- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 581627, 8 pages
Effect of Rhizobium and Phosphate Solubilizing Bacterial Inoculants on Symbiotic Traits, Nodule Leghemoglobin, and Yield of Chickpea Genotypes
1Department of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, JNKVV, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh 482 004, India
2College of Agriculture, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452 001, India
3IIPR, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208 024, India
Received 25 June 2013; Revised 16 September 2013; Accepted 17 September 2013
Academic Editor: J. K. Ladha
Copyright © 2013 G. S. Tagore et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- FAOSTAT, Food and agriculture organization of the United Nations, 2010.
- Govt. of M.P., Agricultural Statistics, Department of Agriculture. Govt of M.P., Bhopal, India, 2011.
- P. C. Jain, P. S. Kushawaha, U. S. Dhakal, H. Khan, and S. M. Trivedi, “Response of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) to phosphorus and biofertilizer,” Legume Research, vol. 22, pp. 241–244, 1999.
- D. L. Rudresh, M. K. Shivaprakash, and R. D. Prasad, “Effect of combined application of Rhizobium, phosphate solubilizing bacterium and Trichoderma spp. on growth, nutrient uptake and yield of chickpea (Cicer aritenium L.),” Applied Soil Ecology, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 139–146, 2005.
- M. S. Khan, A. Zaidi, and P. A. Wani, “Role of phosphate-solubilizing microorganisms in sustainable agriculture—a review,” Agronomy for Sustainable Development, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 29–43, 2007.
- A. C. Gaur, Phosphate Solubilizing Microorganisms as Biofertilizer, Omega Scientific Publishers, New Delhi, India, 1990.
- M. L. Jackson, Soil Chemical Analysis, Prentice Hall of India, Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, India, 1967.
- A. Walkley and I. A. Black, “An examination of the Degtjareff method for determining organic carbon in soils: effect of variations in digestion conditions and of inorganic soil constituents,” Soil Science, vol. 63, pp. 251–263, 1934.
- R. H. Bray and L. T. Kurtz, “Determination of total, organic and available forms of phosphorous in soils,” Soil Science, vol. 59, pp. 39–45, 1954.
- L. Chesnin and C. H. Yein, “Turbiditymetric determination of available sulphur in soil,” Soil Science Society of America Proceedings, vol. 15, pp. 149–151, 1951.
- B. Toomsan, O. P. Rupela, S. Mittal, P. J. Dart, and K. W. Clark, “Counting Cicer-Rhizobium using a plant infection technique,” Soil Biology and Biochemistry, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 503–507, 1984.
- W. V. B. Sundara Rao and M. K. Sinha, “Phosphate dissolving organisms in the soil and rhizosphere,” Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, vol. 33, pp. 272–278, 1963.
- A. F. Beau, “A method for hemoglobin in serum and urine,” Technical Bulletin of the Registry of Medical Technologists, vol. 32, pp. 111–112, 1962.
- N. S. Subba Rao, Soil Microorganisms and Plant Growth, Oxford and IBH Pub. Co. Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, India, 1986.
- S. C. Gupta and S. L. Namdeo, “Fertilizer economy through composts and bio-fertilizer in chickpea,” Annals of Plant and Soil Research, vol. 2, pp. 244–246, 2000.
- J.-M. Barea, M. J. Pozo, R. Azcón, and C. Azcón-Aguilar, “Microbial co-operation in the rhizosphere,” Journal of Experimental Botany, vol. 56, no. 417, pp. 1761–1778, 2005.
- G. S. Sidhu, N. Singh, and R. Singh, “Symbiotic nitrogen fixation by some summer legumes in Punjab. Role of leghemoglobin in nitrogen fixation,” Journal of Research, Punjab Agricultural University, vol. 4, pp. 244–248, 1967.
- R. C. Singh, M. Singh, R. Kumar, and D. P. Tomer, “Response of chickpea (Cicer arietinum) genotypes to row spacing and fertility under rainfed conditions,” Indian Journal of Agronomy, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 569–572, 1994.
- K. P. Tiwari, L. N. Yadav, and U. S. Thakur, “Relative performance of gram varieties under different dates of sowing,” Crop Research, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 127–130, 1996.
- N. Togay, Y. Togay, K. M. Cimrin, and M. Turan, “Effects of Rhizobium inoculation, sulfur and phosphorus applications on yield, yield components and nutrient uptakes in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.),” African Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 776–782, 2008.
- R. K. Sharma, S. K. . Dubey, R. S. Sharma, and J. P. Tiwari, “Effect of irrigation schedules and fertility levels of nodulation yield and water use efficiency in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.),” JNKVV Research Journal, vol. 28, no. 1-2, pp. 8–10, 1998.
- A. Namvar, R. S. Sharifi, M. Sedghi, R. A. Zakaria, T. Khandan, and B. Eskandarpour, “Study on the effects of organic and inorganic nitrogen fertilizer on yield, yield components, and nodulation state of Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.),” Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 1097–1109, 2011.
- R. S. Jat and I. P. S. Ahlawat, “Effect of vermicompost, biofertilizer and phosphorus on growth, yield and nutrient uptake by gram (Cicer arietinum) and their residual effect on fodder maize (Zea mays),” Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, vol. 74, no. 7, pp. 359–361, 2004.
- M. Geneva, G. Zehirov, E. Djonova, N. Kaloyanova, G. Georgiev, and I. Stancheva, “The effect of inoculation of pea plants with mycorrhizal fungi and Rhizobium on nitrogen and phosphorus assimilation,” Plant, Soil and Environment, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 435–440, 2006.
- H. Öǧütçü, Ö. F. Algur, E. Elkoca, and F. Kantar, “The determination of symbiotic effectiveness of Rhizobium strains isolated from wild chickpeas collected from high altitudes in Erzurum,” Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 241–248, 2008.
- V. G. Takankhar, S. S. Mane, B. G. Kamble, and B. S. Indulkar, “Grain quality of chickpea as influenced by phosphorus fertilization and Rhizobium inoculation,” Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 394–396, 1997.
- J. R. Khoja, S. S. Khangarot, A. K. Gupta, and A. K. Kulhari, “Effect of fertilizer and biofertilizers on growth and yield of chickpea,” Annals of Plant and Soil Research, vol. 4, pp. 357–358, 2002.
- N. R. N. Reddy and I. P. S. Ahlawat, “Response of Chickpea (Cicer arietinum) genotypes to irrigation and fertilizers under late-sown conditions,” Indian Journal of Agronomy, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 95–101, 1998.
- K. N. Meena, R. G. Pareek, and R. S. Jat, “Effect of phosphorus and biofertilizers on yield and quality of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.),” Annals of Agricultural Research, vol. 22, pp. 388–390, 2001.
- S. C. Gupta, “Response of gram (Cicer arietinum) to types and method of microbial inoculation,” Indian Journal of Agricultural Science, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 73–75, 2004.
- M. Erman, S. Demir, E. Ocak, Ş. Tüfenkçi, F. Oĝuz, and A. Akköprü, “Effects of Rhizobium, arbuscular mycorrhiza and whey applications on some properties in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under irrigated and rainfed conditions 1-yield, yield components, nodulation and AMF colonization,” Field Crops Research, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 14–24, 2011.
- L. K. Jain, P. Singh, and P. Singh, “Growth and nutrient uptake of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) as influenced by biofertilizers and phosphorus nutrition,” Crop Research, vol. 25, pp. 410–413, 2003.
- Reddy, B. Gopal, and M. Suryanarayan Reddy, “Effect of organic manures and nitrogen levels on soil available nutrients status in maize-soybean cropping system,” Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science, vol. 46, pp. 474–476, 1998.
- J. P. Singh and J. C. Tarafdar, “Rhizospheric microflora as influenced by sulphur application, herbicide and Rhizobium inoculation in summer mung bean (Vigna radiata L.),” Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science, vol. 50, pp. 127–130, 2002.