- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 501856, 4 pages
Natural Radioactivity in Soil and Water from Likuyu Village in the Neighborhood of Mkuju Uranium Deposit
Department of Physics, University of Dar es Salaam, P.O. Box 35063, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Received 28 February 2013; Accepted 9 May 2013
Academic Editor: Xiaolin Hou
Copyright © 2013 Najat K. Mohammed and Mohamed S. Mazunga. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. Oyedele, “Assessment of the natural radioactivity in the soils of Windhoek city, Namibia, Southern Africa,” Radiation Protection Dosimetry, vol. 121, no. 3, pp. 337–340, 2006.
- N. Rabesiranana, M. Rasolonirina, F. Terina, A. F. Solonjara, and R. Andriambololona, “Top soil radioactivity assessment in a high natural radiation background area: the case of Vinaninkarena, Antsirabe-Madagascar,” Applied Radiation and Isotopes, vol. 66, no. 11, pp. 1619–1622, 2008.
- N. Enkhbat, N. Norov, B. Bat-Erdene, G. Khuukhenkhuu, and B. Otgooloi, “Study of natural background radiation around gurvanbulag uranium deposit area,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Ulaanbaatar Conference on Nuclear Physics and Applications (UBC '08), pp. 144–147, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, September 2008.
- S. J. Sartandel, S. K. Jha, S. V. Bara, R. M. Tripathi, and V. D. Puranik, “Spatial distribution of uranium and thorium in the surface soil around proposed uranium mining site at Lambapur and its vertical profile in the Nagarjuna Sagar Dam,” Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, vol. 100, no. 10, pp. 831–834, 2009.
- E. I. S. Mantra, “Mantra Tanzania Limited Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Uranium Mining Project at Mkuju River Project, Namtumbo,” Volume 1, Final Report, March 2010.
- O. S. Ajayi, “Measurement of activity concentrations of 40K, 226Ra and 232Th for assessment of radiation hazards from soils of the southwestern region of Nigeria,” Radiation and Environmental Biophysics, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 323–332, 2009.
- IAEA, Radioactive Fallout in Food and Agriculture IAEA-TECDOC-494, IAEA, Vienna, Austria, 1989.
- B. Holynsca and J. A. Jasion, “Simultaneous determination of some trace metals in plant material by EDXRF,” Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, vol. 105, no. 2, 1986.
- R. T. Newman, R. Lindsay, K. P. Maphoto et al., “Determination of soil, sand and ore primordial radionuclide concentrations by full-spectrum analyses of high-purity germanium detector spectra,” Applied Radiation and Isotopes, vol. 66, no. 6-7, pp. 855–859, 2008.
- M. Tzortzis, H. Tsertos, S. Christofides, and G. Christodoulides, “Gamma-ray measurements of naturally occurring radioactive samples from Cyprus characteristic geological rocks,” Radiation Measurements, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 221–229, 2003.
- United Nations Scientific Committee on Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) Sources and effects of ionizing radiation, Annex A&B, New York, 2000.
- A. Faanu, J. H. Ephraim, and E. O. Darko, “Assessment of public exposure to naturally occurring radioactive materials from mining and mineral processing activities of Tarkwa Goldmine in Ghana,” Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, vol. 180, no. 1–4, pp. 15–29, 2011.
- A. M. El Arabi, N. K. Ahmed, and K. Salahel Din, “Natural radionuclides and dose estimation in natural water resources from Elba protective area, Egypt,” Radiation Protection Dosimetry, vol. 121, no. 3, pp. 284–292, 2006.