- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 983641, 9 pages
Quantitative Trait Loci Analysis of Folate Content in Dry Beans, Phaseolus vulgaris L.
1Department of Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph, Crop Science Building, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 2W1
2Guelph Food Research Centre, AAFC, 93 Stone Road W, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 4Y2
3Greenhouse and Processing Crops Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC), 2585 County Road 20, Harrow, ON, Canada N0R 1G0
Received 15 June 2012; Revised 19 September 2012; Accepted 17 December 2012
Academic Editor: Shree P. Singh
Copyright © 2012 S. Khanal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Duranti, “Grain legume proteins and nutraceutical properties,” Fitoterapia, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 67–82, 2006.
- M. Hefni, V. Öhrvik, M. Tabekha, and C. Witthöft, “Folate content in foods commonly consumed in Egypt,” Food Chemistry, vol. 121, no. 2, pp. 540–545, 2010.
- J. Arcot and A. Shrestha, “Folate: methods of analysis,” Trends in Food Science and Technology, vol. 16, no. 6-7, pp. 253–266, 2005.
- T. Brody, J. E. Watson, and E. L. R. Stokstad, “Folate pentaglumate and folate hexaglumate mediated one carbon metabolism,” Biochemestry, vol. 21, pp. 276–282, 1982.
- L. Vahteristo, K. Lehikoinen, V. Ollilainen, and P. Varo, “Application of an HPLC assay for the determination of folate derivatives in some vegetables, fruits and berries consumed in Finland,” Food Chemistry, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 589–597, 1997.
- A. H. Steindal, A. Juzeniene, A. Johnsson, and J. Moan, “Photodegradation of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate: biophysical Aspects,” Photochemistry and Photobiology, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 1651–1655, 2006.
- S. Roje, “Vitamin B biosynthesis in plants,” Phytochemistry, vol. 68, no. 14, pp. 1904–1921, 2007.
- J. Geisel, “Folic acid and neural tube defects in pregnancy: a review,” Journal of Perinatal Neonatal Nutritions, vol. 17, pp. 268–279, 2003.
- F. M. A. Islam, K. E. Basford, C. Jara, R. J. Redden, and S. Beebe, “Seed compositional and disease resistance differences among gene pools in cultivated common bean,” Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 285–293, 2002.
- S. Xue, X. Ye, J. Shi et al., “Degradation kinetics of folate (5-methyltetrahydrofolate) in navy beans under various processing conditions,” Food Science and Technology, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 231–238, 2011.
- SAS Institute, SAS User's Guide, SAS Institute, Cary, NC, USA, 2010.
- R. A. Scott and G. A. Milliken, “A SAS program for analyzing augmented randomized complete-block designs,” Crop Science, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 865–867, 1993.
- C. Shi, A. Navabi, and K. Yu, “Association mapping of common bacterial blight resistance QTL in Ontario bean breeding populations,” BMC Plant Biology, vol. 11, no. 1, article no. 52, 2011.
- J. W. Van Ooijen, “JoinMap 4, Software for the calculation of genetic linkage maps in experimental populations,” Kyazma B.V., Wageningen, The Netherlands, 2006.
- M. McConnell, S. Mamidi, R. Lee et al., “Syntenic relationships among legumes revealed using a gene-based genetic linkage map of common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.),” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 121, no. 6, pp. 1103–1116, 2010.
- M. W. Blair, C. Astudillo, M. A. Grusak, R. Graham, and S. E. Beebe, “Inheritance of seed iron and zinc concentrations in common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.),” Molecular Breeding, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 197–207, 2009.
- K. A. Cichy, S. Forster, K. F. Grafton, and G. L. Hosfield, “Inheritance of seed zinc accumulation in navy bean,” Crop Science, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 864–870, 2005.
- J. Dang, J. Arcot, and A. Shrestha, “Folate retention in selected processed legumes,” Food Chemistry, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 295–298, 2000.
- M. Johansson, C. Furuhagen, W. Frølich, and M. Jägerstad, “Folate content in frozen vegetarian ready meals and folate retention after different reheating methods,” Food Science and Technology, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 528–536, 2008.
- M. L. Jones and P. F. Nixon, “Tetrahydrofolates are greatly stabilized by binding to bovine milk folate-binding protein,” Journal of Nutrition, vol. 132, no. 9, pp. 2690–2694, 2002.
- G. Orsomando, R. D. De La Garza, B. J. Green et al., “Plant γ-glutamyl hydrolases and folate polyglutamates: characterization, compartmentation, and co-occurrence in vacuoles,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 280, no. 32, pp. 28877–28884, 2005.
- Y. Wang, Z. Nimec, T. J. Ryan, J. A. Dias, and J. Galivan, “The properties of the secreted γ-glutamyl hydrolases from H35 hepatoma cells,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1164, no. 3, pp. 227–235, 1993.