- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 282574, 40 pages
Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry: A Technique to Access the Information beyond the Molecular Weight of the Analyte
Department of Chemical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai 400005, India
Received 9 August 2011; Revised 23 October 2011; Accepted 9 November 2011
Academic Editor: Troy D. Wood
Copyright © 2012 Shibdas Banerjee and Shyamalava Mazumdar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [35 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Shruti Chopra, Murali Pendela, Jos Hoogmartens, Ann Van Schepdael, and Erwin Adams, “Impurity profiling of capreomycin using dual liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry,” Talanta, vol. 100, pp. 113–122, 2012.
- Sandeep Goyal, Shibdas Banerjee, and Shyamalava Mazumdar, “ Oxygenation of Monoenoic Fatty Acids by CYP175A1, an Orphan Cytochrome P450 from Thermus thermophilus HB27 ,” Biochemistry, vol. 51, no. 40, pp. 7880–7890, 2012.
- Elizabeth M. Yuill, Niya Sa, Steven J. Ray, Gary M. Hieftje, and Lane A. Baker, “Electrospray Ionization from Nanopipette Emitters with Tip Diameters of Less than 100 nm,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 85, no. 18, pp. 8498–8502, 2013.
- Valerie Gabelica, Helmut Grubmueller, and Modesto Orozco, “Proteins in the gas phase,” Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews-Computational Molecular Science, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 408–425, 2013.
- Hanna Skubatz, and William N. Howald, “Two Global Conformation States of a Novel NAD(P) Reductase Like Protein of the Thermogenic Appendix of the Sauromatum guttatum Inflorescence,” The Protein Journal, 2013.
- Shibdas Banerjee, “Induction of protein conformational change inside the charged electrospray droplet,” Journal Of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 193–204, 2013.
- Yi-Tzu Cho, Min-Zong Huang, Sih-You Wu, Ming-Feng Hou, Jianjun Li, and Jentaie Shiea, “Using electrospray laser desorption ionization mass spectrometry to rapidly examine the integrity of proteins stored in various solutions,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2013.
- Jose C. J. M. D. S. Menezes, Jose A. S. Cavaleiro, and M. Rosario M. Domingues, “Structural analysis of 2-arylidene-1-indanone derivatives by electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry,” Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, vol. 27, no. 21, pp. 2461–2471, 2013.
- Aurelie Periat, Serge Rudaz, Julien Boccard, Jean-Luc Veuthey, and Davy Guillarme, “Systematic comparison of sensitivity between hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography and reversed phase liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry,” Journal Of Chromatography A, vol. 1312, pp. 49–57, 2013.
- Mathivathani Kandiah, and Pawel L. Urban, “Advances in ultrasensitive mass spectrometry of organic molecules,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 5299–5322, 2013.
- S. S. Zalesskiy, V. V. Kachala, L. L. Khemchyan, A. A. Grachev, V. P. Ananikov, A. S. Kashin, and N. V. Orlov, “Target-oriented analysis of gaseous, liquid and solid chemical systems by mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and electron microscopy,” Russian Chemical Reviews, vol. 82, no. 7, pp. 648–685, 2013.
- Saurabh K. Srivastava, Vincent J. B. Ruigrok, Albert J. R. Heck, Natalie J. Thompson, Anke K. Trilling, Maarten A. Jongsma, Cees van Rijn, and Jules Beekwilder, “16 kDa Heat Shock Protein from Heat-Inactivated Mycobacterium tuberculosis Is a Homodimer - Suitability for Diagnostic Applications with Specific Llama VHH Monoclonals,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 5, 2013.
- Jinyu Li, Giulia Rossetti, Jens Dreyer, Simone Raugei, Emiliano Ippoliti, Bernhard Luescher, and Paolo Carloni, “Molecular Simulation-Based Structural Prediction of Protein Complexes in Mass Spectrometry: The Human Insulin Dimer,” Plos Computational Biology, vol. 10, no. 9, 2014.
- Cristina Lento, Gerald F. Audette, and Derek J. Wilson, “Time-resolved electrospray mass spectrometry — a brief history,” Canadian Journal of Chemistry, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- R. You, M. Li, S. Guha, G. W. Mulholland, and M. R. Zachariah, “Bionanoparticles as Candidate Reference Materials for Mobility Analysis of Nanoparticles,” Analytical Chemistry, pp. 140707072047007, 2014.
- Oliver Frank, Johanna Karoline Kreissl, Andreas Daschner, and Thomas Hofmann, “ Accurate Determination of Reference Materials and Natural Isolates by Means of Quantitative 1 H NMR Spectroscopy ,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, pp. 140311124457004, 2014.
- Qing Yu, Chuanzi Ouyang, Zhidan Liang, and Lingjun Li, “Mass Spectrometric Characterization of the Crustacean Neuropeptidome,” EuPA Open Proteomics, 2014.
- Ze-Qin Guo, Dong-Mei Fang, Jian-Hua Wang, Guo-Lin Zhang, and Zhi-Jun Wu, “[M–H]+ ions in 3-alkyl substituted indoles detected by electrospray mass spectrometry,” International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 2014.
- Henrik T. Madsen, and Erik G. Søgaard, “Applicability and modelling of nanofiltration and reverse osmosis for remediation of groundwater polluted with pesticides and pesticide transformation products,” Separation and Purification Technology, 2014.
- Helmut Hinterwirth, Christin Stegemann, and Manuel Mayr, “Lipidomics Quest for Molecular Lipid Biomarkers in Cardiovascular Disease,” Circulation-Cardiovascular Genetics, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 941–954, 2014.
- Clifford C. Walters, Frank C. Wang, Kuangnan Qian, Chunping Wu, Anthony S. Mennito, and Zhibin Wei, “Petroleum alteration by thermochemical sulfate reduction - A comprehensive molecular study of aromatic hydrocarbons and polar compounds,” Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 2014.
- Takeshi Fukuda, Asumi Suzuki, Yingjie Liao, and Katsumi Suzuki, “Influence of spray conditions on droplet charge per unit volume for electrospray deposition,” Journal of Aerosol Science, vol. 77, pp. 38–49, 2014.
- Szymon Filip, Jerome Zoidakis, Antonia Vlahou, and Harald Mischak, “Advances in urinary proteome analysis and applications in systems biology,” Bioanalysis, vol. 6, no. 19, pp. 2549–2569, 2014.
- Shibdas Banerjee, Sandeep Goyal, and Shyamalava Mazumdar, “Role of Substituents on the Reactivity and Product Selectivity in Reactions of Naphthalene Derivatives Catalyzed by the Orphan Thermostable Cytochrome P450, CYP175A1,” Bioorganic Chemistry, 2015.
- Tetsuya Fukuda, Hiroshi Hike, Fumihiko Usui, Yasuhiko Bando, Toshihide Nishimura, Tatsuhiko Kodama, and Takeshi Kawamura, “An Improvement on MS-based Epigenetic Analysis of Large Histone-derived Peptides by Using the IVU Interface,” Analytical Biochemistry, 2015.
- Karina Tveen-Jensen, Frank Gesellchen, Rab Wilson, Corinne M. Spickett, Jonathan M. Cooper, and Andrew R. Pitt, “Interfacing low-energy SAW nebulization with Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry for the analysis of biological samples,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, 2015.
- Endler M. Borges, “Silica, Hybrid Silica, Hydride Silica and Non-Silica Stationary Phases for Liquid Chromatography,” Journal Of Chromatographic Science, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 580–597, 2015.
- Hang Yuan, Yile Wu, Wu Liu, Yan Liu, Xiang Gao, Jinming Lin, and Yufen Zhao, “Mass spectrometry-based method to investigate the natural selectivity of sucrose as the sugar transport form for plants,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 407, pp. 5–9, 2015.
- Inês C. Santos, Veronica B. Waybright, Hui Fan, Sabra Ramirez, Raquel B. R. Mesquita, António O. S. S. Rangel, Petr Fryčák, and Kevin A. Schug, “Determination of Noncovalent Binding Using a Continuous Stirred Tank Reactor as a Flow Injection Device Coupled to Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry,” Journal of The American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 2015.
- Jae Kyoo Lee, Samuel Kim, Hong Gil Nam, and Richard N. Zare, “Microdroplet fusion mass spectrometry for fast reaction kinetics,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 112, no. 13, pp. 3898–3903, 2015.
- Corinne M. Spickett, and Andrew R. Pitt, “Oxidative Lipidomics Coming of Age: Advances in Analysis of Oxidized Phospholipids in Physiology and Pathology,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, pp. 150326134633009, 2015.
- Yi-Fan Xu, Wenyun Lu, and Joshua D. Rabinowitz, “Avoiding Misannotation of In-Source Fragmentation Products as Cellular Metabolites in Liquid Chromatography–Mass Spectrometry-Based Metabolomics,” Analytical Chemistry, pp. 150127102806006, 2015.
- Yuyu Yao, Km Shams-Ud-Doha, Rambod Daneshfar, Elena N. Kitova, and John S. Klassen, “Quantifying Protein-Carbohydrate Interactions Using Liquid Sample Desorption Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry,” Journal Of The American Society For Mass Spectrometry, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 98–106, 2015.
- Jens Kruse, Marion Abraham, Wulf Amelung, Christel Baum, Roland Bol, Oliver Kühn, Hans Lewandowski, Jörg Niederberger, Yvonne Oelmann, Christopher Rüger, Jakob Santner, Meike Siebers, Nina Siebers, Marie Spohn, Johan Vestergren, Angela Vogts, and Peter Leinweber, “Innovative methods in soil phosphorus research: A review,” Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science, 2015.
- Jyrki Viidanoja, “Determination of short chain carboxylic acids in vegetable oils and fats using ion exclusion chromatography electrospray ionization mass spectrometry,” Journal of Chromatography A, 2015.