- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 787945, 7 pages
Irrigated Soybean Leaf Photosynthesis in the Humid Subtropical Midsouth
Crop Production Systems Research Unit, USDA-ARS, MSA, P.O. Box 350, 141 Research Road, Stoneville, MS 38776, USA
Received 19 August 2013; Revised 20 November 2013; Accepted 10 December 2013; Published 23 January 2014
Academic Editor: Kent Burkey
Copyright © 2014 H. Arnold Bruns. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. G. Heatherly, “Early soybean production system (ESPS),” in Soybean Production in the Mid South, L. G. Heatherly and H. F. Hodges, Eds., pp. 103–118, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1999.
- C. D. Raper and P. J. Kramer, “Stress physiology,” in Soybeans: Improvement, Production, and Uses, J. R. Wilcox, Ed., vol. 16 of ASA Monographs, pp. 589–641, ASA, CSSA, and SSSA, Madison, Wis, USA, 2nd edition, 1987.
- L. G. Heatherly, “Yield and germinability of seed from irrigated and nonirrigated early- and late-planted MG IV and V soybean,” Crop Science, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 1000–1006, 1996.
- G. R. Bowers, “An early soybean production system for drought avoidance,” Journal of Production Agriculture, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 112–119, 1995.
- MSUCares, Soybean Production in Mississippi, Mississippi State University Extension Service, Starkville, Miss, USA, 2012, http://msucares.com/crops/soybeans/.
- R. H. Bohning and C. A. Burnside, “The effect of light intensity on rate of apparent photosynthesis of leaves of sun and shade plants,” American Journal of Botany, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 557–561, 1956.
- W. A. Brun and R. L. Cooper, “Effects of light intensity and carbon dioxide concentration on photosynthetic rate of soybeans,” Crop Science, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 451–454, 1967.
- G. M. Dornhoff and R. M. Shibles, “Varietal differences in net photosynthesis of soybean leaves,” Crop Science, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 42–45, 1970.
- P. E. Kriedeman, T. F. Neales, and D. H. Ashton, “Photosynthesis in relation to leaf orientation and light interception,” Australian Journal of Biological Science, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 591–600, 1964.
- J. E. Beuerlein and J. W. Pendleton, “Photosynthetic rates and light saturation curves of individual soybean leaves under field conditions,” Crop Science, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 217–219, 1971.
- B. R. Buttery, R. I. Buzzell, and W. I. Findlay, “Relationship among photosynthesis rate, bean yield and other characters in field-grown cultivars of soybean,” Canadian Journal of Plant Science, vol. 61, pp. 191–198, 1981.
- H. R. Boerma and D. A. Ashely, “Canopy photosynthesis and seed-fill duration in recently developed soybean cultivars and selected plant introductions,” Crop Science, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 137–140, 1988.
- S. W. Ritchie, J. J. Hanway, H. E. Thompson, and G. O. Benson, “How a soybean plant develops,” Special Report 53, revised edition, Iowa State University Cooperative Extension Service, Ames, Iowa, USA, 1994.
- L. G. Higley, “New understandings of soybean defoliation and their implications for pest management,” in Pest Management in Soybean, L. G. Copping, M. B. Green, and R. T. Ress, Eds., Elsevier Science Publications, London, UK, 1992.
- L. Zhang, J. Zhang, C. E. Watson, and S. Kyei-Boahen, “Developing phenological prediction tables for soybean,” Crop Management, 2004.
- G. Bowes, W. L. Ogren, and R. H. Hageman, “Light saturation, photosynthesis rate, RuDP carboxylase activity, and specific leaf weight in soybeans grown under different light intensities,” Crop Science, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 77–79, 1972.
- R. M. Gifford and L. T. Evans, “Photosynthesis, carbon partitioning, and yield,” Annual Reviews of Plant Physiology, vol. 32, pp. 485–509, 1981.
- S. P. Long and J. E. Hällgren, “Measurement of CO2 assimilation by plants in the field and laboratory,” in Photosynthesis and Productivity in a Changing Environment: A Field and Laboratory Manual, D. O. Hall, J. M. O. Scurlock, H. R. Bolhar-Nordenkampf, R. C. Leegood, and S. P. Long, Eds., pp. 129–167, Chapman and Hall, London, UK, 1993.
- H. Kandel and A. Akyuz, “Growing degree day model for North Dakota soybean,” NDSU Crop Pest Report, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND, USA, 2012, http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/cpr/plant-science/growing-degree-day-model-for-north-dakota-soybean-6-28-12.
- P. E. Curtis, W. L. Ogren, and R. L. Hageman, “Varietal effects in soybean photosynthesis and photorespiration,” Crop Science, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 323–327, 1969.