- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 975701, 5 pages
Diallel Anaysis of Oil Production Components in Peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.)
1Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Texas A&M System, College Station, TX 77843, USA
2Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Texas A&M System, Lubbock, TX 79403, USA
3Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Texas A&M System, Stephenville, TX 79401, USA
Received 19 May 2013; Accepted 3 August 2013
Academic Editor: Othmane Merah
Copyright © 2013 Jeffrey N. Wilson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service, http://quickstats.nass.usda.gov/.
- E. E. Sykes and T. E. Michaels, “Combining ability of Ontario-grown peanuts (Arachis hypogaea L.) for oil, fatty acid, and taxonomic characters,” Peanut Science, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 93–97, 1986.
- T. G. Isleib, H. E. Pattee, and F. G. Giesbrecht, “Oil, sugar, and starch characteristics in peanut breeding lines selected for low and high oil content and their combining ability,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 3165–3168, 2004.
- A. Layrisse, J. C. Wynne, and T. G. Isleib, “Combining ability for yield, protein and oil of peanut lines from South American centers of diversity,” Euphytica, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 561–570, 1980.
- S. L. Dwivedi, R. Jambunathan, S. N. Nigam, K. Raghunath, K. R. Shankar, and G. V. S. Nagabhushanam, “Relationship of seed mass to oil and protein contents in peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.),” Peanut Science, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 48–52, 1990.
- K. T. Holley and R. O. Hammons, Strain and Seasonal Effects on Peanut Characteristics, vol. 32 of Georgia Agriculture Experiment Station Research Bulletin, University of Georgia, 1968.
- S. H. Patil, “Induced mutations for improving quantitative characters of groundnut,” Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 451–459, 1972.
- R. L. Miller, J. W. Dudley, and D. E. Alexander, “High intensity selection for percent oil in corn,” Crop Science, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 433–437, 1981.
- Z. Y. Hu, W. Hua, L. Zang et al., “Seed structure characteristics to form ultrahigh oil content in rapeseed,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 4, Article ID e62009, 2013.
- K. Liu, F. Orthoefer, and E. A. Brown, “Association of seed size with genotypic variation in the chemical constituents of soybeans,” Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 189–192, 1995.
- V. R. Pantalone, G. J. Rebetzke, R. F. Wilson, and J. W. Burton, “Relationship between seed mass and linolenic acid in progeny of crosses between cultivated and wild soybean,” Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 563–568, 1997.
- R. L. F. Gomes and A. C. D. A. Lopes, “Correlations and path analysis in peanut,” Crop Breeding and Applied Biotechnology, vol. 5, pp. 105–110, 2005.
- C. E. Simpson, M. R. Baring, A. M. Schubert et al., “Registration of Tamrun OL01 peanut,” Crop Science, vol. 43, no. 6, article 2298, 2003.
- M. R. Baring, C. E. Simpson, M. D. Burow et al., “Registration of Tamrun OL07 peanut,” Crop Science, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 2721–2722, 2006.
- C. E. Simpson, J. L. Starr, S. C. Nelson, K. E. Woodward, and O. D. Smith, “Registration of TxAG-6 and TxAG-7 peanut germplasm,” Crop Science, vol. 33, no. 6, article 1418, 1993.
- B. Griffing, “Concept of general and specific combining ability in relation to diallel crossing systems,” Australian Journal of Biological Science, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 462–493, 1956.
- M. D. Burow and J. G. Coors, “DIALLEL: a microcomputer program for the simulation and analysis of diallel crosses,” Agronomy Journal, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 154–158, 1994.
- R. J. Baker, “Issues in diallel analysis,” Crop Science, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 533–536, 1978.
- H. D. Upadhyaya and S. N. Nigam, “Detection of epistasis for protein and oil contents and oil quality parameters in peanut,” Crop Science, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 115–118, 1999.
- J. N. Wilson, M. R. Baring, M. D. Burow, W. L. Rooney, and C. E. Simpson, “Generation means analysis of oil concentration in peanut,” Journal of Crop Improvement, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 85–95, 2013.
- B. I. Hayman, “The analysis of variance of diallel tables,” Biometrics, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 235–244, 1954.
- N. D. Wilson, D. E. Weibel, and R. W. McNew, “Diallel analyses of grain yield, percent protein, and protein yield in grain sorghum,” Crop Science, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 491–495, 1978.
- R. Bernardo, “Estimating genetic variances,” in Breeding for Quantitative Traits in Plants, pp. 117–146, Stemma Press, Woodbury, Minn, USA, 2002.
- J. R. Sughroue and A. R. Hallauer, “Analysis of the diallel mating design for maize inbred lines,” Crop Science, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 400–405, 1997.
- S. L. Dwivedi, K. Thendapani, and S. N. Nigam, “Heterosis and combining ability studies and relationship among fruit and seed characters in peanut,” Peanut Science, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 14–20, 1989.
- H. T. Stalker and C. E. Simpson, “Germplasm resources in Arachis,” in Advances in Peanut Science, H. E. Pattee and H. T. Stalker, Eds., pp. 14–53, American Peanut Research and Education Society, Stillwater, Okla, USA, 1995.