- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 137279, 11 pages
Two Validated Spectrofluorometric Methods for Determination of Gemifloxacin Mesylate in Tablets and Human Plasma
1Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut 71526, Egypt
2Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Najran University, P.O. Box 1988, Najran 61441, Saudi Arabia
Received 12 February 2013; Revised 16 April 2013; Accepted 16 April 2013
Academic Editor: Hian Kee Lee
Copyright © 2013 Noha N. Atia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. I. Oh, K. S. Paek, M. J. Ahn et al., “In vitro and in vivo evaluations of LB20304, a new fluoronaphthyridone,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1564–1568, 1996.
- A. Schulte and P. Heisig, “In vitro activity of gemifloxacin and five other fluoroquinolones against defined isogenic mutants of Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus,” Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 1037–1038, 2000.
- L. D. Saravolatz and J. Leggett, “Gatifloxacin, gemifloxacin, and moxifloxacin: the role of 3 newer fluoroquinolones,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 1210–1215, 2003.
- M. V. Krishna and D. G. Sankar, “Utility of σ and π-acceptors for the spectrophotometric determination of gemifloxacin mesylate in pharmaceutical formulations,” E-Journal of Chemistry, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 493–498, 2008.
- M. V. Krishna and D. G. Sankar, “Spectrophotometric determination of gemifloxacin mesylate in pharmaceutical formulations through ion-pair complex formation,” E-Journal of Chemistry, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 515–520, 2008.
- A. A. Elbashir, B. Saad, A. S. M. Ali, K. M. M. Al-Azzam, and H. Y. Aboul-Enein, “Validated stability indicating assay of gemifloxacin and lomefloxacin in tablet formulations by capillary electrophoresis,” Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1465–1477, 2008.
- E. Doyle, S. E. Fowles, D. F. McDonnell, R. McCarthy, and S. A. White, “Rapid determination of gemifloxacin in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 746, no. 2, pp. 191–198, 2000.
- B. M. H. Al-Hadiya, A. A. Khady, and G. A. E. Mostafa, “Validated liquid chromatographic-fluorescence method for the quantitation of gemifloxacin in human plasma,” Talanta, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 110–116, 2010.
- A. R. Rote and S. P. Pingle, “Reverse phase-HPLC and HPTLC methods for determination of gemifloxacin mesylate in human plasma,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 877, no. 29, pp. 3719–3723, 2009.
- N. F. Youssef and L. I. Bebawy, “Spectrofluorimetric methods for the determination of gemifloxacin mesylate and cefamandole nafate in bulk powder and pharmaceutical preparations,” Bulletin of the Faculty of Pharmacy, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 215–227, 2006.
- S. K. Tekkeli and A. Önal, “Spectrofluorimetric methods for the determination of gemifloxacin in tablets and spiked plasma samples,” Journal of Fluorescence, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1001–1007, 2011.
- M. Rizk, F. Belal, F. Ibrahim, S. Ahmed, and N. El-Enany, “Spectrofluorimetric analysis of certain 4-quinolone in pharmaceuticals and biological fluids,” Pharmaceutica Acta Helvetiae, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 371–377, 2000.
- J. L. Vílchez, J. Taoufiki, O. Ballesteros, and A. Navalón, “Micelle-enhanced spectrofluorimetric method for the determination of antibacterial trovafloxacin in human urine and serum,” Microchimica Acta, vol. 150, no. 3-4, pp. 247–252, 2005.
- J. A. Ocaña, F. J. Barragán, and M. Callejón, “Spectrofluorimetric and micelle-enhanced spectrofluorimetric determination of gatifloxacin in human urine and serum,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 327–332, 2005.
- J. A. O. González, M. Callejón Mochón, and F. J. B. De La Rosa, “Spectrofluorimetric determination of levofloxacin in tablets, human urine and serum,” Talanta, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1149–1156, 2000.
- Q. Wang, Z. Liu, H. Yuan, and R. Cai, “Micelle enhanced catalytic-fluorimetric determination of hemoglobin,” Chinese Journal of Analytical Chemistry, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 423–424, 2001.
- J. L. Manzoori and M. Amjadi, “Spectrofluorimetric and micelle-enhanced spectrofluorimetric methods for the determination of gemfibrozil in pharmaceutical preparations,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 507–513, 2003.
- J. Al-Zehouri, S. Al-Madi, and F. Belal, “Determination of the antiepileptics vigabatrin and gabapentin in dosage forms and biological fluids using Hantzsch reaction,” Arzneimittel-Forschung, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 97–103, 2001.
- S. M. Sabry, M. Abdel-Hady, M. Elsayed, O. T. Fahmy, and H. M. Maher, “Study of stability of methotrexate in acidic solution Spectrofluorimetric determination of methotrexate in pharmaceutical preparations through acid-catalyzed degradation reaction,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 409–423, 2003.
- C. Lee, X. Qiao, D. E. Goeger, and K. E. Anderson, “Fluorometric measurement of 5-aminolevulinic acid in serum,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 347, no. 1-2, pp. 183–188, 2004.
- Q. Peng and C. Jiang, “A new spectrofluorimetric method for determination of trace amounts 5-hydroxytryptamine in human urine and serum,” Journal of Fluorescence, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 339–343, 2007.
- Q. Peng, J. He, and C. Jiang, “A new spectrofluorimetric method for determination of trace amounts histamine in human urine and serum,” Luminescence, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 135–139, 2009.
- S. B. Wankhede, A. M. Mahajan, and S. S. Chitlange, “Simultaneous spectrophotometric estimation of gemifloxacin mesylate and ambroxol hydrochloride in tablets,” Der Pharma Chemica, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 269–273, 2011.
- D. Nagavalli, G. Abirami, and S. K. Kumar, “Validated HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of gemifloxacin mesylate and ambroxol hydrochloride in bulk and tablet dosage form,” Journal of Pharmacy Research, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 1701–1703, 2011.
- A. I. Vogel, G. H. Jeffery, and A. Israel, Vogel's Textbook of Quantitative Chemical Analysis, 1989.
- C. C. Wang, A. N. Masi, and L. Fernández, “On-line micellar-enhanced spectrofluorimetric determination of rhodamine dye in cosmetics,” Talanta, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 135–140, 2008.
- E. Pramauro and E. Pelezetti, Surfactants in Analytical Chemistry: Applications of Organized Amphiphilic Media, 1996.
- P. Paton-Morales and F. I. Talens-Alesson, “Effect of ionic strength and competitive adsorption of Na+ on the flocculation of lauryl sulfate micelles with Al3+,” Langmuir, vol. 17, no. 20, pp. 6059–6064, 2001.
- A. J. M. Valente, H. D. Burrows, R. F. Pereira, A. C. F. Ribeiro, J. L. G. C. Pereira, and V. M. M. Lobo, “Effect of europium(III) chloride on the aggregation behavior of sodium dodecyl sulfate,” Langmuir, vol. 22, no. 13, pp. 5625–5629, 2006.
- A. C. S. Neves, A. J. M. Valente, H. D. Burrows, A. C. F. Ribeiro, and V. M. M. Lobo, “Effect of terbium(III) chloride on the micellization properties of sodium decyl- and dodecyl-sulfate solutions,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 306, no. 1, pp. 166–174, 2007.
- L. Ohannesian and A. Streeter, Handbook of Pharmaceutical Analysis, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- L. Ohannesian and A. J. Streeter, Handbook of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Edited by M. Dekker, 2002.
- M. J. Rosen, Surfactants and Interfacial Phenomena, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- D. A. Skoog, D. M. west, F. J. Holler, and S. R. Crouch, Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry, Brooks Cole, Belmont, Calif, USA, 2004.
- R. Leung and D. O. Shah, “Dynamic properties of micellar solutions. I. Effects of short-chain alcohols and polymers on micellar stability,” Journal of Colloid And Interface Science, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 484–499, 1986.
- I. C. H. Guideline, Q2(R1) Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology, 2005.
- A. Allen, E. Bygate, S. Oliver et al., “Pharmacokinetics and tolerability of gemifloxacin (SB-265805) after administration of single oral doses to healthy volunteers,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1604–1608, 2000.
- N. Hobara, H. Kameya, N. Hokama, S. Ohshiro, and M. Sakanashi, “Rapid and simple determination of fleroxacin in rat plasma using a solid-phase extraction column,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 703, no. 1-2, pp. 279–283, 1997.