- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 923208, 10 pages
Multilayer Films Electrodes Consisted of Cashew Gum and Polyaniline Assembled by the Layer-by-Layer Technique: Electrochemical Characterization and Its Use for Dopamine Determination
1Departamento de Química, Centro de Ciências da Natureza (CCN), Universidade Federal do Piauí (UFPI), 64049550 Teresina, PI, Brazil
2DB, Universidade Federal do Piauí (UFPI), Campus Senador Helvídio Nunes de Barros (CSHNB), 64600000 Picos, PI, Brazil
3SEDIS, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN), Caixa Postal 1524, Campus Universitário Lagoa Nova, 59072970 Natal, RN, Brazil
4Nanomedicine and Nanotoxicology Laboratory, IFSC, University of São Paulo, São Carlos, SP, Brazil
5Núcleo de Pesquisa em Biodiversidade e Biotecnologia, BIOTEC, Campus Ministro Reis Velloso, CMRV, Universidade Federal do Piauí, UFPI, 64202020 Parnaíba, PI, Brazil
Received 1 October 2011; Revised 10 December 2011; Accepted 3 January 2012
Academic Editor: Ricardo Vessecchi
Copyright © 2012 Sergio Bitencourt Araújo Barros et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. N. Crespilho, V. Zucolotto, O. N. Oliveira Jr., and F. C. Nart, “Electrochemistry of layer-by-layer films: a review,” International Journal of Electrochemical Science, vol. 1, pp. 194–214, 2006.
- K. Fujimto, J. H. Kim, K. Ohmori, A. Ono, and S. Shiratori, “Flexible multilayer electrode films consisted of polyaniline and polyelectrolyte by layer-by-layer self-assembly,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 313-314, pp. 387–392, 2008.
- X. Zhang, H. Chen, and H. Zhang, “Layer-by-layer assembly: from conventional to unconventional methods,” Chemical Communications, no. 14, pp. 1395–1405, 2007.
- K. B. Blodgett, “Monomolecular films of fatty acids on glass,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 56, no. 2, p. 495, 1934.
- G. Decher, M. Eckle, J. Schmitt, and B. Struth, “Layer-by-layer assembled multicomposite films,” Current Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 32–39, 1998.
- D. A. Silva, R. C. M. de Paula, J. P. A. Feitosa, A. C. F. De Brito, J. S. Maciel, and H. C. B. Paula, “Carboxymethylation of cashew tree exudate polysaccharide,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 163–171, 2004.
- P. L. R. Da Cunha, R. C. M. de Paula, and J. P. A. Feitosa, “Polissacarídeos da biodiversidade brasileira: UMA oPortunidade de transformar conhecimento em valor econômico,” Química Nova, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 649–660, 2009.
- C. Eiras, I. N. G. Passos, A. C. F. De Brito et al., “Electroactive nanocomposites made of poly(o-methoxyaniline) and natural polysaccharides,” Química Nova, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 1158–1162, 2007.
- G. O. Aspinall, The Polysaccharides, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- A. Nussinovitch, Plant Gum Exudates of the World: Sources, Distribution, Properties, and Applications, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- C. G. Mothe and M. A. Rao, “Moths,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 9, pp. 357–358, 2000.
- R. C. M. de Paula and J. F. Rodrigues, “Composition and rheological properties of cashew tree gum, the exudate polysaccharide from Anacardium occidentale L,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 177–181, 1995.
- C. G. Mothe and D. Z. Correia, Revista Analytica, no. 2, pp. 59–64, 2002.
- R. C. M. de Paula, F. Heatley, and P. M. Budd, “Characterization of Anacardium occidentale exudate polysaccharide,” Polymer International, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 27–35, 1998.
- G. V. Schirato, F. M. F. Monteiro, F. O. Silva, J. L. L. Filho, A. M. A. C. Carneiro Leão, and A. L. F. Porto, “The polysaccharide from Anacardium occidentale L. in the inflammatory phase of the cutaneous wound healing,” Ciencia Rural, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 149–154, 2006.
- J. Laska and J. Widlarz, “One-step polymerization leading to conducting polyaniline,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 135, pp. 261–262, 2003.
- S. Bhadra, D. Khastgir, N. K. Singha, and J. H. Lee, “Progress in preparation, processing and applications of polyaniline,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 783–810, 2009.
- J. J. Langer, M. Filipiak, J. Kecinska, J. Jasnowska, J. Włodarczak, and B. Buładowski, “Polyaniline biosensor for choline determination,” Surface Science, vol. 573, no. 1, pp. 140–145, 2004.
- A. Mirmohseni and A. Oladegaragoze, “Anti-corrosive properties of polyaniline coating on iron,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 105–108, 2000.
- S. A. Chen and G. W. Hwang, “Water-soluble self-acid-doped conducting polyaniline: structure and properties,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 117, no. 40, pp. 10055–10062, 1995.
- Y. H. Geng, Z. C. Sun, J. Li, X. B. Jing, X. H. Wang, and F. S. Wang, “Water soluble polyaniline and its blend films prepared by aqueous solution casting,” Polymer, vol. 40, no. 20, pp. 5723–5727, 1999.
- S. M. O. Costa, J. F. Rodrigues, and R. C. M. de Paula, “Monitoração do processo de purificação de gomas naturais: goma do cajueiro,” Polimeros: Ciencia e Tecnologia, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 49–55, 1996.
- L. H. C. Mattoso, A. G. MacDiarmind, and A. J. Epstein, “Controlled synthesis of high molecular weight polyaniline and poly(-methoxyaniline),” Synthetic Metals, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 1994.
- E. S. Matveeva, C. F. Gimenez, and M. J. G. Tejera, “Charge transfer behaviour of the indium-tin oxide/polyaniline interface: dependence on pH and redox state of PANI,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 123, no. 1, pp. 117–123, 2001.
- W. S. Huang, B. D. Humphrey, and A. G. Macdiarmid, “Polyaniline, a novel conducting polymer. Morphology and chemistry of its oxidation and reduction in aqueous electrolytes,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions.1, vol. 82, no. 8, pp. 2385–2400, 1986.
- M. Raposo and O. N. Oliveira Jr., “Energies of adsorption of poly(o-methoxyaniline) layer-by-layer films,” Langmuir, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 2839–2844, 2000.
- M. F. Zampa, A. C. F. de Brito, I. L. Kitagawa et al., “Natural gum-assisted phthalocyanine immobilization in electroactive nanocomposites: physicochemical characterization and sensing applications,” Biomacromolecules, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 3408–3413, 2007.
- J. R. Siqueira Jr., L. H. S. Gasparotto, O. N. Oliveira Jr., and V. Zucolotto, “Processing of electroactive nanostructured films incorporating carbon nanotubes and phthalocyanines for sensing,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 24, pp. 9050–9055, 2008.
- H. F. Cui, Y. H. Cui, Y. L. Sun, K. Zang, and W. D. Zhang, “Enhancement of dopamine sensing by layer-by-layer assembly of PVI-dmeOs and nafion on carbon nanotubes,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, pp. 215–601, 2010.
- S. A. Kumar and S. M. Chen, “Electrochemical, microscopic, and EQCM studies of cathodic electrodeposition of ZnO/FAD and anodic polymerization of FAD films modified electrodes and their electrocatalytic properties,” Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 993–1006, 2007.
- M. Ferreira, L. R. Dinelli, K. Wohnrath, A. A. Batista, and O. N. Oliveira Jr., “Langmuir-Blodgett films from polyaniline/ruthenium complexes as modified electrodes for detection of dopamine,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 446, no. 2, pp. 301–306, 2004.
- R. C. S. Luz, F. S. Damos, A. B. de Oliveira, J. Beck, and L. T. Kubota, “Development of a sensor based on tetracyanoethylenide (LiTCNE)/poly-l- lysine (PLL) for dopamine determination,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 2675–2683, 2005.
- W. S. Alencar, F. N. Crespilho, M. R. M. C. Santos, V. Zucolotto, O. N. Oliveira Jr., and W. C. J. Silva, “Influence of film architecture on the charge-transfer reactions of metallophthalocyanine layer-by-layer films,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, pp. 12817–12821, 2007.
- T. Łuczak, “Preparation and characterization of the dopamine film electrochemically deposited on a gold template and its applications for dopamine sensing in aqueous solution,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 53, no. 19, pp. 5725–5731, 2008.
- X. Q. Lin and L. Zhang, “Simultaneous determination of dopamine and ascorbic acid at glutamic acid modified graphite electrode,” Analytical Letters, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1585–1589, 2001.
- Analytical Methods Commitee, “Recommendations for the definition, estimation and use of the detection limit,” Analyst, vol. 112, pp. 199–204, 1987.
- A. J. Bard and L. R. Faulkner, Electrochemical Methods, Fundamentals and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2001.
- R. A. A. Muzzarelli, “Chitins and chitosans for the repair of wounded skin, nerve, cartilage and bone,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 167–182, 2009.
- T. Fujie, N. Matsutani, Y. Kinoshita, Y. Okamura, A. Saito, and S. Takeoka, “Adhesive, flexible, and robust polysaccharide nanosheets integrated for tissue-defect repair,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 19, no. 16, pp. 2560–2568, 2009.
- S. C. Davis and L. G. Ovington, “Electrical stimulation and ultrasound in wound healing,” Dermatologic Clinics, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 775–781, 1993.