- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 687345, 5 pages
Yield and Fruit Characteristics of Various Apricot Cultivars under Subtropical Climate Conditions of the Mediterranean Region in Turkey
Department of Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, Mustafa Kemal University, Antakya, 31034 Hatay, Turkey
Received 19 March 2013; Revised 29 June 2013; Accepted 30 June 2013
Academic Editor: Robert J. Kremer
Copyright © 2013 A. Aytekin Polat and Oguzhan Caliskan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. L. Bianco, V. Farina, S. G. Indelicato, F. Filizzola, and P. Agozzino, “Fruit physical, chemical and aromatic attributes of early, intermediate and late apricot cultivars,” Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, vol. 90, no. 6, pp. 1008–1019, 2010.
- A. A. Polat and O. Caliskan, “Determination of growth and fruit quality parameters of some apricot cultivars in subtropical climate conditions of Turkish Mediterranean region,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 862, pp. 323–330, 2010.
- A. A. Polat, C. Durgac, Ö. Kamiloglu, and O. Caliskan, “Investigation on the adaptation of some low-chill apricot cultivars to Kirikhan (Turkey) ecological conditions,” Acta Hortuculturae, vol. 636, pp. 395–400, 2004.
- S. Ercisli, “Apricot culture in Turkey,” Scientific Research and Essays, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 715–719, 2009.
- S. Paydas, N. Kaska, H. Gübbük, and A. A. Polat, “Investigations on the adaptations of some new apricot cultivars to Adana (Turkey) ecological conditions,” Journal of Agriculture of Cukurova University, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 41–48, 1990.
- D. Bassi and J. M. Audergon, “Apricot breeding: update and perspectives,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 701, pp. 279–294, 2006.
- N. Alburquerque, L. Burgos, M. Sedgley, and J. Egea, “Contributing to the knowledge of the fertilisation process in four apricot cultivars,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 102, no. 4, pp. 387–396, 2004.
- C. A. Ledbetter, “Apricots,” in Temperature Fruit Crop Breeding, J. F. Hancock, Ed., chapter 2, pp. 39–82, 2008.
- SAS Institute, SAS Online Doc., Version 9.1.3. SAS Inst., Cary, NC, USA, 2005.
- D. Ruiz and J. Egea, “Phenotypic diversity and relationships of fruit quality traits in apricot (Prunus armeniaca L.) germplasm,” Euphytica, vol. 163, no. 1, pp. 143–158, 2008.
- A. Hegedũs, R. Engel, L. Abrankó et al., “Antioxidant and antiradical capacities in apricot (Prunus armeniaca L.) fruits: variations from genotypes, years, and analytical methods,” Journal of Food Science, vol. 75, no. 9, pp. C722–C730, 2010.
- M. Ruml, A. Vuković, and D. Milatović, “Evaluation of different methods for determining growing degree-day thresholds in apricot cultivars,” International Journal of Biometeorology, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 411–422, 2010.
- A. A. Polat and M. Yilmaz, “Investigations on the adaptations of some native and foreign apricot cultivars to Adana ecological conditions,” Journal of Science and Engineering, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 127–146, 1988.
- A. A. Kader, “Fruit maturity, ripening, and quality relationships,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 484, no. 203, 208 pages, 1999.
- S. Paydas, N. Kaska, A. A. Polat, and H. Gübbük, “Investigations on the adaptations of some new apricot cultivars to Adana (Turkey) ecological conditions (in Turkish) (1991-1992 experimental years),” in Proceedings of the Turkish 1st National Horticulture Congress, pp. 465–469, 1992.
- L. Son and A. Küden, “Effects of seedling and GF-31 rootstocks on yield and fruit quality of some table apricot cultivars grown in Mersin,” Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 261–267, 2003.
- H. Ayanoglu, N. Kaska, and A. Yildiz, “Investigations on the adaptations of early apricot cultivars in Mediterranean region,” in Proceedings of the Turkish 2nd National Horticultural Congress, vol. 1, pp. 159–163, 1995.
- A. B. Kuden and L. Son, “Researches on peach and nectarines with lower chill requirements,” Çukurova University Journal of Agricultural Faculty, vol. 11, pp. 129–138, 1995.
- T. Yarılgac and A. Kazankaya, “Adaptation of some apricot cultivars in Van ecological conditions,” Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University Journal of Science and Engineering, vol. 5, pp. 131–139.