- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 878246, 8 pages
Estimation of Blast Severity on Rye and Triticale Spikes by Digital Image Analysis
1Embrapa Trigo, BR-285, Km 294, CP 451, 99001-970 Passo Fundo, RS, Brazil
2Faculdade de Agronomia e Medicina Veterinária, UPF, Campus I, BR-285, Bairro São José, CP 611, 99052-900 Passo Fundo, RS, Brazil
Received 9 July 2013; Accepted 5 September 2013
Academic Editor: A. V. Barker
Copyright © 2013 João Leodato Nunes Maciel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. R. Mehta and A. Baier, “Variação patogênica entre isolados de Magnaporthe griseaatacando triticale e trigo no estado do Paraná,” Summa Phytopathologica, vol. 24, pp. 119–125, 1998.
- J. R. N. Anjos, D. B. Da Silva, M. J. D. Charcar, and G. C. Rodrigues, “Ocorrência de brusone (Pyricularia grisea) em trigo e centeio na região dos cerrados do Brasil Central,” Pesquisa Agropecuária Brasileira, vol. 31, pp. 79–82, 1996.
- I. S. Ahmad, J. F. Reid, M. R. Paulsen, and J. B. Sinclair, “Color classifier for symptomatic soybean seeds using image processing,” Plant Disease, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 320–327, 1999.
- G. C. G. Andrade, A. C. Alfenas, R. G. Mafia, L. A. Maffia, and R. C. Goncalves, “Diagrammatic scale for assessment of eucalyptus leaf spot severity caused by Quambalaria eucalypti,” Fitopatologia Brasileira, vol. 30, pp. 504–509, 2005.
- C. H. Bock, P. E. Parker, A. Z. Cook, and T. R. Gottwald, “Characteristics of the perception of different severity measures of citrus canker and the relationships between the various symptom types,” Plant Disease, vol. 92, no. 6, pp. 927–939, 2008.
- C. H. Bock, P. E. Parker, A. Z. Cook, and T. R. Gottwald, “Visual rating and the use of image analysis for assessing different symptoms of citrus canker on grapefruit leaves,” Plant Disease, vol. 92, no. 4, pp. 530–541, 2008.
- C. H. Bock, A. Z. Cook, P. E. Parker, and T. R. Gottwald, “Automated image analysis of the severity of foliar citrus canker symptoms,” Plant Disease, vol. 93, no. 6, pp. 660–665, 2009.
- N. J. Grünwald, M. Kitner, V. McDonald, and E. M. Goss, “Susceptibility in Viburnum to Phytophthora ramorum,” Plant Disease, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 210–214, 2008.
- E. G. Kokko, R. L. Conner, G. C. Kozub, and B. Lee, “Quantification by image analysis of subcrown internode discoloration in wheat caused by common root rot,” Phytopathology, vol. 83, pp. 976–981, 1993.
- E. G. Kokko, R. L. Conner, B. Lee, A. D. Kuzyk, and G. C. Kozub, “Quantification of common root rot symptoms in resistant and susceptible barley by image analysis,” Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 38–43, 2000.
- S. A. Tjosvold and D. L. Chambers, “Correlation of lesion size with percent lesion coverage on camellia and rhododendron leaves inoculated with Phytophthora ramorum,” Phytopathology, vol. 96, article S114, 2006.
- A. Vicent, J. Armengol, and J. García-Jiménez, “Rain fastness and persistence of fungicides for control of alternaria brown spot of citrus,” Plant Disease, vol. 91, no. 4, pp. 393–399, 2007.
- L. V. Madden, G. Hughes, and F. van den Bosch, The Study of Plant Disease Epidemics, APS Press, St. Paul, Minn, USA, 2007.
- C. A. Schneider, W. S. Rasband, and K. W. Eliceiri, “NIH Image to ImageJ: 25 years of image analysis,” Nature Methods, vol. 9, pp. 671–675, 2012.
- J. C. Zadoks, T. T. Chang, and C. F. Konzak, “A decimal code for the growth stages of cereals,” Weed Research, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 415–421, 1974.
- L. G. Shapiro and G. C. Stockman, Computer Vision, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 2001.
- W. Z. Shen, Y. Wu, Z. L. Chen, and H. D. Wei, “Grading method of leaf spot disease based on image processing,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSSE '08), vol. 6, pp. 491–494, IEEE Computer Society, Wuhan, China, December 2008.
- R. G. D. Steel and J. H. Torrie, Principles and Procedures of Statistics, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1960.
- R. T. Sherwood, C. C. Berg, M. R. Hoover, and K. E. Zeiders, “Illusions in visual assessment of Stagonospora leaf spot of orchardgrass,” Phytopathology, vol. 73, pp. 173–177, 1983.
- M. Nita, M. A. Ellis, and L. V. Madden, “Reliability and accuracy of visual estimation of phomopsis leaf blight of strawberry,” Phytopathology, vol. 93, no. 8, pp. 995–1005, 2003.
- G. A. Forbes and J. T. Korva, “The effect of using a Horsfall-Barratt scale on precision and accuracy of visual estimation of potato late blight severity in the field,” Plant Pathology, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 675–682, 1994.
- T. T. Hebert, “The rationale for the Horsfall-Barratt plant disease assessment scale,” Phytopathology, vol. 72, article 1269, 1982.
- F. W. Nutter Jr, M. L. Gleason, J. H. Jenco, and N. C. Christians, “Assessing the accuracy, intra-rater repeatability, and inter-rater reliability of disease assessment systems,” Phytopathology, vol. 83, pp. 806–812, 1993.
- F. W. Nutter Jr. and P. M. Schultz, “Improving the accuracy and perception of disease assessments: selection of methods and use of computer-aided training programs,” Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 174–184, 1995.
- C. H. Bock, G. H. Poole, P. E. Parker, and T. R. Gottwald, “Plant disease severity estimated visually, by digital photography and image analysis, and by hyperspectral imaging,” Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 59–107, 2010.