- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 983414, 6 pages
Identification and Characterization of Wheat Streak Mosaic Virus Isolates in Wheat-Growing Areas in Brazil
1Universidade de Passo Fundo, BR 285, Km 292, 99001-970 Passo Fundo, RS, Brazil
2Embrapa Trigo, BR 285, Km 294, 99001-970 Passo Fundo, RS, Brazil
Received 12 July 2013; Accepted 13 September 2013
Academic Editor: Kent Burkey
Copyright © 2013 Talita Bernardon Mar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. C. Stenger, J. S. Hall, I. Choi, and R. French, “Phylogenetic relationships within the family Potyviridae: Wheat streak mosaic virus and brome streak mosaic virus are not members of the genus Rymovirus,” Phytopathology, vol. 88, no. 8, pp. 782–787, 1998.
- H. H. McKinney, “Mosaic disease of wheat and related cereals,” US Departament of Agriculture, Circular no. 442, 1937.
- D. Navia, R. S. de Mendonca, A. Skoracka et al., “Wheat curl mite, Aceria tosichella, and transmitted viruses: an expanding pest complex affecting cereal crops,” Experimental and Applied Acarology, vol. 59, no. 1-2, pp. 95–143, 2013.
- R. A. C. Jones, B. A. Coutts, A. E. Mackie, and G. I. Dwyer, “Seed transmission of Wheat streak mosaic virus shown unequivocally in wheat,” Plant Disease, vol. 89, no. 10, pp. 1048–1050, 2005.
- G. I. Dwyer, M. J. Gibbs, A. J. Gibbs, and R. A. C. Jones, “Wheat streak mosaic virus in Australia: relationship to isolates from the Pacific Northwest of the USA and its dispersion via seed transmission,” Plant Disease, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 164–170, 2007.
- V. M. Lanoiselet, T. L. Hind-Lanoiselet, and G. M. Murray, “Studies on the seed transmission of Wheat streak mosaic virus,” Australasian Plant Pathology, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 584–588, 2008.
- H. Sánchez-Sánchez, M. Henry, E. Cárdenas-Soriano, and H. F. Alvizo-Villasana, “Identification of Wheat streak mosaic virus and its vector Aceria tosichella in Mexico,” Plant Disease, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 13–17, 2001.
- M. H. Ellis, G. J. Rebetzke, W. M. Kelman, C. S. Moore, and J. E. Hyles, “Detection of Wheat streak mosaic virus in four pasture grass species in Australia,” Plant Pathology, vol. 53, no. 2, p. 239, 2004.
- R. French and D. C. Stenger, “Evolution of Wheat streak mosaic virus: dynamics of population growth within plants may explain limited variation,” Annual Review of Phytopathology, vol. 41, pp. 199–214, 2003.
- B. A. R. Hadi, M. A. C. Langhm, L. Osborne, and K. J. Tilmon, “Wheat streak mosaic virus on wheat: biology and management,” Journal of Integrated Pest Management, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. J1–J5, 2011.
- I. R. Choi, J. S. Hall, M. Henry et al., “Contributions of genetic drift and negative selection on the evolution of three strains of wheat streak mosaic tritimovirus,” Archives of Virology, vol. 146, no. 3, pp. 619–628, 2001.
- D. C. Stenger, D. L. Seifers, and R. French, “Patterns of polymorphism in Wheat streak mosaic virus: sequence space explored by a clade of closely related viral genotypes rivals that between the most divergent strains,” Virology, vol. 302, no. 1, pp. 58–70, 2002.
- M. H. Ellis, G. J. Rebetzke, R. Mago, and P. Chu, “First report of Wheat streak mosaic virus in Australia,” Australasian Plant Pathology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 551–553, 2003.
- G. Truol, R. French, M. Sagadin, and J. Arneodo, “First report of Wheat streak mosaic virus infecting wheat in Argentina,” Australasian Plant Pathology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 137–138, 2004.
- D. C. Stenger and R. French, “Wheat streak mosaic virus genotypes introduced to Argentina are closely related to isolates from the American Pacific Northwest and Australia,” Archives of Virology, vol. 154, no. 2, pp. 331–336, 2009.
- D. Navia, G. Truol, R. S. Mendonca, and M. Sagadin, “Aceria tosichella Keifer (Acari: Eriophyidae) from Wheat streak mosaic virus-infected wheat plants in Argentina,” International Journal of Acarology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 189–193, 2006.
- P. R. V. D. S. Pereira, D. Navia, J. R. Salvadori, and D. Lau, “Occurrence of Aceria tosichella in Brazil,” Pesquisa Agropecuaria Brasileira, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 539–542, 2009.
- E. Castiglioni and D. Navia, “Prospección de Aceria tosichella em gramíneas de Uruguay,” in Workshop en virosis de cereales transmitidas por el ácaro Aceria Tosichella—Wheat streak mosaic virus y High plains virus—en los países del Cono Sur: situación, detección y manejo, pp. 25–26, Libro de Resúmenes, 2008.
- M. Deb and J. M. Anderson, “Development of a multiplexed PCR detection method for Barley and Cereal yellow dwarf viruses, wheat spindle streak virus, Wheat streak mosaic virus and Soil-borne wheat mosaic virus,” Journal of Virological Methods, vol. 148, no. 1-2, pp. 17–24, 2008.
- S. F. Altschul, W. Gish, W. Miller, E. W. Myers, and D. J. Lipman, “Basic local alignment search tool,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 215, no. 3, pp. 403–410, 1990.
- D. C. Stenger and R. French, “Complete nucleotide sequence of Oat necrotic mottle virus: a distinct Tritimovirus species (family Potyviridae) most closely related to Wheat streak mosaic virus,” Archives of Virology, vol. 149, no. 3, pp. 633–640, 2004.
- F. Rabenstein, D. L. Seifers, J. Schubert, R. French, and D. C. Stenger, “Phylogenetic relationships, strain diversity and biogeography of tritimoviruses,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 895–906, 2002.
- B. S. M. Lebas, F. M. Ochoa-Corona, B. J. R. Alexander et al., “First report of Wheat streak mosaic virus on Wheat in New Zealand,” Plant Disease, vol. 93, pp. 430–430, 2009.
- R. G. Kapooria and J. Ndunguru, “Occurrence of viruses in irrigated wheat in Zambia,” EPPO Bulletin, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 413–419, 2004.