- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 978968, 6 pages
The Rate of Decolorization of a Radical Ion Reagent Was Used to Determine the Phenolic Content of Various Food Extracts
Solar Physics Corporation, P.O. Box 548, Locust Valley, NY 11560, USA
Received 19 June 2013; Revised 8 August 2013; Accepted 26 August 2013
Academic Editor: M. A. Raggi
Copyright © 2013 Arthur Bradley. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Scalbert, I. T. Johnson, and M. Saltmarsh, “Polyphenols: antioxidants and beyond,” The American journal of clinical nutrition, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 2155–2175, 2005.
- J. Lee, N. Koo, and D. B. Min, “Reactive oxygen species, aging, and antioxidative nutraceuticals,” Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 21–37, 2004.
- J.-K. Moon and T. Shibamoto, “Antioxidant assays for plant and food components,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 1655–1666, 2009.
- L. Leo, A. Leone, C. Longo, D. A. Lombardi, F. Raimo, and G. Zacheo, “Antioxidant compounds and antioxidant activity in early potatoes,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 4154–4163, 2008.
- B. Łata and K. Tomala, “Apple peel as a contributor to whole fruit quantity of potentially healthful bioactive compounds. Cultivar and year implication,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 55, no. 26, pp. 10795–10802, 2007.
- J. A. Joseph, D. A. Nadeau, and A. Underwood, Color Code, Hyperion, NYC, 2002.
- D. Jimenez-Alvarez, F. Giuffrida, F. Vanrobaeys et al., “High-throughput methods to assess lipophilic and hydrophilic antioxidant capacity of food extracts in vitro,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 3470–3477, 2008.
- J. A. Manthey and P.-V. Penelope, “Total phenols, in vitro antioxidant capacity, and phenolic profiles of five varieties of mango,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 22, pp. 10825–10830, 2009.
- A. Solomon, S. Golubowicz, Z. Yablowicz et al., “Antioxidant activities and anthocyanin content of fresh fruits of common fig,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 54, no. 20, pp. 7717–7723, 2006.
- X. Wu, L. Gu, J. Holden et al., “Development of a database for total antioxidant capacity in foods: a preliminary study,” Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, vol. 17, no. 3-4, pp. 407–422, 2004.
- Z. Xie, W. Liu, H. Huang et al., “Chemical composition of five commercial gynostemma pentaphyllum samples and their radical scavenging, antiproliferative, and anti-inflammatory properties,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 58, no. 21, pp. 11243–11249, 2010.
- R. B. Walker and J. D. Everette, “Comparative reaction rates of various antioxidants with ABTS radical cation,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 1156–1161, 2009.
- H. J. Barton, “Standardization of methods for the estimation of total antioxidant activity by the use of extrapolation to zero sample concentration. A novel standard. 1. ABTS cation radical scavenging,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 58, no. 16, pp. 8918–8926, 2010.
- T. S. Ballard, P. Mallikarjunan, K. Zhou, and S. F. O'keefe, “Optimizing the extraction of phenolic antioxidants from peanut skins using response surface methodology,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 3064–3072, 2009.
- T. Tsujita, M. Yamada, T. Takaku, T. Shintani, K. Teramoto, and T. Sato, “Purification and characterization of polyphenols from chestnut astringent skin,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 59, no. 16, pp. 8646–8654, 2011.