- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 419716, 8 pages
Investigation of Luminescence Characteristics of Osmium(II) Complexes in the Presence of Heparin Polyanions
Department of Chemistry, St. John's University, Queens, NY 11439, USA
Received 27 February 2013; Revised 2 June 2013; Accepted 4 June 2013
Academic Editor: John P. Hart
Copyright © 2013 Yixi Xie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Cox and D. Nelson, Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry, Freeman, 4th edition, 2004.
- B. Casu, “Structure of heparin and heparin fragments,” in Heparin and Related Polysaccharides, Structure and Activities, F. A. Ofosu, I. Danishefsky, and J. Hirsh, Eds., p. 556, The New York Academy of Sciences, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- J. Hirsh, “Heparin induced bleeding,” Nouvelle Revue Française d'Hématologie, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 261–266, 1984.
- R. J. Linhardt and N. S. Gunay, “Production and chemical processing of low molecular weight heparins,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 25, supplement 3, pp. 5–16, 1999.
- I. Bjork and U. Lindahl, “Mechanism of the anticoagulant action of heparin,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 161–182, 1982.
- L. B. Jaques, “Heparins—anionic polyelectrolyte drugs,” Pharmacological Reviews, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 99–166, 1979.
- B. S. Bull, W. M. Huse, F. S. Brauer, and R. A. Korpman, “Heparin therapy during extracorporeal circulation. II. The use of a dose response curve to individualize heparin and protamine dosage,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 69, no. 5, pp. 685–689, 1975.
- J. C. van Kerkhof, P. Bergveld, and R. B. M. Schasfoort, “The ISFET based heparin sensor with a monolayer of protamine as affinity ligand,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 10, no. 3-4, pp. 269–282, 1995.
- S. C. Ma, V. C. Yang, B. Fu, and M. E. Meyerhoff, “Electrochemical sensor for heparin: further characterization and bioanalytical applications,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 65, no. 15, pp. 2078–2084, 1993.
- M. E. Meyerhoff, V. C. Yang, J. A. Wahr, et al., “Potentiometric polyion sensors: new measurement technology for monitoring blood heparin concentrations during open heart surgery,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1355–1356, 1995.
- E. Wang, M. E. Meyerhoff, and V. C. Yang, “Optical detection of macromolecular heparin via selective coextraction into thin polymeric films,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 522–527, 1995.
- E. Wang, G. Wang, L. Ma, C. M. Stivanello, S. Lam, and H. Patel, “Optical films for protamine detection with lipophilic dichlorofluorescein derivatives,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 334, no. 1-2, pp. 139–147, 1996.
- J. Li, J. Liu, X. Zhu, Q. Peng, and C. Jiang, Lumi, vol. 113, p. 305, 2005.
- W. Wei, H. Wang, and C. Jiang, “Spectrofluorimetric determination of trace heparin using lomefloxacin-terbium probe,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 241–246, 2006.
- B. K. Jena and C. R. Raj, “Optical sensing of biomedically important polyionic drugs using nano-sized gold particles,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 1285–1290, 2008.
- J. R. Lakowicz, Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- P. Menhaji, [M.S. thesis], Saint John's University, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- C. Leung, [M.S. thesis], St. John's University, New York, NY, USA, 2010.