- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 494026, 8 pages
Covariance Structures in Conventional and Organic Cropping Systems
USDA-ARS and Department of Agronomy & Plant Genetics, University of Minnesota, 803 Iowa Avenue, Morris, MN 56267, USA
Received 30 August 2013; Revised 2 November 2013; Accepted 4 November 2013
Academic Editor: Silvia Imhoff
Copyright © 2013 Abdullah A. Jaradat. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Govaerts, N. Verhulst, K. D. Sayre et al., “Evaluating spatial within plot crop variability for different management practices with an optical sensor?” Plant and Soil, vol. 299, no. 1-2, pp. 29–42, 2007.
- R. G. Smith, F. D. Menalled, and G. P. Robertson, “Temporal yield variability under conventional and alternative management systems,” Agronomy Journal, vol. 99, no. 6, pp. 1629–1634, 2007.
- J. A. Coulter, C. C. Sheaffer, D. L. Wyse et al., “Agronomic performance of cropping systems with contrasting crop rotations and external inputs,” Agronomy Journal, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 182–192, 2011.
- A. K. Knapp, M. D. Smith, S. E. Hobbie et al., “Past, present, and future roles of long-term experiments in the LTER network,” BioScience, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 377–389, 2012.
- T. M. Loughin, M. P. Roediger, G. A. Milliken, and J. P. Schmidt, “On the analysis of long-term experiments,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society A, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 29–42, 2007.
- K. T. Stefanova, A. B. Smith, and B. R. Cullis, “Enhanced diagnostics for the spatial analysis of field trials,” Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 392–410, 2009.
- M. Singh and M. Pala, “Use of covariance structures for temporal errors in the analysis of a three-course wheat rotation and tillage trial,” Journal of Agricultural Science, vol. 142, no. 2, pp. 193–201, 2004.
- A. A. Jaradat and S. L. Weyers, “Statistical modeling of yield and variance instability in conventional and organic cropping systems,” Agronomy Journal, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 673–684, 2011.
- N. Cressie and C. K. Wikle, Statistics for Spatio-Temporal Data, Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2011.
- R. W. Payne, S. A. Harding, D. A. Murray et al., The Guide to Genstat Release 10, Part 2: Statistics, VSN International, Hemel Hempstead, UK, 2007.
- E. E. Gbur, W. W. Stroup, K. S. McCarter et al., Analysis of Generalized Linear Mixed Models in the Agricultural and Natural Resources Science, 2012, http://www.agronomy.org/publications/books.
- H. P. Piepho, A. Büchse, and C. Richter, “A mixed modelling approach for randomized experiments with repeated measures,” Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, vol. 190, no. 4, pp. 230–247, 2004.
- A. A. Jaradat, “Dynamics of mean-variance-skewness of cumulative crop yield impact temporal yield variance,” International Journal of Agronomy, vol. 2011, Article ID 426582, 9 pages, 2011.
- GS+, Geostatistics for the Environmental Sciences, V 7. 0, Gamma Design Software, LLC, East Lansing, Mich, USA, 2007.
- F. J. Rohlf, NTSYSpc: Numerical Taxonomy System, ver. 2. 21c. Exeter Software, Setauket, NY, USA, 2009.
- J. B. Grace, T. Michael Anderson, O. Han, and S. M. Scheiner, “On the specification of structural equation models for ecological systems,” Ecological Monographs, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 67–87, 2010.
- StatSoft, Inc, “STATISTICA, " (data analysis software systems) version 10,” 2012, http://www.statsoft.com.
- R. Webster and R. W. Payne, “Analysing repeated measurements in soil monitoring and experimentation,” European Journal of Soil Science, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2002.
- S. Blackmore, R. J. Godwin, and S. Fountas, “The analysis of spatial and temporal trends in yield map data over six years,” Biosystems Engineering, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 455–466, 2003.
- Q. Ma, Y. L. Wang, H. Zhou, Y. G. Xu, C. M. Jiang, and W. T. Yu, “Corn yield and yield stability under varying nutrient management, crop rotation, and rainfall,” International Journal of Plant Production, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 73–92, 2012.
- R. Van Der Leeden, “Multilevel analysis of repeated measures data,” Quality and Quantity, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 15–29, 1998.