- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 201851, 9 pages
Line × Tester Mating Design Analysis for Grain Yield and Yield Related Traits in Bread Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)
1National Institute of Agricultural Research, Setif Agricultural Research Unit, Setif 19000, Algeria
2Faculty of Life and Natural Sciences, Ecology and Plant Biology Department, University of Ferhat Abbas, Setif 1 19000, Algeria
3Faculty of Agro-Veterinary and Biological Sciences, Agronomy Department, University of Saad Dahlab, Blida 09000, Algeria
Received 6 March 2013; Revised 20 May 2013; Accepted 29 May 2013
Academic Editor: David Clay
Copyright © 2013 Zine El Abidine Fellahi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- O. Kempthorne, An Introduction to Genetic Statistics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1957.
- M. Rashid, A. A. Cheema, and M. Ashraf, “Line x tester analysis in basmati rice,” Pakistan Journal of Botany, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 2035–2042, 2007.
- S. Basbag, R. Ekinci, and O. Gencer, “Combining ability and heterosis for earliness characters in line x tester population of Gossypium hirsutum L,” Hereditas, vol. 144, no. 5, pp. 185–190, 2007.
- S. K. Jain and E. V. D. Sastry, “Heterosis and combining ability for grain yield and its contributing traits in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.),” RRJAAS, vol. 1, pp. 17–22, 2012.
- B. Xiang and B. Li, “A new mixed analytical method for genetic analysis of diallel data,” The Canadian Journal of Forest Research, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 2252–2259, 2001.
- W. Yan and L. A. Hunt, “Biplot analysis of diallel data,” Crop Science, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 21–30, 2002.
- M. Iqbal, A. Navabi, D. F. Salmon et al., “Genetic analysis of flowering and maturity time in high latitude spring wheat: genetic analysis of earliness in spring wheat,” Euphytica, vol. 154, no. 1-2, pp. 207–218, 2007.
- P. G. Swati and B. R. Ramesh, “The nature and divergence in relation to yield traits in rice germplasm,” Annals of Agricultural Research, vol. 25, pp. 598–5602, 2004.
- Z. Hasnain, G. Abbas, A. Saeed, A. Shakeel, A. Muhammad, and M. A. Rahim, “Combining ability for plant height and yield related traits in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.),” Journal of Agricultural Research, vol. 44, pp. 167–1175, 2006.
- M. A. Chowdhary, M. Sajad, and M. I. Ashraf, “Analysis on combining ability of metric traits in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.),” Journal of Agricultural Research, vol. 45, pp. 11–118, 2007.
- K. Kamaluddin, R. M. Singh, L. C. Prasad, M. Z. Abdin, and A. K. Joshi, “Combining ability analysis for grain filling duration and yield traits in spring wheat (Triticum aestivum L. Em. Thell),” Genetics and Molecular Biology, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 411–416, 2007.
- V. Kumar and S. R. Maloo, “Heterosis and combining ability studies for yield components and grain protein content in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.),” Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 363–366, 2011.
- N. Mahmood and M. A. Chowdhry, “Inheritance of flag leaf in bread wheat genotypes,” Wheat Information Service, vol. 90, pp. 7–12, 2000.
- J. Ahmadi, A. A. Zali, B. Y. Samadi, A. Talaie, M. R. Ghannadha, and A. Saeidi, “A study of combining ability and gene effect in bread wheat under stress conditions by diallel method,” Iranian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, vol. 34, pp. 1–18, 2003.
- M. A. Chowdhry, M. T. Mahmood, and I. Khaliq, “Genetic analysis of some drought and yield related characters in Pakistani spring wheat varieties,” Wheat Information Service, vol. 82, pp. 11–118, 1996.
- F. Ahmad, S. Khan, A. Latif, H. Khan, A. Khan, and A. Nawaz, “Genetics of yield and related traits in bread wheat over different planting dates using diallel analysis,” African Journal of Agricultural Research, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 1564–1571, 2011.
- A. S. Khan and I. Habib, “Gene action in a five parent diallel cross of spring wheat (Triticum aestivum L.),” Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 6, pp. 1945–11948, 2003.
- L. Benderradji, F. Brini, S. B. Amar et al., “Sodium transport in the seedlings of two bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) Genotypes showing contrasting salt stress tolerance,” Australian Journal of Crop Science, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 233–241, 2011.
- R. G. D. Steel and J. H. Torrie, Principles and Procedures of Statistics: A Biometrical Approach, McGraw Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- R. K. Singh and B. D. Chaudhary, Biometrical Methods in Quantitative Genetic Analysis, Kalyani, New Delhi, India, 1985.
- G. Oettler, S. H. Tams, H. F. Utz, E. Bauer, and A. E. Melchinger, “Prospects for hybrid breeding in winter triticale: I. Heterosis and combining ability for agronomic traits in European elite germplasm,” Crop Science, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 1476–1482, 2005.
- O. P. Verma and H. K. Srivastava, “Genetic component and combining ability analyses in relation to heterosis for yield and associated traits using three diverse rice-growing ecosystems,” Field Crops Research, vol. 88, no. 2-3, pp. 91–102, 2004.
- R. Kenga, S. O. Alabi, and S. C. Gupta, “Combining ability studies in tropical sorghum (Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench),” Field Crops Research, vol. 88, no. 2-3, pp. 251–260, 2004.
- A. Adjabi, H. Bouzerzour, C. Lelarge, A. Benmahammed, A. Mekhlouf, and A. Hanachi, “Relationships between grain yield performance, temporal stability and carbon isotope discrimination in durum wheat (Triticum durum Desf.) under Mediterranean conditions,” Journal of Agronomy, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 294–301, 2007.
- N. B. Singh, V. P. Singh, and N. Singh, “Variation in physiological traits in promising wheat varieties under late sown condition,” Indian Journal of Plant Physiology, vol. 19, pp. 171–175, 2005.
- D. K. Tiwari, P. Pandey, S. P. Giri, and J. L. Dwivedi, “Prediction of gene action, heterosis and combining ability to identify superior rice hybrids,” International Journal of Botany, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 126–144, 2011.
- M. Premlatha, A. Kalamani, and A. Nirmalakumari, “Heterosis and combining ability for grain yield and quality in maize (Zea mays L.),” Advances in Environmental Biology, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 1264–1266, 2011.
- M. Gnanasekaran, P. Vivekanandan, and S. Muthuramu, “Combining ability and heterosis for yield and grain quality in two line rice (Oryza sativa L.) hybrids,” Indian Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 66, pp. 6–69, 2006.
- R. K. Sharma, “Studies on gene action and combining ability for yield and its component traits in rice (Oryza sativa L.),” Indian Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 66, pp. 227–2228, 2006.
- A. K. Verma, S. R. Vishwakarma, and P. K. Singh, “Line x tester analysis in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) across environments,” Barley Genetics Newsletter, vol. 37, pp. 29–233, 2007.
- B. Borghi, M. Perenzin, and R. J. Nash, “Combining ability estimates in bread wheat and performances of 100 F1 hybrids produced using a chemical hybridizing agent,” Journal of Genetics and Breeding, vol. 43, pp. 11–116, 1989.
- B. Borghi and M. Perenzin, “Diallel analysis to predict heterosis and combining ability for grain yield, yield components and bread-making quality in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.),” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 89, no. 7-8, pp. 975–981, 1994.
- K. A. Lucken, “The breeding and production of hybrid wheat, in USA genetic improvement in yield of wheat,” in CSSA Spec. Pub. Crop Science Society of America and American Society of Agronomy, vol. 13, pp. 87–107, Madison, Wis, USA, 1986.
- F. J. Betrán, D. Beck, M. Bänziger, and G. O. Edmeades, “Genetic analysis of inbred and hybrid grain yield under stress and nonstress environments in tropical maize,” Crop Science, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 807–817, 2003.
- A. K. Yadav, R. K. Maan, S. Kumar, and P. Kumar, “Variability, heritability and genetic advance for quantitative characters in hexaploid wheat (Triticum aestivum L.),” Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, vol. 2, pp. 405–4408, 2011.