- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 260425, 10 pages
Application of Monoclonal Antibodies against Bioactive Natural Products: Eastern Blotting and Preparation of Knockout Extract
1Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Science, Kyushu University, 3-1-1 Maidashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-0855, Japan
2Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Nagasaki International University, 2827-7 Huis Ten Bosch, Sasebo 859-3298, Japan
3Faculty of Health Management, Nagasaki International University, 2827-7 Huis Ten Bosch, Sasebo 859-3298, Japan
4Phytochemistry Department, Centre for Scientific Research into Plant Medicine, University of Ghana, P.O. Box 73, Mampong-Akuapem, Ghana
5State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, No.38 Xue-yuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100191, China
6Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
Received 30 August 2011; Accepted 18 October 2011
Academic Editor: Norberto Peporine Lopes
Copyright © 2012 Hiroyuki Tanaka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Sakata, Y. Shoyama, and H. Murakami, “Production of monoclonal antibodies and enzyme immunoassay for typical adenylate cyclase activator, forskolin,” Cytotechnology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 101–108, 1994.
- M. Ishiyama, Y. Shoyama, H. Murakami, and H. Shinohara, “Production of monoclonal antibodies and development of an ELISA for solamargine,” Cytotechnology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 153–158, 1996.
- L. Xuan, H. Tanaka, Y. Xu, and Y. Shoyama, “Preparation of monoclonal antibody against crocin and its characterization,” Cytotechnology, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 65–70, 1999.
- H. Tanaka, Y. Goto, and Y. Shoyama, “Monoclonal antibody based enzyme immunoassay for marihuana (cannabinoid) compounds,” Journal of Immunoassay, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 321–342, 1996.
- Y. Shoyama, T. Fukada, and H. Murakami, “Production of monoclonal antibodies and ELISA for thebaine and codeine,” Cytotechnology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 55–61, 1995.
- H. Tanaka, N. Fukuda, and Y. Shoyama, “Formation of monoclonal antibody against a major ginseng component, ginsenoside Rb1 and its characterization,” Cytotechnology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 115–120, 1999.
- N. Fukuda, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “Formation of monoclonal antibody against a major ginseng component, ginsenoside Rg1 and its characterization: monoclonal antibody for a ginseng saponin,” Cytotechnology, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 197–204, 2000.
- J. S. Kim, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “Immunoquantitative analysis for berberine and its related compounds using monoclonal antibodies in herbal medicines,” Analyst, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 87–91, 2004.
- O. Morinaga, S. Nakajima, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “Production of monoclonal antibodies against a major purgative component, sennoside B, their characterization and use in ELISA,” Analyst, vol. 126, no. 8, pp. 1372–1376, 2001.
- Z. Lu, O. Morinaga, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “A quantitative ELISA using monoclonal antibody to survey paeoniflorin and albiflorin in crude drugs and traditional Chinese herbal medicines,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 862–866, 2003.
- H. Tanaka and Y. Shoyama, “Formation of a monoclonal antibody against glycyrrhizin and development of an ELISA,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 1391–1393, 1998.
- S. Shan, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for glycyrrhizin using anti-glycyrrhizin monoclonal antibody and an eastern blotting technique for glucuronides of glycyrrhetic acid,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 73, no. 24, pp. 5784–5790, 2001.
- P. Loungratana, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “Production of monoclonal antibody against ginkgolic acids in Ginkgo biloba Linn,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 33–48, 2004.
- K. Katsumi, K. Edakuni, O. Morinaga, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for aconitine-type alkaloids using an anti-aconitine monoclonal antibody,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 616, no. 1, pp. 109–114, 2008.
- K. Kido, O. Morinaga, Y. Shoyama, and H. Tanaka, “Quick analysis of baicalin in Scutellariae Radix by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay using a monoclonal antibody,” Talanta, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 346–350, 2008.
- H. Tanaka, N. Fukuda, and Y. Shoyama, “Eastern blotting and immunoaffinity concentration using monoclonal antibody for ginseng saponins in the field of traditional Chinese medicines,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 3783–3787, 2007.
- I. Wengatz, R.-D. Schmid, S. Kreissig, et al., “Determination of the hapten density of immuno-conjugates by matrix-assisted UV laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry,” Analytical Letters, vol. 25, pp. 1983–1997, 1992.
- Y. Shoyama, T. Fukada, T. Tanaka, A. Kusai, and K. Nojima, “Direct determination of opium alkaloid-bovine serum albumin conjugate by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 1051–1053, 1993.
- Y. Shoyama, R. Sakata, R. Isobe, H. Murakami, A. Kusai, and K. Nojima, “Direct determination of forskolin-bovine serum albumin conjugate by matrx-assisted laser desorption ionization mass spectrometry,” Organic Mass Spectrometry, vol. 28, pp. 987–988, 1993.
- Y. Goto, Y. Shima, S. Morimoto, et al., “Determination of tetrahydrocannabinolic acid-carrier protein conjugate by matrix-assisted laster desorption/Ionization mass spectrometry and antibody formation,” Organic Mass Spectrometry, vol. 29, pp. 668–671, 1994.
- The Society for Korean Ginseng, In Understanding of Korean Ginseng, The Society for Korean Ginseng, Seoul, Korea, 1995.
- I. Kitagawa, T. Taniyama, M. Yoshikawa, Y. Ikenishi, and Y. Nakagawa, “Chemical studies on crude drug processing. VI. (1)) Chemical structures of malonyl-Ginsenosides Rb1, Rb2, Rc, and Rd isolated from the root of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 2961–2970, 1989.
- O. Morinaga, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “Detection and quantification of ginsenoside Re in ginseng samples by a chromatographic immunostaining method using monoclonal antibody against ginsenoside Re,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 830, no. 1, pp. 100–104, 2006.
- H. Tanaka, W. Putalun, C. Tsuzaki, and Y. Shoyama, “A simple determination of steroidal alkaloid glycosides by thin-layer chromatography immunostaining using monoclonal antibody against solamargine,” FEBS Letters, vol. 404, no. 2-3, pp. 279–282, 1997.
- N. Fukuda, S. Shan, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “New staining methodology: eastern blotting for glycosides in the field of Kampo medicines,” Journal of Natural Medicines, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 21–27, 2006.
- S. Yokota, Y. Onohara, and Y. Shoyama, “Immunofluorescence and immunoelectron microscopic localization of medicinal substance, Rb1, in several plant parts of Panax ginseng,” Current Drug Discovery Technologies, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 51–59, 2011.
- O. Morinaga, S. Zhu, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “Visual detection of saikosaponins by on-membrane immunoassay and estimation of traditional Chinese medicines containing Bupleuri radix,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 346, no. 3, pp. 687–692, 2006.
- N. Fukuda, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “Isolation of the pharmacologically active saponin ginsenoside Rb1 from ginseng by immunoaffinity column chromatography,” Journal of Natural Products, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 283–285, 2000.
- H. Yanagihara, R. Sakata, H. Minami, H. Tanaka, Y. Shoyama, and H. Murakami, “Immunoaffinity column chromatography against forskolin using an anti-forskolin monoclonal antibody and its application,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 335, no. 1-2, pp. 63–70, 1996.
- W. Putalun, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “Rapid separation of solasodine glycosides by an immunoaffinity column using anti-solamargine monoclonal antibody,” Cytotechnology, vol. 31, no. 1-2, pp. 151–156, 1999.
- H. Tanaka, N. Fukuda, S. Yahara, S. Isoda, C. S. Yuan, and Y. Shoyama, “Isolation of ginsenoside Rb1 from Kalopanax pictus by eastern blotting using anti-ginsenoside Rb1 monoclonal antibody,” Phytotherapy Research, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 255–258, 2005.
- S. Amagaya, E. Sugishita, and Y. Ogihara, “Comparative studies of the stereoisomers of glycyrrhetinic acid on anti-inflammatory activities,” Journal of Pharmacobio-Dynamics, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 923–928, 1984.
- R. Doll and I.-D. Hill, “Triterpenoid liquorice compound in gastric and duodenal ulcer,” The Lancet, vol. 280, no. 7266, pp. 1166–1167, 1962.
- Z. Y. Wang and D. W. Nixon, “Licorice and cancer,” Nutrition and Cancer, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2001.
- T. Kuroyanagi and M. Saito, “Effect of prednisolone and glycyrrhizin on passive transfer in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis,” Japanese Journal of Allergology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 67–74, 1966.
- T. Nakamura, T. Fujii, and A. Ichihara, “Enzyme leakage due to change of membrane permeability of primary cultured rat hepatocytes treated with various hepatotoxins and its prevention by glycyrrhizin,” Cell Biology and Toxicology, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 285–295, 1985.
- M. N. Asl and H. Hosseinzadeh, “Review of pharmacological effects of glycyrrhiza sp. and its bioactive compounds,” Phytotherapy Research, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 709–724, 2008.
- J. Xu, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “One-step immunochromatographic separation and ELISA quantification of glycyrrhizin from traditional Chinese medicines,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 850, no. 1-2, pp. 53–58, 2007.
- C.-Z. Wang and Y. Shoyama, “Herbal medicine: identification, and evaluation strategies,” in Text Book of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, C.-S. Yuan, E.-J. Bieber, and B.-A. Bauer, Eds., pp. 51–70, Informa Healthcare, Minnesota, Minn, USA, 2nd edition, 2006.
- S. Moncada, R. M. J. Palmer, and E. A. Higgs, “Nitric oxide: physiology, pathophysiology, and pharmacology,” Pharmacological Reviews, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 109–142, 1991.
- C. Nathan and Q. W. Xie, “Regulation of biosynthesis of nitric oxide,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 269, no. 19, pp. 13725–13728, 1994.
- K. M. Naseem, “The role of nitric oxide in cardiovascular diseases,” Molecular Aspects of Medicine, vol. 26, no. 1-2, pp. 33–65, 2005.
- T. J. Guzik, R. Korbut, and T. Adamek-Guzik, “Nitric oxide and superoxide in inflammation and immune regulation,” Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 469–487, 2003.
- S. B. Abramson, A. R. Amin, R. M. Clancy, and M. Attur, “The role of nitric oxide in tissue destruction,” Best Practice and Research: Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 831–845, 2001.
- T. Uto, O. Morinaga, H. Tanaka, and Y. Shoyama, “Analysis of the synergistic effect of glycyrrhizin and other constituents in licorice extract on lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production using knock-out extract,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 417, no. 1, pp. 473–478, 2012.
- K. Hashimoto, K. Satoh, P. Murata et al., “Components of Panax ginseng that improve accelerated small intestinal transit,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 115–119, 2003.