- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 789087, 8 pages
Moisture and Salinity Stress Induced Changes in Biochemical Constituents and Water Relations of Different Grape Rootstock Cultivars
National Research Centre for Grapes, P. B. No. 3, Manjri Farm, Solapur Road, Pune, Maharashtra 412 307, India
Received 25 June 2013; Accepted 28 October 2013; Published 20 January 2014
Academic Editor: Ravindra N. Chibbar
Copyright © 2014 Satisha Jogaiah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Satisha, G. S. Prakash, R. M. Bhatt, and P. Sampath Kumar, “Physiological mechanisms of water use efficiency in grape rootstocks under drought conditions,” International Journal of Agricultural Research, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 159–164, 2007.
- M. C. Candolfi-Vasconcelos, W. Koblet, G. S. Howell, and W. Zweifel, “Influence of defoliation, rootstock, training system, and leaf position on gas exchange of Pinot noir grapevines,” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 173–180, 1994.
- L. E. Williams and R. J. Smith, “The effect of rootstocks on the partitioning of dry weight, nitrogen, potassium and root distribution of Cabernet Sauvignon grapevine,” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, vol. 42, pp. 118–122, 1991.
- M. Ashraf and P. J. C. Harris, “Potential biochemical indicators of salinity tolerance in plants,” Plant Science, vol. 166, no. 1, pp. 3–16, 2004.
- M. M. Posmyk, R. Kontek, and K. M. Janas, “Antioxidant enzymes activity and phenolic compounds content in red cabbage seedlings exposed to copper stress,” Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 596–602, 2009.
- Y. Wang and N. Nii, “Changes in chlorophyll, ribulose bisphosphate carboxylase-oxygenase, glycine betaine content, photosynthesis and transpiration in Amaranthus tricolor leaves during salt stress,” Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 623–627, 2000.
- J. Bota, J. Flexas, and H. Medrano, “Genetic variability of photosynthesis and water use in Balearic grapevine cultivars,” Annals of Applied Biology, vol. 138, no. 3, pp. 353–361, 2001.
- H. D. Barrs and P. E. Weatherly, “A re-examination of the relative turgidity techniques for estimating water deficits in leaves,” Australian Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 15, pp. 413–428, 1962.
- V. L. Singleton and J. A. Rossi, “Colorimetry of total phenolic with phosphomolybdic phosphotungstic acid reagents,” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, vol. 16, pp. 144–158, 1965.
- J. M. Dawson and P. L. Heatlie, “Lowry method of protein quantification: evidence for photosensitivity,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 140, no. 2, pp. 391–393, 1984.
- H. During and P. R. Dry, “Osmoregulation in water stressed roots: responses of leaf conductance and photosynthesis,” Vitis, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 15–17, 1995.
- H. R. Schultz, “Physiological mechanisms of water use efficiency in grapevines under drought conditions,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 526, pp. 115–136, 2000.
- M. L. Rodrigues, M. M. Chaves, M. Wendler et al., “Osmotic adjustment in water stressed grapevines in relation to carbon assimilation,” Australian Journal of Plant Physiology, vol. 20, pp. 309–321, 1993.
- S. Nagarajah, “Physiological response of grape vines to water stress,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 240, pp. 249–256, 1989.
- A. Patakas and B. Noitsakis, “Mechanisms involved in diurnal changes of osmotic potential in grapevines under drought conditions,” Journal of Plant Physiology, vol. 154, no. 5-6, pp. 767–774, 1999.
- H. Zhongqun, T. Haoru, L. Huanxium, H. Chaoxing, Z. Zhibin, and W. Hauisang, “Arbuscualr Mycorrhizal alleviated ion toxicity, oxidative damage and enhanced osmotic adjustment in tomato subjected to NaCl stress,” American, vol. 7, pp. 676–683, 2010.
- A. G. Reynolds and A. P. Naylor, “‘Pinot noir’ and ‘Riesling’ grapevines respond to water stress duration and soil water-holding capacity,” HortScience, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 1505–1510, 1994.
- A. N. Lakso, “The effect of water stress on physiological processes in fruit crops,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 171, pp. 275–290, 1985.
- M. H. Behboudian, R. R. Walker, and E. Törökfalvy, “Effects of water stress and salinity on photosynthesis of pistachio,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 251–261, 1986.
- M. M. Chaves, T. P. Santos, C. R. Souza et al., “Deficit irrigation in grapevine improves water-use efficiency while controlling vigour and production quality,” Annals of Applied Biology, vol. 150, no. 2, pp. 237–252, 2007.
- U. Shani and L. M. Dudley, “Field studies of crop response to water and salt stress,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 1522–1528, 2001.
- J. M. Morgan, “Osmoregulation and water stress in higher plants,” Annual Review of Plant Physiology, vol. 33, pp. 299–319, 1984.
- H. Greenway and R. Munns, “Mechanisms of salt tolerance in non-halophytes,” Annual Review of Plant Physiology, vol. 31, pp. 149–190, 1980.
- C. A. Rice-Evans, N. J. Miller, and G. Paganga, “Antioxidant properties of phenolic compounds,” Trends in Plant Science, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 152–159, 1997.
- A. K. Parida, A. B. Das, Y. Sanada, and P. Mohanty, “Effects of salinity on biochemical components of the mangrove, Aegiceras corniculatum,” Aquatic Botany, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 77–87, 2004.
- R. Dostanova, L. K. Klysheve, and K. A. Toibaeva, “Phenol compounds of pea roots under salinization of the medium,” Fiziologiya-i-Biokhimiya Kul’turnykh Rastenii, vol. 11, pp. 40–47, 1979.
- V. M. Latha, V. N. Satakopan, and H. Jayasree, “Salinity induced changes in phenol and ascorbic acid content in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea) leaves,” Current Science, vol. 58, pp. 151–152, 1989.
- J. Matysik, A. Alia, B. Bhalu, and P. Mohanty, “Molecular mechanisms of quenching of reactive oxygen species by proline under stress in plants,” Current Science, vol. 82, no. 5, pp. 525–532, 2002.
- N. Jangpromma, S. Kitthaisong, S. Dadung, P. Jaisil, and S. Thammasirirak, “18KDa protein accumulation in sugarcane leaves under drought stress conditions,” KMITL Science Technology Journal, vol. 7, pp. 44–54, 2007.
- I. Kerepesi and G. Galiba, “Osmotic and salt stress-induced alteration in soluble carbohydrate content in wheat seedlings,” Crop Science, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 482–487, 2000.
- S. Hajihashemi, K. Kiarostami, S. Enteshari, and A. Saboora, “The effects of salt stress and paclobutrazol on some physiological parameters of two salt-tolerant and salt-sensitive cultivars of wheat,” Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 1370–1374, 2006.