- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 697651, 9 pages
Titrimetric and Spectrophotometric Methods for the Assay of Ketotifen Using Cerium(IV) and Two Reagents
Department of Chemistry, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore, Karnataka 570006, India
Received 22 February 2013; Revised 15 May 2013; Accepted 29 May 2013
Academic Editor: Jan Åke Jönsson
Copyright © 2013 Madihalli Srinivas Raghu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. C. Sweetman, Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference, Pharmaceutical Press, London, UK, 2005.
- F. Q. Alali, B. M. Tashtoush, and N. M. Naji, “Determination of ketotifen in human plasma by LC-MS,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 87–94, 2004.
- C. Dollery, Therapeutic Drugs, vol. 2 of pp. K25–K28, Churchill Livingstone, London, UK, 2nd edition, 1999.
- M. A. Abounassif, H. A. El-Obeid, and E. A. Gadkariem, “Stability studies on some benzocycloheptane antihistaminic agents,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 1011–1018, 2005.
- G. L. Chen and H. Qu, “HPLC determination of ketotifen fumarate in compound metamizol sodium tablets,” Yaowu Fenxi Zazhi, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 123–125, 2003.
- I. P. Nnane, L. A. Damani, and A. J. Hutt, “Development and validation of stability indicating high-performance liquid chromatographic assays for ketotifen in aqueous and silicon oil formulations,” Chromatographia, vol. 48, no. 11-12, pp. 797–802, 1998.
- S. S. Zarapkar, N. J. Bhounsule, and U. P. Halkar, “High performance liquid chromatographic determination of ketotifen I hydrogen fumarate in pharmaceuticals,” Indian Drugs, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 365–366, 1992.
- G. Hoogewijs and D. L. Massart, “Development of a standardized analysis strategy for basic drugs, using ion-pair extraction and high-performance liquid chromatography—III. Analysis of pharmaceutical dosage forms,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 2, no. 3-4, pp. 449–463, 1984.
- S. Muralidharan, L. B. Han, Y. Ming, J. Lau, K. Sailishni, and S. Arumugam, “Simple and accurate estimation of ketotifen fumarate by RP-HPLC,” International Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 392–396, 2012.
- M. H. Semreen, “Optimization and validation of HPLC method for the analysis of ketotifen fumarate in a pharmaceutical formulation,” Bulletin of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Assiut University, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 291–296, 2005.
- N. M. Sanghavi, K. A. Puranik, and M. M. Samarth, “Analysis of ketotifen fumarate by high performance thin layer chromatography,” Indian Drugs, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 53–54, 1995.
- N. Kyung-Don, T. Sung-Kwon, P. Ji-Sun et al., “Bioequivalence assessment of Fumatifen tablet to Zaditen tablet (ketotifen fumarate 1 mg) by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Investigation, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 221–228, 2012.
- M. Zhou, Y. Li, Y. Ma, W. Wang, J. Mi, and H. Chen, “Determination of ketotifen fumarate by capillary electrophoresis with tris(2,2′-bipyridyl) ruthenium(II) electrochemiluminescence detection,” Luminescence, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 319–323, 2011.
- C. S. P. Sastry and P. Y. Naidu, “Spectrofluorimetric estimation of ketotifen and terfenadine in pharmaceutical formulations,” Indian Drugs, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 147–149, 1998.
- P. M. Bersier, W. Szczepaniak, and M. Ren, “Direct differential pulse polarographic and adsorptive stripping voltammetric assay of ketotifen in tablets,” Archiv der Pharmazie, vol. 325, no. 5, pp. 253–259, 1992.
- M. E. Mohamed and H. Y. Aboul-Enein, “Spectrophotometric and differential pulse polarographic methods of analysis for ketotifen hydrogen fumarate,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 733–746, 1986.
- W. Szczepaniak, T. Cychowska, and T. Przadka, “Spectrophotometric determination of ketotifen in pharmaceutical preparations after isolation on ion-exchanger.,” Acta poloniae pharmaceutica, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 3–5, 1992.
- H. Hopkała and J. Drozd, “Ion-selective electrodes for the determination of antihistaminic drug ketotifen,” Chemia Analityczna, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 603–609, 1999.
- E. Y. Z. Frag, G. G. Mohamed, Gehad, M. M. Khalil, and M. A. Hwehy, “Potentiometric determination of ketotifen fumarate in pharmaceutical preparations and urine using carbon paste and PVC membrane selective electrodes,” International Journal of Analytical Chemistrypages, vol. 2011, Article ID 604741, 7 pages, 2011.
- L. J. Li, W. Y. Gao, D. C. Hu, Z. Cai, and Y. Q. Li, “Electrochemiluminescence method for determination of ketotifen fumarate on glassy carbon electrode modified with platinum-multi-walled carbon nanotube modified electrode,” Fenxi Ceshi Xuebao, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1114–1120, 2010.
- N. Fei and L. Jiuru, “Determination of ketotifen by using calcein as chemiluminescence reagent,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 592, no. 2, pp. 168–172, 2007.
- S. H. He, K. J. Tian, S. Q. Zhang, and W. Y. Yu, “Determination of ketotifen fumarate based on the chemiluminescence reaction of luminol with ferricyanide,” Fenxi Ceshi Xuebao, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 98–99, 2005.
- W. Ciesilski, R. Zakrzewski, and U. Złobińska, “Coulometric titration of ketotifen in tablets,” Pharmazie, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 237–238, 2005.
- N. El-Kousy and L. I. Bebawy, “Determination of some antihistaminic drugs by atomic absorption spectrometry and colorimetric methods,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 671–679, 1999.
- C. S. P. Sastry and P. Y. Naidu, “Spectrophotometric estimation of ketotifen fumarate in pharmaceutical formulations,” Mikrochimica Acta, vol. 127, no. 3-4, pp. 219–223, 1997.
- R. T. Sane, N. L. Chonkar, S. R. Surve, M. G. Gangrade, and V. V. Bapat, “Extractive colorimetrics estimation of (i) ticlopidine hydrochloride, (ii) buspirone hydrochloride, (iii) nefopam hydrochloride and (iv) ketotifen fumarate from pharmaceutical preparations,” Indian Drugs, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 235–239, 1993.
- M. Amanlou, M. H. Hoseinzadeh, H. Azizian, E. Souri, and H. Farsam, “Determination of Ketotifen fumarate in raw material and pharmaceutical products using ion-pair formation,” Analytical Letters, vol. 40, no. 16–18, pp. 3267–3279, 2007.
- J. Vachek, “Photometric determination of Ketotifen,” Cesko-Slovenska Farmacie, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 168–169, 1987.
- O. Z. Devi, K. Basavaiah, H. D. Revanasiddappa, and K. B. Vinay, “Titrimetric and spectrophotometric assay of pantoprazole in pharmaceuticals using cerium(IV) sulphate as oxidimetric agent,” Journal of Analytical Chemistry, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 490–495, 2011.
- N. Rajendraprasad, K. Basavaiah, K. Tharpa, and K. B. Vinay, “Quantitative determination of olanzapine in tablets with visible spectrophotometry using cerium(IV)sulphate and based on redox and complexation Reactions,” Eurasian Journal of Analytical Chemistry, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 191–203, 2009.
- N. Rajendraprasad and K. Basavaiah, “Highly sensitive spectrophotometric determination of olanzapine using cerium(IV) and iron(II) complexes of 1,10-phenanthroline and 2,2'-bipyridyl,” Journal of Analytical Chemistry, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 482–488, 2010.
- K. Basavaiah, K. Tharpa, N. Rajendraprasad, S. G. Hiriyanna, and K. B. Vinay, “Sensitive cerimetric assay of olanzapine in pharmaceuticals,” Biomedical Journal, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 159–175, 2009.
- M. S. Raghu and K. Basavaiah, “Simple, sensitive and eco-friendly methods for the determination of methdilazine in tablets and syrup using cerium (IV),” Chemical Sciences Journal, vol. 2012, article CSJ-68, 2012.
- A. I. Vogel, A Text-Book of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis, The English Language Book Edition Society, London, UK, 3rd edition, 1961.
- B. R. DasGupta and D. A. Boroff, “Quantitative spectrophotometric determination of hydrogen peroxide with para-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 40, no. 13, pp. 2060–2062, 1968.
- G. D. Christian, Text Book of Analytical Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, Singapore, 2007.
- “Validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology Q2 (R 1), complementary guideline on methodology,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Hormonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, ICH Harmonised Tripartite Guideline, London, UK, November 1996.
- British Pharmacopoeia: Volume I and II, Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, UK, 2009.