- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 375831, 7 pages
Direct Electron Transfer of Hemoglobin on Manganese III Oxide-Ag Nanofibers Modified Glassy Carbon Electrode
1Department of Biology, Payam-e-Noor University, Tehran 7371719578, Iran
2Department of Biology, Shahrekord University, Shahrekord, Iran
3Department of Biology, Payam-e-Noor University, Taft, Iran
4Young Researchers Club, Islamic Azad University, Yazd Branch, Yazd, Iran
Received 30 December 2011; Accepted 4 February 2012
Academic Editor: Bahram Hemmateenejad
Copyright © 2012 Masoud Negahdary et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Davis and S. P. J. Higson, “Biofuel cells-recent advances and applications,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1224–1235, 2007.
- M. C. Potter, “Electrical effects accompanying the decomposition of organic compounds,” Proceedings of the Royal Society, vol. 84, pp. 260–276, 1912.
- A. T. Yahiro, S. M. Lee, and D. O. Kimble, “Bioelectrochemistry. I. Enzyme utilizing bio-fuel cell studies,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 375–383, 1964.
- M. T. Sulak, O. Gökdoğan, A. Gülce, and H. Gülce, “Amperometric glucose biosensor based on gold-deposited polyvinylferrocene film on Pt electrode,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1719–1726, 2006.
- R. A. Bullen, T. C. Arnot, J. B. Lakeman, and F. C. Walsh, “Biofuel cells and their development,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 2015–2045, 2006.
- K. G. Lim and G. T. R. Palmore, “Microfluidic biofuel cells: the influence of electrode diffusion layer on performance,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 941–947, 2007.
- A. Heller, “Miniature biofuel cells,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 209–216, 2004.
- Y. Kamitaka, S. Tsujimura, N. Setoyama, T. Kajino, and K. Kano, “Fructose/dioxygen biofuel cell based on direct electron transfer-type bioelectrocatalysis,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 9, no. 15, pp. 1793–1801, 2007.
- S. Rezaei-Zarchi, M. Negahdary, M. Doroudian et al., “Direct electron transfer of Myoglobin on nickel oxide Nanoparticles modified graphite electrode,” Advances in Environmental Biology, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 3241–3248, 2011.
- J. Wang and M. Musameh, “Carbon nanotube/Teflon composite electrochemical sensors and biosensors,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 75, no. 9, pp. 2075–2079, 2003.
- K. Wu, J. Fei, and S. Hu, “Simultaneous determination of dopamine and serotonin on a glassy carbon electrode coated with a film of carbon nanotubes,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 318, no. 1, pp. 100–106, 2003.
- X.-H. Zhang and S.-F. Wang, “Determination of ethamsylate in the presence of catecholamines using 4-amino-2-mercaptopyrimidine self-assembled monolayer gold electrode,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 29–34, 2005.
- J. X. Wang, X. W. Sun, A. Wei et al., “Zinc oxide nanocomb biosensor for glucose detection,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 23, Article ID 233106, 2006.
- Y. Ding, Y. Wang, L. Su, M. Bellagamba, H. Zhang, and Y. Lei, “Electrospun Co3O4 nanofibers for sensitive and selective glucose detection,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 542–548, 2010.
- J. Rubio Retama, E. López Cabarcos, D. Mecerreyes, and B. López-Ruiz, “Design of an amperometric biosensor using polypyrrole-microgel composites containing glucose oxidase,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1111–1117, 2004.
- X. Lu, J. Zhou, W. Lu, Q. Liu, and J. Li, “Carbon nanofiber-based composites for the construction of mediator-free biosensors,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 1236–1243, 2008.
- A. J. Amalraj, M. Sundaravadivelm, A. P. P. Regis, and S. Rajendran, “Corrosion inhibition by polyvinylpyrrolidone,” in Proceedings of the 9th European Symposium on Corrosion Inhibitors, p. 407, 2000.
- A. A. Gürten, M. Erbil, and K. Kayakirilmaz, “Effect of polyvinylpyrrolidone on the corrosion resistance of steel,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 27, no. 7-8, pp. 802–808, 2005.
- Y. Jianguo, W. Lin, V. Otieno-Alego, and D. P. Schweinsberg, “Polyvinylpyrrolidone and polyethylenimine as inhibitors for the corrosion of a low carbon steel in phosphoric acid,” Corrosion Science, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 975–985, 1995.
- K. Oksman, M. Skrifvars, and J. F. Selin, “Natural fibres as reinforcement in polylactic acid (PLA) composites,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 63, no. 9, pp. 1317–1324, 2003.
- J. Xu, J. Zhang, W. Gao, H. Liang, H. Wang, and J. Li, “Preparation of chitosan/PLA blend micro/nanofibers by electrospinning,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 8, pp. 658–660, 2009.
- T. W. Ebbesen and P. M. Ajayan, “Large-scale synthesis of carbon nanotubes,” Nature, vol. 358, no. 6383, pp. 220–222, 1992.
- Y. B. Vassilyev, O. A. Khazova, and N. N. Nikolaeva, “Kinetics and mechanism of glucose electrooxidation on different electrode-catalysts. Part II. Effect of the nature of the electrode and the electrooxidation mechanism,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 127–144, 1985.
- A. Gorman, A. McGowan, and T. G. Cotter, “Role of peroxide and superoxide anion during tumour cell apoptosis,” FEBS Letters, vol. 404, no. 1, pp. 27–33, 1997.
- Z. Zhuang, X. Su, H. Yuan, Q. Sun, D. Xiao, and M. M. F. Choi, “An improved sensitivity non-enzymatic glucose sensor based on a CuO nanowire modified Cu electrode,” Analyst, vol. 133, no. 1, pp. 126–132, 2008.
- A. J. Bard and L. R. Faulkner, “Electrochemical methods,” in Fundamentals and Applications, p. 241, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2001.
- E. Laviron, “General expression of the linear potential sweep voltammogram in the case of diffusionless electrochemical systems,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 19–28, 1979.
- E. Laviron, “The use of linear potential sweep voltammetry and of a. c. voltammetry for the study of the surface electrochemical reaction of strongly adsorbed systems and of redox modified electrodes,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 100, no. 1-2, pp. 263–270, 1979.
- R. Banerjee and R. Cassoly, “Preparation and properties of the isolated α and β chains of human hemoglobin in the ferri state. Investigation of oxidation-reduction equilibria,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 337–349, 1969.