- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 850969, 7 pages
Development of a Novel Biosensor Using Cationic Antimicrobial Peptide and Nickel Phthalocyanine Ultrathin Films for Electrochemical Detection of Dopamine
1Instituto Federal de Educação, Ciência e Tecnologia do Piauí (IFPI), Campus Parnaíba, 64210260 Parnaíba, PI, Brazil
2Biotec, Núcleo de Pesquisa em Biodiversidade e Biotecnologia, Universidade Federal do Piauí (UFPI), Campus Ministro Reis Velloso (CMRV), 64202020 Parnaíba, PI, Brazil
3Departamento de Química, Centro de Ciências da Natureza (CCN), Universidade Federal do Piauí (UFPI), 64049550 Teresina, PI, Brazil
4Grupo de Biofísica Molecular Sérgio Mascarenhas, Instituto de Física de São Carlos (IFSC), USP, 13560970 São Carlos, SP, Brazil
Received 5 September 2011; Accepted 3 October 2011
Academic Editor: Ricardo Vessecchi
Copyright © 2012 Maysa F. Zampa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Pumera, S. Sánchez, I. Ichinose, and J. Tang, “Electrochemical nanobiosensors,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 1195–1205, 2007.
- F. Gambinossi, P. Baglioni, and G. Caminati, “Hybrid LbL/LB films as molecular OLEDs: an acoustic shear wave attenuation and Brewster angle microscopy study,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 27, no. 5–8, pp. 1056–1060, 2007.
- Q. Sheng and J. Zheng, “Bienzyme system for the biocatalyzed deposition of polyaniline templated by multiwalled carbon nanotubes: a biosensor design,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1621–1628, 2009.
- G. Decher, J. D. Hong, and J. Schmitt, “Buildup of ultrathin multilayer films by a self-assembly process: III. Consecutively alternating adsorption of anionic and cationic polyelectrolytes on charged surfaces,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 210-211, no. 2, pp. 831–835, 1992.
- F. Caruso, H. Lichtenfeld, M. Giersig, and H. Mohwald, “Electrostatic self-assembly of silica nanoparticle-polyelectrolyte multilayers on polystyrene latex particles,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 120, no. 33, pp. 8523–8524, 1998.
- A. A. Mamedov, N. A. Kotov, M. Prato, D. M. Guldi, J. P. Wicksted, and A. Hirsch, “Molecular design of strong single-wall carbon nanotube/polyelectrolyte multilayer composites,” Nature Materials, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 190–194, 2002.
- H. Ding, X. Zhang, M. K. Ram, and C. Nicolini, “Ultrathin films of tetrasulfonated copper phthalocyanine-capped titanium dioxide nanoparticles: fabrication, characterization, and photovoltaic effect,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 290, no. 1, pp. 166–171, 2005.
- V. Zucolotto, M. Ferreira, M. R. Cordeiro, C. J. L. Constantino, W. C. Moreira, and O. N. Oliveira Jr., “Nanoscale processing of polyaniline and phthalocyanines for sensing applications,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 809–815, 2006.
- P. Bertoncello and M. Peruffo, “An investigation on the self-aggregation properties of sulfonated copper(II) phthalocyanine (CuTsPc) thin films,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 321, no. 1–3, pp. 106–112, 2008.
- K. A. Maguire-Zeiss, D. W. Short, and H. J. Federoff, “Synuclein, dopamine and oxidative stress: co-conspirators in Parkinson's disease?” Molecular Brain Research, vol. 134, no. 1, pp. 18–23, 2005.
- S. Arreguin, P. Nelson, S. Padway, M. Shirazi, and C. Pierpont, “Dopamine complexes of iron in the etiology and pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease,” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 87–93, 2009.
- S. M. Chen and W. Y. Chzo, “Simultaneous voltammetric detection of dopamine and ascorbic acid using didodecyldimethylammonium bromide (DDAB) film-modified electrodes,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 587, no. 2, pp. 226–234, 2006.
- M. Zhang, K. Gong, H. Zhang, and L. Mao, “Layer-by-layer assembled carbon nanotubes for selective determination of dopamine in the presence of ascorbic acid,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 1270–1276, 2005.
- J. Chen and C. S. Cha, “Detection of dopamine in the presence of a large excess of ascorbic acid by using the powder microelectrode technique,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 463, no. 1, pp. 93–99, 1999.
- P. C. Nien, P. Y. Chen, and K. C. Ho, “On the amperometric detection and electrocatalytic analysis of ascorbic acid and dopamine using a poly(acriflavine)-modified electrode,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 140, no. 1, pp. 58–64, 2009.
- P. Nicolas and C. El Amri, “The dermaseptin superfamily: a gene-based combinatorial library of antimicrobial peptides,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1788, no. 8, pp. 1537–1550, 2009.
- G. D. Brand, J. R. S. A. Leite, S. M. de Sá Mandel et al., “Novel dermaseptins from Phyllomedusa hypochondrialis (Amphibia),” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 347, no. 3, pp. 739–746, 2006.
- G. D. Brand, J. R. S. A. Leite, L. P. Silva et al., “Dermaseptins from Phyllomedusa oreades and Phyllomedusa distincta: anti-trypanosoma cruzi activity without cytotoxicity to mammalian cells,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 277, no. 51, pp. 49332–49340, 2002.
- L. Rivas, J. R. Luque-Ortega, and D. Andreu, “Amphibian antimicrobial peptides and Protozoa: lessons from parasites,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1788, no. 8, pp. 1570–1581, 2009.
- M. F. Zampa, I. M. S. Araújo, V. Costa et al., “Leishmanicidal activity and immobilization of dermaseptin 01 antimicrobial peptides in ultrathin films for nanomedicine applications,” Nanomedicine, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 352–358, 2009.
- F. Lanças, Validação de Métodos Cromatográficos de Análise, Rima, São Carlos, Brazil, 2004.
- J. T. S. Irvine, B. R. Eggins, and J. Grimshaw, “The cyclic voltammetry of some sulphonated transition metal phthalocyanines in dimethylsulphoxide and in water,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 271, no. 1-2, pp. 161–172, 1989.
- C. C. Leznoff and A. B. P. Lever, Phthalocyanines Properties and Applications, vol. 1–4, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- F. N. Crespilho, V. Zucolotto, O. N. Oliveira Jr., and F. C. Nart, “Electrochemistry of layer-by-layer films: a review,” International Journal of Electrochemical Science, vol. 1, pp. 194–214, 2006.
- J. R. Siqueira, L. H. S. Gasparotto, F. N. Crespilho, A. J. F. Carvalho, V. Zucolotto, and O. N. Oliveira Jr., “Physicochemical properties and sensing ability of metallophthalocyanines/ chitosan nanocomposites,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 45, pp. 22690–22694, 2006.
- A. C. Santos, V. Zucolotto, C. J. L. Constantino, H. N. Cunha, J. R. Dos Santos, and C. Eiras, “Electroactive LbL films of metallic phthalocyanines and poly(0-methoxyaniline) for sensing,” Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 1505–1510, 2007.
- C. Eiras, A. C. Santos, M. F. Zampa et al., “Natural polysaccharides as active biomaterials in nanostructured films for sensing,” Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1533–1543, 2010.
- M. F. Zampa, A. C. F. de Brito, I. L. Kitagawa et al., “Natural gum-assisted phthalocyanine immobilization in electroactive nanocomposites: physicochemical characterization and sensing applications,” Biomacromolecules, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 3408–3413, 2007.