- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 493670, 8 pages
Tau and Caspase 3 as Targets for Neuroprotection
The Adams Super Center for Brain Studies, The Lily and Avraham Gildor Chair for The Investigation of Growth Factors, The Elton Laboratory for Molecular Neuroendocrinology, and Department of Human Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, Sagol School of Neuroscience, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, 69978 Tel Aviv, Israel
Received 27 February 2012; Accepted 1 April 2012
Academic Editor: Hanna Rosenmann
Copyright © 2012 Anat Idan-Feldman et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yan Jouroukhin, Regina Ostritsky, and Illana Gozes, “D-NAP Prophylactic Treatment in the SOD Mutant Mouse Model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: Review of Discovery and Treatment of Tauopathy,” Journal of Molecular Neuroscience, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 597–602, 2012.
- Saar Oz, Yanina Ivashko-Pachima, and Illana Gozes, “The ADNP Derived Peptide, NAP Modulates the Tubulin Pool: Implication for Neurotrophic and Neuroprotective Activities,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 12, 2012.
- Illana Gozes, Yulie Schirer, Anat Idan-Feldman, Merav David, and Sharon Furman-Assaf, “NAP Alpha-Aminoisobutyric Acid (IsoNAP),” Journal of Molecular Neuroscience, 2013.
- Yan Jouroukhin, Regina Ostritsky, Yaniv Assaf, Galit Pelled, Eliezer Giladi, and Illana Gozes, “NAP (davunetide) modifies disease progression in a mouse model of severe neurodegeneration: Protection against impairments in axonal transport,” Neurobiology of Disease, vol. 56, pp. 79–94, 2013.
- Da-Wei Dong, Yu-Sheng Zhang, Wan-Yong Yang, Run-Qi Wang-Qin, An-Ding Xu, and Yi-Wen Ruan, “Hyperphosphorylation of tau protein in the ipsilateral thalamus after focal cortical infarction in rats,” Brain Research, 2013.
- Iddo Magen, and Illana Gozes, “Microtubule-stabilizing peptides and small molecules protecting axonal transport and brain function: Focus on davunetide (NAP),” Neuropeptides, 2013.
- Jing Sun, Yin-quan Fang, Hong Ren, Tao Chen, Jing-jing Guo, Jun Yan, Shu Song, Lu-yong Zhang, and Hong Liao, “WIN55,212-2 protects oligodendrocyte precursor cells in stroke penumbra following permanent focal cerebral ischemia in rats,” Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 119–128, 2013.
- Youssef Sari, Jason M. Weedman, and Maxwell Nkrumah-Abrokwah, “Neurotrophic peptides, ADNF-9 and NAP, prevent alcohol-induced apoptosis at midgestation in fetal brains of C57BL/6 Mouse,” Journal of Molecular Neuroscience, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 150–156, 2013.
- Soraya Scuderi, Velia D’Agata, Agata Grazia D’Amico, Alessandro Castorina, Concetta Federico, Giuseppina Marrazzo, Filippo Drago, and Claudio Bucolo, “Davunetide (NAP) Protects the Retina Against Early Diabetic Injury by Reducing Apoptotic Death,” Journal of Molecular Neuroscience, 2014.
- Illana Gozes, Tal Iram, Evgenia Maryanovsky, Carmit Arviv, Liora Rozenberg, Yulie Schirer, Eliezer Giladi, and Sharon Furman-Assaf, “Novel Tubulin and Tau Neuroprotective Fragments Sharing Structural Similarities with the Drug Candidate NAP (Davuentide),” Journal of Alzheimers Disease, vol. 40, pp. S23–S36, 2014.