editor: Patrick J. Tranel
Copyright © 2011 E. R. Camargo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Kennedy, “The importance of rice,” Science, vol. 296, no. 5565, p. 13, 2002.
- B. Lin, Z. Tan, G. Xiao et al., “Evaluation of compositional and nutritional equivalence of genetically modified rice to conventional rice using in situ and in vitro techniques,” Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 1490–1497, 2009.
- M. Walter, E. Marchezan, and L. A. De Avila, “Rice: composition and nutritional characteristics,” Ciencia Rural, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 1184–1192, 2008.
- FAO, Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations, “Statistics, FAOSTAT-Agriculture, Production, Crops,” 2011, http://faostat.fao.org/site/567/default.aspx#ancor.
- M. Aureus and L. Reyes, “Rice for future generations,” Rice Today, pp. 12–15, 2011.
- USDA, United States Department of Agriculture, “Producers, Data and Statistics, Reports by Commodity,” 2011, http://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics_by_Subject/index.php.
- K. Saito, “Weed pressure level and the correlation between weed competitiveness and rice yield without weed competition: an analysis of empirical data,” Field Crops Research, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2010.
- T. Webster, “Weed survey-southern states,” Proceedings Southern Weed Science Society, vol. 53, pp. 247–274, 2000.
- J. K. Norsworthy, N. R. Burgos, R. C. Scott, and K. L. Smith, “Consultant perspectives on weed management needs in Arkansas rice,” Weed Technology, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 832–839, 2007.
- H. R. Mitchell and E. V. Gage, “Command 3 ME: weed control in southern rice,” Proceedings Southern Weed Science Society, vol. 52, p. 186, 1999.
- R. E. Talbert and N. R. Burgos, “History and management of herbicide-resistant barnyardgrass (Echinochloa crus-galli) in Arkansas rice,” Weed Technology, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 324–331, 2007.
- S. A. Senseman, Herbicide Handbook, Weed Science Society of America, Lawrence, Kan, USA, 9th edition, 2007.
- E. F. Scherder, R. E. Talbert, and S. D. Clark, “Rice (Oryza sativa) cultivar tolerance to clomazone,” Weed Technology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 140–144, 2004.
- S. D. Willingham, N. R. Falkenberg, G. N. McCauley, and J. M. Chandler, “Early postemergence clomazone tank mixes on coarse-textured soils in rice,” Weed Technology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 565–570, 2008.
- E. P. Webster, F. L. Baldwin, and T. L. Dillon, “The potential for clomazone use in rice (Oryza sativa),” Weed Technology, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 390–393, 1999.
- A. M. Baltazar and R. J. Smith Jnr, “Propanil-resistant barnyardgrass (Echinochloa crus-galli) control in rice (Oryza sativa),” Weed Technology, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 576–581, 1994.
- M. S. Malik, N. R. Burgos, and R. E. Talbert, “Confirmation and control of propanil-resistant and quinclorac-resistant barnyardgrass (Echinochloa crus-galli) in rice,” Weed Technology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 226–233, 2010.
- P. H. Sikkema, C. Shropshire, and N. Soltani, “Tolerance of spring barley (Hordeum vulgare L.), oats (Avena sativa L.) and wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) to saflufenacil,” Crop Protection, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 1495–1497, 2008.
- N. Soltani, C. Shropshire, and P. H. Sikkema, “Response of corn to preemergence and postemergence applications of saflufenacil,” Weed Technology, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 331–334, 2009.
- N. Soltani, C. Shropshire, and P. H. Sikkema, “Sensitivity of leguminous crops to saflufenacil,” Weed Technology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 143–146, 2010.
- P. W. Geier, P. W. Stahlman, and L. D. Charvat, “Dose responses of five broadleaf weeds to saflufenacil,” Weed Technology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 313–316, 2009.
- R. A. Liebl, H. Walter, S. J. Bowe, T. J. Holt, and D. E. Westberg, “BAS 800H: a new herbicide for preplant burndown and preemergence dicot weed control,” Proceedings Weed Science Society of America, vol. 48, p. 120, 2008.
- K. Grossmann, R. Niggeweg, N. Christiansen, R. Looser, and T. Ehrhardt, “The herbicide saflufenacil (Kixor) is a new inhibitor of protoporphyrinogen IX oxidase activity,” Weed Science, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2010.
- D. J. Lyon and A. R. Kniss, “Proso millet tolerance to saflufenacil,” Weed Technology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 349–355, 2010.
- J. C. Frihauf, P. W. Stahlman, and P. W. Geier, “Winter wheat and weed response to postemergence saflufenacil alone and in mixtures,” Weed Technology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 262–268, 2010.
- J. C. Frihauf, P. W. Stahlman, P. W. Geier, and D. E. Peterson, “Winter annual broadleaf weeds and winter wheat response to postemergence application of two saflufenacil formulations,” Weed Technology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 416–424, 2010.
- S. Z. Knezevic, A. Datta, J. Scott, and L. D. Charvat, “Tolerance of winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) to pre-emergence and post-emergence application of saflufenacil,” Crop Protection, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 148–152, 2010.
- P. A. Counce, T. C. Keisling, and A. J. Mitchell, “A uniform, objectives, and adaptive system for expressing rice development,” Crop Science, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 436–443, 2000.
- M. O. Way, Texas Rice Production Guidelines, Texas AgriLife Research, Texas AgriLife Extension, and United States Department of Agriculture, Beaumont, Tex, USA, 2010.