- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 809513, 7 pages
Micellar Liquid Chromatographic Determination of Carbaryl and 1-Naphthol in Water, Soil, and Vegetables
1Grup de Química Bioanalítica, Q.F.A., E.S.T.C.E., Universitat Jaume I, 12071 Castelló, Spain
2Pfizer Analytical Research Centre, Ghent University, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium
3Department of Applied Chemistry, IT, Banaras Hindu University, 221005 Varanasi, India
4Department of Criminology and Forensic Sciences, Dr. H. S. Gour University, 470003 Sagar, India
Received 28 September 2011; Accepted 27 October 2011
Academic Editor: Dimitrios P. Nikolelis
Copyright © 2012 Mei-Liang Chin-Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. EPA. EPA's pesticide programs, Washington, DC, USA, 1991.
- J. M. Soriano, B. Jiménez, G. Font, and J. C. Moltó, “Analysis of carbamate pesticides and their metabolites in water by solid phase extraction and liquid chromatography: a review,” Critical Reviews in Analytical Chemistry, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 19–52, 2001.
- L. L. E. Atrache, S. Sabbah, and J. P. Morizur, “Identification of phenyl-N-methylcarbamates and their transformation products in Tunisian surface water by solid-phase extraction liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry,” Talanta, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 603–612, 2005.
- M. Martínez Galera, P. Parrilla Vázquez, J. L. Martínez Vidal, J. Martínez Fernández, and J. L. Pascual Gómez, “Large-volume direct injection for determining naphthalene derivative pesticides in water using a restricted-access medium column in RPLC-LC with fluorescence detection,” Chromatographia, vol. 60, no. 9-10, pp. 517–522, 2004.
- K. Yu, J. Krol, M. Balogh, and I. Monks, “A fully automated LC/MS method development and quantification protocol targeting 52 carbamates, thiocarbamates, and phenylureas,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 75, no. 16, pp. 4103–4112, 2003.
- G. Özhan, S. Topuz, and B. Alpertunga, “A simple method for the determination of carbaryl and 1-naphthol in fruit juices by high-performance liquid chromatography-diode-array detection,” Journal of Food Protection, vol. 66, no. 8, pp. 1510–1513, 2003.
- G. S. Nunes, M. P. Marco, M. L. Ribeiro, and D. Barceló, “Validation of an immunoassay method for the determination of traces of carbaryl in vegetable and fruit extracts by liquid chromatography with photodiode array and mass spectrometric detection,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 823, no. 1-2, pp. 109–120, 1998.
- K. A. Massey, D. L. Van Engelen, and I. M. Warner, “Determination of carbaryl as its primary metabolite, 1-naphthol, by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorometric detection,” Talanta, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 1457–1463, 1995.
- S. J. Lehotay, A. R. Lightfield, J. A. Harman-Fetcho, and D. J. Donoghue, “Analysis of pesticide residues in eggs by direct sample introduction/gas chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 4589–4596, 2001.
- M. J. Santos Delgado, S. Rubio Barroso, G. Toledano Fernández-Tostado, and L. M. Polo-Díez, “Stability studies of carbamate pesticides and analysis by gas chromatography with flame ionization and nitrogen-phosphorus detection,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 921, no. 2, pp. 287–296, 2001.
- A. Segura Carretero, C. Cruces-Blanco, S. Cortacero Ramírez, A. Carrasco Pancorbo, and A. Fernández Gutiérrez, “Application of micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography to the analysis of uncharged pesticides of environmental impact,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 52, no. 19, pp. 5791–5795, 2004.
- Y. S. Wu, H. K. Lee, and S. F. Y. Li, “Separation and determination of pesticides by capillary electrophoresis. I. Rapid separation of fifteen n-methylcarbamate insecticides via micellar electrokinetic chromatography,” Journal of Microcolumn Separations, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 239–247, 1998.
- M. Bedair and Z. El Rassi, “Capillary electrochromatography with monolithic stationary phases: 1. Preparation of sulfonated stearyl acrylate monoliths and their electrochromatographic characterization with neutral and charged solutes,” Electrophoresis, vol. 23, no. 17, pp. 2938–2948, 2002.
- K. S. Kumar, K. Suvardhan, and P. Chiranjeevi, “Preparation of reagents for the sensitive spectrophotometric determination of carbaryl in environmental samples,” Analytical Letters, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 697–709, 2005.
- D. C. Portela, I. M. F. Pereira, P. Paíga, C. Delerue-Matos, and M. C. V. F. Vaz, “Amperometric and spectrophotometric determination of carbaryl in natural waters and commercial formulations,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 377, no. 2, pp. 356–361, 2003.
- Y. Daghbouche, S. Garrigues, and M. De La Guardia, “Solid phase preconcentration-Fourier transform infrared spectrometric determination of carbaryl and 1-naphthol,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 314, no. 3, pp. 203–212, 1995.
- B. M. Brena, L. Arellano, C. Rufo et al., “ELISA as an affordable methodology for monitoring groundwater contamination by pesticides in low-income countries,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 3896–3903, 2005.
- M. P. Marco, S. Chiron, J. Gascón, B. D. Hammock, and D. Barceló, “Validation of two immunoassay methods for environmental monitoring of carbaryl and 1-naphthol in ground water samples,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 311, no. 3, pp. 319–329, 1995.
- J. Esteve-Romero, S. Carda-Broch, M. Gil-Agustí, M. E. Capella-Peiró, and D. Bose, “Micellar liquid chromatography for the determination of drug materials in pharmaceutical preparations and biological samples,” Trends in Analytical Chemistry, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 75–91, 2005.
- M. Gil-Agustí, L. Alvarez-Rodríguez, L. Monferrer-Pons, D. Bose, A. Durgbanshi, and J. Esteve-Romero, “Chromatographic determination of carbaryl and other carbamates in formulations and water using Brij-35,” Analytical Letters, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 1721–1734, 2002.
- A. Berthod and M. C. García-Álvarez-Coque, Micellar Liquid Chromatography, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- J. R. Torres-Lapasió, Michrom Software, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- ICH Harmonised Tripartite Guideline, “Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology Q2 (R1),” 2005, http://www.ich.org/products/guidelines/quality/quality-single/article/validation-of-analytical-procedures-text-and-methodology.html.