- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 162354, 6 pages
Required Lateral Inlet Pressure Head for Automated Subsurface Drip Irrigation Management
1University of Carthage, High School of Agriculture of Mateur, 7030 Mateur, Tunisia
2University of Carthage/High Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technologies of Borj Cedria, B.P. 1003, 2050 Hammam Lif, Tunisia
3Agricultural Investment Promotion Agency, 6000 Gabès, Tunisia
Received 13 March 2013; Revised 14 May 2013; Accepted 29 May 2013
Academic Editor: Vicente Gimeno
Copyright © 2013 Moncef Hammami et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Neelam and T. B. S. Rajput, “Dynamics and modeling of soil water under subsurface drip irrigated onion,” Agricultural Water Management, vol. 95, no. 12, pp. 1335–1349, 2008.
- L. R. Sinobas, M. Gil, L. Juana, and R. Sánchez, “Water distribution in laterals and units of subsurface drip irrigation. I: simulation,” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, vol. 135, no. 6, pp. 721–728, 2009.
- G. L. Grabow, R. L. Huffman, R. O. Evans, D. L. Jordan, and R. C. Nuti, “Water distribution from a subsurface drip irrigation system and dripline spacing effect on cotton yield and water use efficiency in a coastal plain soil,” Transactions of the ASABE, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1823–1835, 2006.
- M. M. Kandelous and J. Šimůnek, “Numerical simulations of water movement in a subsurface drip irrigation system under field and laboratory conditions using HYDRUS-2D,” Agricultural Water Management, vol. 97, no. 7, pp. 1070–1076, 2010.
- N. Patel and T. B. S. Rajput, “Effect of subsurface drip irrigation on onion yield,” Irrigation Science, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 97–108, 2009.
- E. D. Vories, P. L. Tacker, S. W. Lancaster, and R. E. Glover, “Subsurface drip irrigation of corn in the United States Mid-South,” Agricultural Water Management, vol. 96, no. 6, pp. 912–916, 2009.
- S. R. Evett, T. A. Howell, and A. D. Schneider, “Energy and water balances for surface and subsurface drip irrigated corn,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Micro irrigation Congress, pp. 135–140, Orlando, Fla, USA, April 1995.
- J. E. Ayars, C. J. Phene, R. B. Hutmacher et al., “Subsurface drip irrigation of row crops: a review of 15 years of research at the Water Management Research Laboratory,” Agricultural Water Management, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 1–27, 1999.
- N. Lazarovitch, J. Šimůnek, and U. Shani, “System-dependent boundary condition for water flow from subsurface source,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 46–50, 2005.
- B. Safi, M. R. Neyshabouri, A. H. Nazemi, S. Massiha, and S. M. Mirlatifi, “Water application uniformity of a subsurface drip irrigation system at various operating pressures and tape lengths,” Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 275–285, 2007.
- L. R. Sinobas, M. Gil, L. Juana, and R. Sánchez, “Water distribution in laterals and units of subsurface drip irrigation. II: field evaluation,” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, vol. 135, no. 6, pp. 729–738, 2009.
- U. Shani, S. Xue, R. Gordin-Katz, and A. W. Warrick, “Soil-limiting flow from subsurface emitters. I: pressure measurements,” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, vol. 122, no. 5, pp. 291–295, 1996.
- W. W. Yao, X. Y. Ma, J. Li, and M. Parkes, “Simulation of point source wetting pattern of subsurface drip irrigation,” Irrigation Science, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 331–339, 2011.
- M. Gil, L. R. Sinobas, L. Juana, R. Sánchez, and A. Losada, “Emitter discharge variability of subsurface drip irrigation in uniform soils: effect on water-application uniformity,” Irrigation Science, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 451–458, 2008.
- P. D. Colaizzi, A. D. Schneider, S. R. Evett, and T. A. Howell, “Comparison of SDI, LEPA, and spray irrigation performance for grain sorghum,” Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 1477–1492, 2004.
- N. Lazarovitch, The effect of soil water potential, hydraulic properties and source characteristic on the discharge of a subsurface source [Ph.D. thesis], Faculty of Agriculture of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2008.
- B. E. Clothier and S. R. Green, “Roots: the big movers of water and chemical in soil,” Soil Science, vol. 162, no. 8, pp. 534–543, 1997.
- Z. Khemaies and H. Moncef, “Design of level ground laterals in trickle irrigation systems,” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, vol. 135, no. 5, pp. 620–625, 2009.
- M. T. Van Genuchten, “A closed-form equation for predicting the hydraulic conductivity of unsaturated soils,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 892–898, 1980.
- Y. Mualem, “A new model for predicting the hydraulic conductivity of unsaturated porous media,” Water Resources Research, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 513–522, 1976.
- A. Ben-Gal, N. Lazorovitch, and U. Shani, “Subsurface drip irrigation in gravel-filled cavities,” Vadose Zone Journal, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1407–1413, 2004.
- J. Doorenbos, A. H. Kassem, C. L. M. Bentverlsen, et al., “Yield Response to water,” FAO Paper 33, 1987.
- K. Y. Li, R. De Jong, and J. B. Boisvert, “An exponential root-water-uptake model with water stress compensation,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 252, no. 1–4, pp. 189–204, 2001.
- A. I. Gärdenäs, J. W. Hopmans, B. R. Hanson, and J. Šimůnek, “Two-dimensional modeling of nitrate leaching for various fertigation scenarios under micro-irrigation,” Agricultural Water Management, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 219–242, 2005.
- B. R. Hanson, J. Šimůnek, and J. W. Hopmans, “Evaluation of urea-ammonium-nitrate fertigation with drip irrigation using numerical modeling,” Agricultural Water Management, vol. 86, no. 1-2, pp. 102–113, 2006.
- R. S. Clemente, R. De Jong, H. N. Hayhoe, W. D. Reynolds, and M. Hares, “Testing and comparison of three unsaturated soil water flow models,” Agricultural Water Management, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 135–152, 1994.
- M. Hammami and K. Zayani, “Effect of trickle irrigation strategies on tomato yield and roots’ distribution,” World Journal of Agricultural Sciences, vol. 5, pp. 847–855, 2009.
- W. Qingsong, S. Yusheng, D. Wenchu, L. Gang, and H. Shuhuai, “Study on hydraulic performance of drip emitters by computational fluid dynamics,” Agricultural Water Management, vol. 84, no. 1-2, pp. 130–136, 2006.
- G. Z. Watters and J. Keller, “Trickle irrigation tubing hydraulics,” Tech. Rep. 78-2015, ASCE, Reston, Va, USA, 1978.
- L. Juana, L. R. Sinobas, A. Losada, and M. Asce, “Determining minor head losses in drip irrigation laterals. I: methodology,” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, vol. 128, no. 6, pp. 376–384, 2002.