- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 376381, 7 pages
Tin Content Determination in Canned Fruits and Vegetables by Hydride Generation Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometry
1Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, Horvatovac 102 a, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
2Croatian National Institute of Public Health, Enviromental Health Service Rockefellerova 7, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Received 7 November 2011; Revised 7 February 2012; Accepted 8 February 2012
Academic Editor: Hian Kee Lee
Copyright © 2012 Sanda Rončević et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Blunden and T. Wallace, “Tin in canned food: a review and understanding of occurrence and effect,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1651–1662, 2003.
- P. J. Boogaard, M. Boisset, S. Blunden, S. Davies, T. J. Ong, and J. P. Taverne, “Comparative assessment of gastrointestinal irritant potency in man of tin(II) chloride and tin migrated from packaging,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1663–1670, 2003.
- FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives, “Evaluation of certain food additives and contaminants,” WHO Technical Report Series 776, Thirty-Third Report of the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives, Geneva, Switzerland, 1989.
- J. L. Manzoori, M. Amjadi, and D. Abolhasani, “Spectrofluorimetric determination of tin in canned foods,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 1631–1635, 2006.
- E. S. B. Morte, M. G. A. Korn, M. L. M. F. S. Saraiva, J. L. F. C. Lima, and P. C. A. G. Pinto, “Sequential injection fluorimetric determination of Sn in juices of canned fruits,” Talanta, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 1100–1103, 2009.
- F. E. Khansari, M. Ghazi-Khansari, and M. Abdollahi, “Heavy metals content of canned tuna fish,” Food Chemistry, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 293–296, 2005.
- A. G. Cameron and J. E. Brittain, “The measurement of tin in canned beans by atomic absorption spectrometry,” International Journal of Food Science & Technology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 187–192, 2007.
- H. O. Haug and L. Yiping, “Automated determination of tin by hydride generation using in situ trapping on stable coatings in graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry,” Spectrochimica Acta B, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1311–1324, 1995.
- L. Perring and M. Basic-Dvorzak, “Determination of total tin in canned food using inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectroscopy,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 374, no. 2, pp. 235–243, 2002.
- R. E. S. Froes, W. Borges Neto, R. L. P. Naveira, N. C. Silva, C. C. Nascentes, and J. B. B. da Silva, “Exploratory analysis and inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP OES) applied in the determination of metals in soft drinks,” Microchemical Journal, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 68–72, 2009.
- A. Ikem and N. O. Egiebor, “Assessment of trace elements in canned fishes (mackerel, tuna, salmon, sardines and herrings) marketed in Georgia and Alabama (United States of America),” Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 771–787, 2005.
- A. V. Pournaras, M. I. Prodromidis, A. P. Katsoulidis, A. V. Badeka, D. Georgantelis, and M. G. Kontominas, “Evaluation of lacquered tinplated cans containing octopus in brine by employing X-ray microanalysis and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 460–464, 2008.
- M. G. Kontominas, M. I. Prodromidis, E. K. Paleologos, A. V. Badeka, and D. Georgantelis, “Investigation of fish product-metal container interaction using scanning electron microscopy-X-ray microanalysis,” Food Chemistry, vol. 98, no. 2, pp. 225–230, 2006.
- P CEN/TS 15506, Foodstuffs-“Determination of trace elements-Determination of tin in fruit and vegetables preserved in cans by flame atomic absorption spectrometry (AAS)”, 2007.
- G. H. Alvarez and S. G. Capar, “Determination of tin in foods by hydride generation-atomic absorption spectrometry,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 530–533, 1987.
- A. S. Ribeiro, A. L. Moretto, M. A. Z. Arruda, and S. Cadore, “Analysis of powdered coffee and milk by ICP OES after sample treatment with tetramethylammonium hydroxide,” Mikrochimica Acta, vol. 141, no. 3-4, pp. 149–155, 2003.
- H. Wiltsche, I. B. Brenner, G. Knapp, and K. Prattes, “Simultaneous determination of As, Bi, Se, Sn and Te in high alloy steels - Re-evaluation of hydride generation inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometry,” Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1083–1088, 2007.
- R. I. Botto, “Matrix interferences in the analysis of organic solutions by inductively coupled plasma-atomic emission spectrometry,” Spectrochimica Acta B, vol. 42, no. 1-2, pp. 181–199, 1987.
- T. D. Hettipathirana, A. P. Wade, and M. W. Blades, “Effects of organic acids in low power inductively coupled argon plasma-optical emission spectroscopy,” Spectrochimica Acta B, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 271–280, 1990.
- M. Muntenau, E. Chirila, G. Stanciu, and N. Marin, “Tin determination in canned fruits,” Ovidius University Annals of Chemistry, vol. 21, pp. 79–82, 2010.
- J. Knapek, V. Herman, R. Buchtová, and D. Vosmerova, “Determination of tin in canned foods by atomic absorption spectrometry,” Czech Journal of Food Sciences, vol. 27, pp. S407–S409, 2009.
- Y. Mino, “Determination of tin in canned foods by X-ray fluorescence spectrometry,” Journal of Health Science, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 67–72, 2006.