- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 731526, 13 pages
Structure and Pathology of Tau Protein in Alzheimer Disease
1Laboratory of Biochemistry and Brain Pathophysiology and AD Center, Prague Psychiatric Center, Ústavní 91, 181 03 Prague 8, Czech Republic
2Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Ruská 87, 100 00 Prague 10, Czech Republic
3Department of Cell Biology, Center of Research and Advanced Studies, National Polytechnic Institute, Avenue Instituto Politecnico Nacional 2508, 07360 Mexico City, DF, Mexico
4Department of Neurology, Third Faculty of Medicine, Faculty Hospital Královské Vinohrady, Charles University in Prague, Šrobárova 50, 100 34 Prague 10, Czech Republic
Received 19 January 2012; Revised 28 March 2012; Accepted 29 March 2012
Academic Editor: David Blum
Copyright © 2012 Michala Kolarova et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ales Bartos, Lenka Fialova, Jana Svarcova, and Daniela Ripova, “Patients with Alzheimer disease have elevated intrathecal synthesis of antibodies against tau protein and heavy neurofilament,” Journal Of Neuroimmunology, vol. 252, no. 1-2, pp. 100–105, 2012.
- Sunmin Park, Da Sol Kim, Suna Kang, and Na Rang Moon, “β-Amyloid-induced cognitive dysfunction impairs glucose homeostasis by increasing insulin resistance and decreasing β-cell mass in non-diabetic and diabetic rats,” Metabolism, 2013.
- Jan Říčný, “Overlooked Alzheimer’s Smoking Gun?,” Neurochemical Research, 2013.
- Ramasamy Thangavel, Duraisamy Kempuraj, Deirdre Stolmeier, Poojya Anantharam, Mohammad Khan, and Asgar Zaheer, “Glia Maturation Factor Expression in Entorhinal Cortex of Alzheimer’s Disease Brain,” Neurochemical Research, 2013.
- Yancy Ferrer-Acosta, Eva N. Rodríguez-Cruz, François Orange, Hector De Jesús-Cortés, Bismark Madera, Jaime Vaquer-Alicea, Juan Ballester, Maxime J.-F. Guinel, George S. Bloom, and Irving E. Vega, “EFhd2 is a novel amyloid protein associated with pathological tau in Alzheimer's disease,” Journal of Neurochemistry, vol. 125, no. 6, pp. 921–931, 2013.
- Wolfgang Froestl, Andrea Pfeifer, and Andreas Muhs, “Cognitive Enhancers (Nootropics). Part 3: Drugs Interacting with Targets other than Receptors or Enzymes. Disease-modifying Drugs,” Journal Of Alzheimers Disease, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 1–114, 2013.
- Khushwant S. Bhullar, and H. P. Vasantha Rupasinghe, “Polyphenols: Multipotent Therapeutic Agents in Neurodegenerative Diseases,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–18, 2013.
- Bruno Bulic, Marcus Pickhardt, and Eckhard Mandelkow, “Progress and Developments in Tau Aggregation Inhibitors for Alzheimer Disease,” Journal Of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 4135–4155, 2013.
- Shraddha D. Rege, Thangiah Geetha, Gerald D. Griffin, Tom L. Broderick, and Jeganathan Ramesh Babu, “Neuroprotective effects of resveratrol in Alzheimer disease pathology,” Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, vol. 6, 2014.
- Tamás Vajda, and András Perczel, “Role of water in protein folding, oligomerization, amyloidosis and miniprotein,” Journal of Peptide Science, 2014.
- Fouad H. Darras, Sarah Wehle, Guozheng Huang, Christoph A. Sotriffer, and Michael Decker, “Amine substitution of quinazolinones leads to selective nanomolar AChE inhibitors with “inverted” binding mode,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 2014.
- Dante J. Marciani, “New Th2 adjuvants for preventive and active immunotherapy of neurodegenerative proteinopathies,” Drug Discovery Today, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 912–920, 2014.
- Min Xie, Shao-Hui Wang, Zhi-Min Lu, Ying Pan, and Qi-Cai Chen, “UCH-L1 Inhibition Involved in CREB Dephosphorylation in Hippocampal Slices,” Journal of Molecular Neuroscience, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 59–68, 2014.
- Xin Zhou, Chun Yang, Yufeng Liu, Peng Li, Huiying Yang, Jingxing Dai, Rongmei Qu, and Lin Yuan, “Lipid rafts participate in aberrant degradative autophagic-lysosomal pathway of amyloid-beta peptide in Alzheimer's disease,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 92–100, 2014.