- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 135613, 11 pages
Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry Method for Quantitation of Cremophor EL and Its Applications
Department of Pharmacy, Jagadishprasad Jhabermal Tibrewala University, Vidyanagari, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan 333001, India
Received 25 February 2013; Revised 12 April 2013; Accepted 24 April 2013
Academic Editor: Frantisek Foret
Copyright © 2013 V. Vijaya Bhaskar and Anil Middha. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. L. S. Tse and J. M. Jaffe, Preclinical Drug Disposition (Drugs and the Pharmaceutical Sciences), Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- L. K. Webster, D. M. Woodcock, D. Rischin, and M. J. Milliward, “Cremophor: pharmacological activity of an inert solubiliser,” Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, vol. 3, pp. 186–192, 1997.
- T. Meyer, D. Waidelich, and A. W. Frahm, “Polyoxyethylene-Δ9,11-didehydrostearate and glycerol-polyoxyethylene-Δ9,11-didehydrostearate: two new components of the non-ionic emulsifier Cremophor EL,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 263–271, 2002.
- A. Sparreboom, W. J. Loos, J. Verweij et al., “Quantitation of cremophor EL in human plasma samples using a colorimetric dye-binding microassay,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 255, no. 2, pp. 171–175, 1998.
- N. Authier, J. P. Gillet, J. Fialip, A. Eschalier, and F. Coudore, “Description of a short-term Taxol-induced nociceptive neuropathy in rats,” Brain Research, vol. 887, no. 2, pp. 239–249, 2000.
- A. J. Windebank, M. D. Blexrud, and P. C. De Groen, “Potential neurotoxicity of the solvent vehicle for cyclosporine,” Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, vol. 268, no. 2, pp. 1051–1056, 1994.
- S. H. Burstein, E. Friderichs, B. Kögel, J. Schneider, and N. Selve, “Analgesic effects of 1',1' dimethylheptyl-δ8-thc 11-oic acid (ct3) in mice,” Life Sciences, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 161–168, 1998.
- P. A. J. Janssen, C. J. E. Niemeggers, and J. G. H. Dony, “The inhibitory effect of fentanyl and other morphine-like analgesics on the warm water induced tail withdrawal reflex in rats,” Arzneimittel Forschung, vol. 13, pp. 502–507, 1963.
- P. Mounier, D. Laroche, F. Divanon et al., “Anaphylactoid reactions after intravenous infusion of a cremophor-containing solution of multivitamins,” Therapie, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 571–573, 1995.
- F. K. Zhao, L. F. Chuang, M. Israel, and R. Y. Chuang, “Cremophor EL, a widely used parenteral vehicle, is a potent inhibitor of protein kinase C,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 159, no. 3, pp. 1359–1367, 1989.
- A. M. Jack, N. E. Cameron, and M. A. Cotter, “Effects of the diacylglycerol complexing agent, cremophor, on nerve- conduction velocity and perfusion in diabetic rats,” Journal of Diabetes and its Complications, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 2–9, 1999.
- H. Gelderblom, J. Verweij, D. M. Van Zomeren et al., “Influence of cremophor EL on the bioavailability of intraperitoneal paclitaxel,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 1237–1241, 2002.
- E. Brouwer, J. Verweij, B. Hauns et al., “Linearized colorimetric assay for cremophor EL: application to pharmacokinetics after 1-hour paclitaxel infusions,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 261, no. 2, pp. 198–202, 1998.
- A. Sparreboom, O. Van Tellingen, M. T. Huizing, W. J. Nooijen, and J. H. Beijnen, “Determination of polyoxyethyleneglycerol triricinoleate 35 (Cremophor EL) in plasma by pre-column derivatization and reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 681, no. 2, pp. 355–362, 1996.
- F. M. Eiabbes, T. Dine, M. Luyckz et al., “Stability, compatibility and plasticizer extraction of miconazole injection added to infusion solutions and stored in PVC containers,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 13, pp. 1363–1372, 1995.
- M. T. Huizing, H. Rosing, F. P. Koopmans, and J. H. Beijnen, “Influence of Cremophor EL on the quantification of paclitaxel in plasma using high-performance liquid chromatography with solid-phase extraction as sample pretreatment,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 709, no. 1, pp. 161–165, 1998.
- M. Kunkel, J. Böhler, E. Keller, and A. W. Frahm, “Separation of Cremophor EL by capillary electrophoresis,” Pharmazie, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 109–121, 1997.
- M. Kunkel, J. Böhler, E. Keller, and A. W. Frahm, “Titrimetric determinations of Cremophor EL in biofluids,” Pharmazie, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 314–321, 1998.
- M. Kunkel, T. Meyer, J. Böhler, E. Keller, and A. W. Frahm, “Titrimetric determination of Cremophor EL in aqueous solutions and biofluids—Part 2: ruggedness of the method with respect to biofluids,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 911–922, 1999.
- T. Meyer, J. Böhler, and A. W. Frahm, “Determination of Cremophor EL in plasma after sample preparation with solid phase extraction and plasma protein precipitation,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 495–506, 2001.
- M. Carbini, R. Stevanato, M. Rovea, P. Traldi, and D. Favretto, “Curie-point pyrolysis-gas chromatography/mass spectrometry in the art field. 2-The characterization of proteinaceous binders,” Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, vol. 10, pp. 1240–1242, 1996.
- J. J. Boon, “Analytical pyrolysis mass spectrometry: new vistas opened by temperature-resolved in-source PYMS,” International Journal of Mass Spectrometry and Ion Processes, vol. 118-119, pp. 755–787, 1992.
- S. Neervannan, “Preclinical formulations for discovery and toxicology: physicochemical challenges,” Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism and Toxicology, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 715–731, 2006.
- P. Li and L. Zhao, “Developing early formulations: practice and perspective,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 341, no. 1-2, pp. 1–19, 2007.
- Y. Kwon, Pharmacokinetic Study Design and Data Interpretation, Kluwer Academic, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- “Agilent solutions guide,” Polymer and Hydrocarbon Processing Solutions with HPLC 5968-7020E, 1999.
- N. Andreas, W. V. V. Jan, M. A. H. Ron, and F. V. D. B. Oscar, “Detailed molecular characterization of castor oil ethoxylates by liquid chromatography multi stage mass spectrometry,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 1218, pp. 7166–7172, 2011.
- US Department of Health and Human Services, Guidance for Industry—Bioanalytical Method Validation, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Center for Veterinary Medicine, 2001.