- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 829743, 4 pages
Lack of Correlation of WAIS Digit Span with Clox 1 and the Dementia Rating Scale in MCI
1Department of Psychology, Knox College Galesburg, IL 61401, USA
2Department of Nursing, UMass Lowell, Lowell, MA 01854, USA
3Department of Biological Sciences, UMass Lowell, Lowell, MA 01854, USA
4Center for Cellular Neurobiology and Neurodegeneration Research, UMass Lowell, Lowell, MA 01854, USA
Received 25 October 2011; Accepted 20 January 2012
Academic Editor: Patrizia Mecocci
Copyright © 2012 Jevin Jay Lortie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. C. Petersen, G. E. Smith, S. C. Waring, R. J. Ivnik, E. G. Tangalos, and E. Kokmen, “Mild cognitive impairment: clinical characterization and outcome,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 303–308, 1999.
- P. B. Rosenberg, D. Johnston, and C. G. Lyketsos, “A clinical approach to mild cognitive impairment,” American Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 163, no. 11, pp. 1884–1890, 2006.
- J. C. Morris, M. Storandt, J. P. Miller et al., “Mild cognitive impairment represents early-stage Alzheimer disease,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 397–405, 2001.
- H. J. Gertz and A. Kurz, “Diagnosis without therapy: early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease in the stage of mild cognitive impairment,” Nervenarzt, vol. 82, no. 9, pp. 1151–1159, 2011.
- E. Mariani, R. Monastero, and P. Mecocci, “Mild cognitive impairment: a systematic review,” Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 23–35, 2007.
- S. Seshadri, A. Beiser, R. Au et al., “Operationalizing diagnostic criteria for Alzheimer's disease and other age-related cognitive impairment-part 2,” Alzheimer's and Dementia, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 35–52, 2011.
- E. Siemers, “Designing clinical trials for early (pre-dementia) Alzheimer's disease: determining the appropriate population for treatment,” Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 22–24, 2011.
- D. Zhang, Y. Wang, L. Zhou, H. Yuan, D. Shen, and the Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative, “Multimodal classification of Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment,” NeuroImage, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 856–867, 2011.
- H. Brodaty, L. F. Low, L. Gibson, and K. Burns, “What is the best dementia screening instrument for general practitioners to use?” American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 391–400, 2006.
- G. Arsenault-Lapierre, V. Whitehead, S. Belleville, F. Massoud, H. Bergman, and H. Chertkow, “Mild cognitive impairment subcategories depend on the source of norms,” Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 596–603, 2011.
- T. F. Hughes, B. E. Snitz, and M. Ganguli, “Should mild cognitive impairment be subtyped?” Current Opinion in Psychiatry, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 237–242, 2011.
- M. F. Folstein, S. E. Folstein, and P. R. McHugh, “Mini-mental state: a practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician,” Journal of Psychiatric Research, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 189–198, 1975.
- D. R. Royall, J. A. Cordes, and M. Polk, “CLOX: an executive clock drawing task,” Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 588–594, 1998.
- J. A. Lonie, K. M. Tierney, and K. P. Ebmeier, “Screening for mild cognitive impairment: a systematic review,” International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 902–915, 2009.
- A. Nordlund, L. Påhlsson, C. Holmberg, K. Lind, and A. Wallin, “The cognitive assessment battery (CAB): a rapid test of cognitive domains,” International psychogeriatrics / IPA, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 1144–1151, 2011.
- K. I. Shulman, “Clock-drawing: is it the ideal cognitive screening test?” International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 548–561, 2000.
- G. Xu, J. S. Meyer, J. Thornby, M. Chowdhury, and M. Quach, “Screening for mild cognitive impairment (MCI) utilizing combined mini-mental-cognitive capacity examinations for identifying dementia prodromes,” International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 1027–1033, 2002.
- D. I. Kaufer, C. S. Williams, A. J. Braaten, K. Gill, S. Zimmerman, and P. D. Sloane, “Cognitive screening for dementia and mild cognitive impairment in assisted living: comparison of 3 tests,” Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 586–593, 2008.
- J. Guarch, T. Marcos, M. Salamero, and R. Blesa, “Neuropsychological markers of dementia in patients with memory complaints,” International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 352–358, 2004.
- K. Schmidt, J. Lieto, E. Kiryankova, and A. Salvucci, “Construct and concurrent validity of the Dementia Rating Scale-2 Alternate Form,” Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 646–654, 2006.