- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 546282, 7 pages
Sensitive Determination of Terazosin in Pharmaceutical Formulations and Biological Samples by Ionic-Liquid Microextraction Prior to Spectrofluorimetry
1Agricultural, Medical and Industrial Research School, Nuclear Science and Technology Research Institute, P.O. Box 31485/498, Karaj, Iran
2Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University College of Science, University of Tehran, P.O. Box 14155-6455,Tehran, Iran
Received 10 September 2011; Accepted 2 November 2011
Academic Editor: P. Haglund
Copyright © 2012 Mohsen Zeeb and Mahdi Sadeghi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Mudiyala and A. Ahmed, “Effect of terazosin on clinical benign prostatic hyperplasia in older adults,” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 424–426, 2003.
- H. Lepor, K. Jones, and W. Williford, “The mechanism of adverse events associated with terazosin: An analysis of the Veterans Affairs cooperative study,” Journal of Urology, vol. 163, no. 4, pp. 1134–1137, 2000.
- H. H. Abdine, F. A. El-Yazbi, S. M. Blaih, and R. A. Shaalan, “Spectrophotometric and spectrofluorimetric methods for the determination of terazosin in dosage forms,” Spectroscopy Letters, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 969–980, 1998.
- C. Q. Jiang, M. X. Gao, and J. X. He, “Study of the interaction between terazosin and serum albumin -Synchronous fluorescence determination of terazosin,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 452, no. 2, pp. 185–189, 2002.
- R. A. Silva and A. N. Masi, “Sensitive determination of terazosin by x-ray fluorescence spectrometry based on the formation of ion-pair associates with zinc thiocyanate,” X-Ray Spectrometry, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 279–283, 2007.
- P. Y. Cheah, K. H. Yuen, and M. L. Liong, “Improved high-performance liquid chromatographic analysis of terazosin in human plasma,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 745, no. 2, pp. 439–443, 2000.
- A. P. Zavitsanos and T. Alebic-Kolbah, “Enantioselective determination of terazosin in human plasma by normal phase high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 794, no. 1-2, pp. 45–56, 1998.
- M. M. Ghoneim, M. A. El Ries, E. Hammam, and A. M. Beltagi, “A validated stripping voltammetric procedure for quantification of the anti-hypertensive and benign prostatic hyperplasia drug terazosin in tablets and human serum,” Talanta, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 703–710, 2004.
- M. Zeeb, M. R. Ganjali, and P. Norouzi, “Dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction followed by spectrofluorimetry as a simple and accurate technique for determination of thiamine (vitamin B1),” Microchimica Acta, vol. 168, no. 3, pp. 317–324, 2010.
- P. Hemmatkhah, A. Bidari, S. Jafarvand, M. R. M. Hosseini, and Y. Assadi, “Speciation of chromium in water samples using dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction and flame atomic absorption spectrometry,” Microchimica Acta, vol. 166, no. 1-2, pp. 69–75, 2009.
- S. Jafarvand, A. Bidari, P. Hemmatkhah, M. R. M. Hosseini, and Y. Assadi, “Dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction of silver prior to determination by microsample introduction-flame atomic absorption spectrometry,” Analytical Letters, vol. 42, no. 14, pp. 2214–2231, 2009.
- F. Rezaei, A. Bidari, A. P. Birjandi, M. R. Milani Hosseini, and Y. Assadi, “Development of a dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction method for the determination of polychlorinated biphenyls in water,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 158, no. 2-3, pp. 621–627, 2008.
- A. Jain, A. K. K. V. Pillai, N. Sharma, and K. K. Verma, “Headspace single-drop microextraction and cuvetteless microspectrophotometry for the selective determination of free and total cyanide involving reaction with ninhydrin,” Talanta, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 758–765, 2010.
- A. Garbi, V. Sakkas, Y. C. Fiamegos, C. D. Stalikas, and T. Albanis, “Sensitive determination of pesticides residues in wine samples with the aid of single-drop microextraction and response surface methodology,” Talanta, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 1286–1291, 2010.
- Y. He and H. K. Lee, “Liquid-phase microextraction in a single drop of organic solvent by using a conventional microsyringe,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 69, no. 22, pp. 4634–4640, 1997.
- A. Sanchez-Ortega, N. Unceta, A. Gómez-Caballero et al., “Sensitive determination of triazines in underground waters using stir bar sorptive extraction directly coupled to automated thermal desorption and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 641, no. 1-2, pp. 110–116, 2009.
- S. Pandey, “Analytical applications of room-temperature ionic liquids: a review of recent efforts,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 556, no. 1, pp. 38–45, 2006.
- N. Hirayama, M. Deguchi, H. Kawasumi, and T. Honjo, “Use of 1-alkyl-3-methylimidazolium hexafluorophosphate room temperature ionic liquids as chelate extraction solvent with 4,4,4-trifluoro-1-(2-thienyl)- 1,3-butanedione,” Talanta, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 255–260, 2005.
- P. Berton, E. M. Martinis, L. D. Martinez, and R. G. Wuilloud, “Room temperature ionic liquid-based microextraction for vanadium species separation and determination in water samples by electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometry,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 640, no. 1-2, pp. 40–46, 2009.
- M. Gharehbaghi, F. Shemirani, and M. D. Farahani, “Cold-induced aggregation microextraction based on ionic liquids and fiber optic-linear array detection spectrophotometry of cobalt in water samples,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 165, no. 1–3, pp. 1049–1055, 2009.
- L. Vidal, A. Chisvert, A. Canals, and A. Salvador, “Ionic liquid-based single-drop microextraction followed by liquid chromatography-ultraviolet spectrophotometry detection to determine typical UV filters in surface water samples,” Talanta, vol. 81, no. 1-2, pp. 549–555, 2010.
- E. Aguilera-Herrador, R. Lucena, S. Cárdenas, and M. Valcárcel, “Determination of trihalomethanes in waters by ionic liquid-based single drop microextraction/gas chromatographic/mass spectrometry,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 1209, no. 1-2, pp. 76–82, 2008.
- M. Gharehbaghi, F. Shemirani, and M. Baghdadi, “Dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction based on ionic liquid and spectrophotometric determination of mercury in water samples,” International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 21–33, 2009.
- H. Abdolmohammad-Zadeh and G. H. Sadeghi, “Combination of ionic liquid-based dispersive liquid-liquid micro-extraction with stopped-flow spectrofluorometry for the pre-concentration and determination of aluminum in natural waters, fruit juice and food samples,” Talanta, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 778–785, 2010.
- M. Zeeb, M. R. Ganjali, P. Norouzi, and M. R. Kalaee, “Separation and preconcentration system based on microextraction with ionic liquid for determination of copper in water and food samples by stopped-flow injection spectrofluorimetry,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 1086–1091, 2011.
- Q. Zhou, H. Bai, G. Xie, and J. Xiao, “Temperature-controlled ionic liquid dispersive liquid phase micro-extraction,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 1177, no. 1, pp. 43–49, 2008.