- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 259217, 7 pages
Characterisation of Flavonoid Aglycones by Negative Ion Chip-Based Nanospray Tandem Mass Spectrometry
1School of Chemistry, University of Bristol, Cantock's Close, Bristol BS8 1TS, UK
2Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas de Ribeirão Preto, Universidade de São Paulo, Via do Café S/N, 14040-903 Ribeirão Preto, SP, Brazil
Received 26 September 2011; Accepted 20 November 2011
Academic Editor: Michael Niehues
Copyright © 2012 Paul J. Gates and Norberto P. Lopes. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Kanashiro, L. M. Kabeya, A. C. M. Polizello, N. P. Lopes, J. L. C. Lopes, and Y. M. Lucisano-Valim, “Inhibitory activity of flavonoids from Lychnophora sp. on generation of reactive oxygen species by neutrophils upon stimulation by immune complexes,” Phytotherapy Research, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 61–65, 2004.
- P. Chicaro, E. Pinto, P. Colepicolo, J. L. C. Lopes, and N. P. Lopes, “Flavonoids from Lychnophora passerina (Asteraceae): potential antioxidants and UV-protectants,” Biochemical Systematics and Ecology, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 239–243, 2004.
- R. Takeara, S. Albuquerque, N. P. Lopes, and J. L. C. Lopes, “Trypanocidal activity of Lychnophora staavioides Mart. (Vernonieae, Asteraceae),” Phytomedicine, vol. 10, no. 6-7, pp. 490–493, 2003.
- N. P. Lopes, P. Chicaro, M. J. Kato, S. Albuquerque, and M. Yoshida, “Flavonoids and lignans from Virola surinamensis twigs and their in vitro activity against Trypanosoma cruzi,” Planta Medica, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 667–669, 1998.
- L. Gobbo-Neto, M. D. Santos, A. Kanashiro et al., “Evaluation of the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities of di-C-glucosylflavones from Lychnophora ericoides (Asteraceae),” Planta Medica, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 3–6, 2005.
- N. P. Lopes, M. J. Kato, and M. Yoshida, “Antifungal constituents from roots of Virolasurinamensis,” Phytochemistry, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 29–33, 1999.
- J. B. Harborne and C. A. Williams, “Anthocyanins and other flavonoids,” Natural Product Reports, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 310–333, 2001.
- C. A. Williams and R. J. Grayer, “Anthocyanins and other flavonoids,” Natural Product Reports, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 539–573, 2004.
- T. Guaratini, R. L. Vessecchi, F. C. Lavarda et al., “New chemical evidence for the ability to generate radical molecular ions of polyenes from ESI and HR-MALDI mass spectrometry,” Analyst, vol. 129, no. 12, pp. 1223–1226, 2004.
- T. Guaratini, R. Vessecchi, E. Pinto, P. Colepicolo, and N. P. Lopes, “Balance of xanthophylls molecular and protonated molecular ions in electrospray ionization,” Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 963–968, 2005.
- A. E. M. Crotti, R. Vessecchi, J. L. C. Lopes, and N. P. Lopes, “Electrospray ionization mass spectrometry: chemical processes invoeved in the ion formation from low molecular weight organic compounds,” Química Nova, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 287–292, 2006.
- A. E. M. Crotti, J. L. C. Lopes, and N. P. Lopes, “Triple quadrupole tandem mass spectrometry of sesquiterpene lactones: a study of goyazensolide and its congeners,” Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 1030–1034, 2005.
- M. Pivatto, A. E. M. Crotti, N. P. Lopes et al., “Electrospray ionization mass spectrometry screening of piperidine alkaloids from Senna spectabilis (Fabaceae) extracts: fast identification of new constituents and co-metabolites,” Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1431–1438, 2005.
- A. Fredenhagen, C. Derrien, and E. Gassmann, “An MS/MS library on an ion-trap instrument for efficient dereplication of natural products. Different fragmentation patterns for and ions,” Journal of Natural Products, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 385–391, 2005.
- M. Wilm and M. Mann, “Analytical properties of the nanoelectrospray ion source,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 1996.
- G. A. Schultz, T. N. Corso, S. J. Prosser, and S. Zhang, “A fully integrated monolithic microchip electrospray device for mass spectrometry,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 72, no. 17, pp. 4058–4063, 2000.
- T. Guaratini, P. J. Gates, K. H. M. Cardozo, P. M. B. G. M. Campos, P. Colepicolo, and N. P. Lopes, “Letter: radical ion and protonated molecule formation with retinal in electrospray and nanospray,” European Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 71–74, 2006.
- T. Guaratini, P. J. Gates, E. Pinto, P. Colepicolo, and N. P. Lopes, “Differential ionisation of natural antioxidant polyenes in electrospray and nanospray mass spectrometry,” Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, vol. 21, no. 23, pp. 3842–3848, 2007.
- P. A. dos Santos, J. L. C. Lopes, and N. P. Lopes, “Triterpenoids and flavonoids from Lychnophoriopsis candelabrum (Asteraceae),” Biochemical Systematics and Ecology, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 509–512, 2004.
- N. P. Lopes, C. B. W. Stark, H. Hong, P. J. Gates, and J. Staunton, “A study of the effect of pH, solvent system, cone potential and the addition of crown ethers on the formation of the monensin protonated parent ion in electrospray mass spectrometry,” Analyst, vol. 126, no. 10, pp. 1630–1632, 2001.
- N. Fabre, I. Rustan, E. de Hoffmann, and J. Quetin-Leclercq, “Determination of flavone, flavonol, and flavanone aglycones by negative ion liquid chromatography electrospray ion trap mass spectrometry,” Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 707–715, 2001.
- K. H. M. Cardozo, R. Vessecchi, V. M. Carvalho et al., “A theoretical and mass spectrometry study of the fragmentation of mycosporine-like amino acids,” International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 21, pp. 3842–3848, 2008.
- U. Justesen, “Collision-induced fragmentation of deprotonated methoxylated flavonoids, obtained by electrospray ionization mass spectrometry,” Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 169–178, 2001.
- N. P. Lopes, T. Fonseca, J. P. G. Wilkins, J. Staunton, and P. J. Gates, “Novel gas-phase ion-molecule aromatic nucleophilic substitution in β-carbolines,” Chemical Communications, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 72–73, 2003.