- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 873270, 8 pages
Lessons from Tau-Deficient Mice
Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease Laboratory, Brain and Mind Research Institute, The University of Sydney, 100 Mallett Street, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Received 21 March 2012; Accepted 19 April 2012
Academic Editor: Rakez Kayed
Copyright © 2012 Yazi D. Ke et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [22 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Glenda Halliday, Eileen H. Bigio, Nigel J. Cairns, Manuela Neumann, Ian R. A. Mackenzie, and David M. A. Mann, “Mechanisms of disease in frontotemporal lobar degeneration: gain of function versus loss of function effects,” Acta Neuropathologica, vol. 124, no. 3, pp. 373–382, 2012.
- Mario M. Dorostkar, and Jochen Herms, “Arc illuminates Alzheimer's pathophysiology,” Nature Neuroscience, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1323–1325, 2012.
- Amy M. Pooler, Wendy Noble, and Diane P. Hanger, “A role for tau at the synapse in Alzheimer’s disease pathogenesis,” Neuropharmacology, 2013.
- John Gardiner, “The evolution and diversification of plant microtubule-associated proteins,” The Plant Journal, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 219–229, 2013.
- Yee Lian Chew, Xiaochen Fan, Juergen Goetz, and Hannah R. Nicholas, “PTL-1 regulates neuronal integrity and lifespan in C-elegans,” Journal of Cell Science, vol. 126, no. 9, pp. 2079–2091, 2013.
- Hervé Maurin, Benoit Lechat, Ilse Dewachter, Laurence Ris, Justin V. Louis, Peter Borghgraef, Herman Devijver, Tomasz Jaworski, and Fred Van Leuven, “Neurological characterization of mice deficient in GSK3α highlight pleiotropic physiological functions in cognition and pathological activity as Tau kinase,” Molecular Brain, vol. 6, no. 1, 2013.
- Patricia Huebbe, Dawn Chin, Kathrin Pallauf, and Gerald Rimbach, “Neuroprotective Properties of Curcumin in Alzheimer's Disease - Merits and Limitations,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 20, no. 32, pp. 3955–3985, 2013.
- Wei-Yi Ong, Kazuhiro Tanaka, Gavin S. Dawe, Lars M. Ittner, and Akhlaq A. Farooqui, “Slow Excitotoxicity in Alzheimer's Disease,” Journal of Alzheimers Disease, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 643–668, 2013.
- Guofa Liu, and Trisha Dwyer, “Microtubule dynamics in axon guidance,” Neuroscience Bulletin, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 569–583, 2014.
- Qiu-Lan Ma, Xiaohong Zuo, Fusheng Yang, Oliver J. Ubeda, Dana J. Gant, Mher Alaverdyan, Nicolae C. Kiosea, Sean Nazari, Ping Ping Chen, Fatiha Nothias, Piu Chan, Edmond Teng, Sally A. Frautschy, and Greg M. Cole, “Loss of MAP Function Leads to Hippocampal Synapse Loss and Deficits in the Morris Water Maze with Aging,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 34, no. 21, pp. 7124–7136, 2014.
- Miguel Medina, and Jesus Avila, “New perspectives on the role of tau in Alzheimer's disease. Implications for therapy,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 540–547, 2014.
- Marie Violet, Lucie Delattre, Meryem Tardivel, Audrey Sultan, Alban Chauderlier, Raphaelle Caillierez, Smail Talahari, Fabrice Nesslany, Bruno Lefebvre, Eliette Bonnefoy, Luc BuÃ©e, and Marie-Christine Galas, “A major role for Tau in neuronal DNA and RNA protection in vivo under physiological and hyperthermic conditions,” Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 8, 2014.
- Serena Abbondante, David Baglietto-Vargas, Carlos J. Rodriguez-Ortiz, Tatiana Estrada-Hernandez, Rodrigo Medeiros, and Frank M. LaFerla, “Genetic Ablation of Tau Mitigates Cognitive Impairment Induced by Type 1 Diabetes,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 184, no. 3, pp. 819–826, 2014.
- Bonnie J. Bolkan, and Doris Kretzschmar, “Loss of Tau Results in Defects in Photoreceptor Development and Progressive Neuronal Degeneration in Drosophila,” Developmental Neurobiology, vol. 74, no. 12, pp. 1210–1225, 2014.
- Linda A. Amos, “Why do brains need tau (MAPT)?,” Febs Journal, vol. 281, no. 21, pp. IV–V, 2014.
- Renu Mohan, and Annie John, “Microtubule-associated proteins as direct crosslinkers of actin filaments and microtubules,” Iubmb Life, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 395–403, 2015.
- Manuela Ariza, Hartmuth C. Kolb, Dieder Moechars, Frederik Rombouts, and Jose Ignacio Andres, “Tau Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Imaging: Past, Present, and Future,” Journal Of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 58, no. 11, pp. 4365–4382, 2015.
- Jean-Christophe Deloulme, Sylvie Gory-Faure, Franck Mauconduit, Sophie Chauvet, Julie Jonckheere, Benoit Boulan, Erik Mire, Jing Xue, Marion Jany, Caroline Maucler, Agathe A. Deparis, Olivier Montigon, Alexia Daoust, Emmanuel L. Barbier, Christophe Bosc, Nicole Deglon, Jacques Brocard, Eric Denarier, Isabelle Le Brun, Karin Pernet-Gallay, Isabelle Vilgrain, Phillip J. Robinson, Hana Lahrech, Fanny Mann, and Annie Andrieux, “Microtubule-associated protein 6 mediates neuronal connectivity through Semaphorin 3E-dependent signalling for axonal growth,” Nature Communications, vol. 6, 2015.
- Julia Elisa Sepulveda-Diaz, Seyedeh Maryam Alavi Naini, Minh Bao Huynh, Mohand Ouidir Ouidja, Constantin Yanicostas, Sandrine Chantepie, Joao Villares, Foudil Lamari, Estelle Jospin, Toin H. van Kuppevelt, Ayikoe Guy Mensah-Nyagan, Rita Raisman-Vozari, Nadia Soussi-Yanicostas, and Dulce Papy-Garcia, “HS3ST2 expression is critical for the abnormal phosphorylation of tau in Alzheimer's disease-related tau pathology,” Brain, vol. 138, pp. 1339–1354, 2015.
- F. Grueninger, “Drug development for tauopathies,” Neuropathology And Applied Neurobiology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 81–96, 2015.
- Bess Frost, Juergen Goetz, and Mel B. Feany, “Connecting the dots between tau dysfunction and neurodegeneration,” Trends In Cell Biology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 46–53, 2015.
- Sylvina Bouleau, and Herve Tricoire, “Drosophila Models of Alzheimer's Disease: Advances, Limits, and Perspectives,” Journal Of Alzheimers Disease, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 1015–1038, 2015.