- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 251426, 13 pages
Protein Tau: Prime Cause of Synaptic and Neuronal Degeneration in Alzheimer's Disease
Experimental Genetics Group (LEGTEGG), Department of Human Genetics, KU Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg ON1-06.602, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Received 14 February 2012; Accepted 16 March 2012
Academic Editor: Rakez Kayed
Copyright © 2012 Natalia Crespo-Biel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Clara Theunis, Natalia Crespo-Biel, Valerie Gafner, Maria Pihlgren, Maria Pilar Lopez-Deber, Pedro Reis, David T. Hickman, Oskar Adolfsson, Nathalie Chuard, Dorin Mlaki Ndao, Peter Borghgraef, Herman Devijver, Fred Van Leuven, Andrea Pfeifer, and Andreas Muhs, “Efficacy and Safety of A Liposome-Based Vaccine against Protein Tau, Assessed in Tau.P301L Mice That Model Tauopathy,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013.
- Qiu-Yan Liu, Jin-Tai Yu, Dan Miao, Xiao-Ying Ma, Hui-Fu Wang, Wei Wang, and Lan Tan, “An exploratory study on STX6, MOBP, MAPT, and EIF2AK3 and late-onset Alzheimer's disease,” Neurobiology of Aging, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 1519.e13–1519.e17, 2013.
- Wenjia Lai, Jing Wu, Xiao Zou, Jian Xie, Liwei Zhang, Xuyang Zhao, Minzhi Zhao, Qingsong Wang, and Jianguo Ji, “Secretome Analyses of A beta(1-42) Stimulated Hippocampal Astrocytes Reveal that CXCL10 is Involved in Astrocyte Migration,” Journal Of Proteome Research, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 832–843, 2013.
- Pu Fang, Wenyuan Xu, Chengsi Wu, Min Zhu, Xiaobing Li, and Daojun Hong, “MAPT as a predisposing gene for sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in the Chinese Han population,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 8, no. 33, pp. 3116–3123, 2013.
- Manjinder Singh, Maninder Kaur, Hitesh Kukreja, Rajan Chugh, Om Silakari, and Dhandeep Singh, “Acetylcholinestrase Inhibitors as Alzheimer Therapy: From Nerve Toxins to Neuroprotection,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2013.
- Wolfgang Froestl, Andrea Pfeifer, and Andreas Muhs, “Cognitive Enhancers (Nootropics). Part 3: Drugs Interacting with Targets other than Receptors or Enzymes. Disease-modifying Drugs,” Journal Of Alzheimers Disease, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 1–114, 2013.
- Benoît Leclerc, and Abedelnasser Abulrob, “Perspectives in Molecular Imaging Using Staging Biomarkers and Immunotherapies in Alzheimer’s Disease,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2013, pp. 1–16, 2013.
- Pradip K. Kamat, Chandishwar Nath, and Shivika Rai, “Okadaic acid induced neurotoxicity: An emerging tool to study Alzheimer's disease pathology,” Neurotoxicology, vol. 37, pp. 163–172, 2013.
- Bruno Bulic, Marcus Pickhardt, and Eckhard Mandelkow, “Progress and Developments in Tau Aggregation Inhibitors for Alzheimer Disease,” Journal Of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 4135–4155, 2013.
- Natalia Crespo-Biel, Clara Theunis, Peter Borghgraef, Benoit Lechat, Herman Devijver, Herve Maurin, and Fred Van Leuven, “Phosphorylation of protein Tau by GSK3 beta prolongs survival of bigenic Tau.P301L x GSK3 beta mice by delaying brainstem tauopathy,” Neurobiology of Disease, vol. 67, pp. 119–132, 2014.
- Mansour Akbari, Guido Keijzers, Scott Maynard, Morten Scheibye-Knudsen, Claus Desler, Ian D. Hickson, and Vilhelm A. Bohr, “Overexpression of DNA ligase III in mitochondria protects cells against oxidative stress and improves mitochondrial DNA base excision repair,” Dna Repair, vol. 16, pp. 44–53, 2014.
- Hervé Maurin, Benoit Lechat, Peter Borghgraef, Herman Devijver, Tomasz Jaworski, and Fred Van Leuven, “Terminal hypothermic Tau.P301L mice have increased Tau phosphorylation independently of glycogen synthase kinase 3α/β,” European Journal of Neuroscience, 2014.
- Herve Maurin, Seon-Ah Chong, Igor Kraev, Heather Davies, Anna Kremer, Claire Marie Seymour, Benoit Lechat, Tomasz Jaworski, Peter Borghgraef, Herman Devijver, Geert Callewaert, Michael G. Stewart, and Fred Van Leuven, “Early Structural and Functional Defects in Synapses and Myelinated Axons in Stratum Lacunosum Moleculare in Two Preclinical Models for Tauopathy,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.