- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 738263, 4 pages
Modeling Sunflower Productivity and Profitability in Relation to Adequate and Limited Sulphur Availability under Semiarid Irrigated Conditions
1Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana-141 004, Punjab, India
2Oilseeds Section, Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, CCS HAU, Hisar , Haryana 125 004, India
3Computer Section, CCS HAU, Hisar-125 004, Haryana, India
Received 7 March 2013; Revised 30 May 2013; Accepted 30 May 2013
Academic Editor: Rodomiro Ortiz
Copyright © 2013 Parvender Sheoran et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Marschner, Mineral Nutrition of Higher Plants, Academic Press, London, UK, 1995.
- J. Roche, A. Essahat, A. Bouniols et al., “Diversified composition of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) seeds with in cultural practices and genotypes (hybrids and populations),” HELIA, vol. 27, pp. 73–97, 2004.
- S. S. Hussain, F. A. Misger, A. Kumar, and M. H. Babu, “Response of nitrogen and sulphur on biological and economic yield of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.),” Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences, vol. 2, pp. 308–310, 2011.
- H. L. S. Tandon and D. L. Messick, Practical Sulphur Guide, The Sulphur Institute, Washington, DC, USA, 2007.
- M. A. Wani, F. A. Agha, M. A. Malik, and Z. A. Rather, “Response of sunflower to sulphur application under Kashmir conditions,” Applied Biological Research, vol. 3, pp. 19–22, 2001.
- H. W. Scherer, “Sulphur in crop production—invited paper,” European Journal of Agronomy, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 81–111, 2001.
- S. P. McGrath and F. J. Zhao, “Sulphur uptake, yield responses and the interactions between nitrogen and sulphur in winter oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.),” Journal of Agricultural Science, vol. 126, no. 1, pp. 53–62, 1996.
- D. M. Hegde and S. N. Sudhakara Babu, “Declining factor productivity and improving nutrient-use efficiency in oilseeds,” Indian Journal of Agronomy, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2009.
- W. G. Cochran and G. M. Cox, Experimental Designs, John Willey and Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1967.
- H. S. Cheema and B. Singh, A User’s Manual to CPCS 1, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, India, 1990.
- R. K. Sharma, S. C. Nayital, and J. R. Thakur, “Response of barley to nitrogenous fertilizer—a study of limited availability,” Fertilizer Marketing News, vol. 20, pp. 11–15, 1989.