- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Aerospace Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 941872, 11 pages
Experimental Investigation of a Forward Swept Rotor in a Multistage Fan with Inlet Distortion
GE Aviation, MD-S172, One Neumann Way, Cincinnati, OH 45215, USA
Received 29 March 2011; Accepted 6 July 2011
Academic Editor: Gecheng Zha
Copyright © 2011 Aspi R. Wadia. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Yamaguchi, T. Tominaga, and J. Masutani, “Performance improvement by forward-skewed blading of axial fan moving blades,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Air Breathing Engines (ISABE '93), pp. 580–589, Tokyo, Japan, 1993, ISABE Paper 93-7055.
- A. R. Wadia, P. N. Szucs, and D. W. Crall, “Inner workings of aerodynamic sweep,” in Proceedings of the International Gas Turbine & Aeroengine Congress & Exposition, June 1997, ASME Paper No. 97-GT-401.
- J. D. Denton and L. Xu, “The effects of lean and sweep on transonic fan performance,” in Proceedings of the ASME TURBO EXPO: Turbomachinery, pp. 23–32, June 2002, ASME Paper 2002-GT-30327.
- H. Passrucker, M. Engber, S. Kablitz, and D. K. Hennecke, “Effect of forward sweep in a transonic compressor rotor,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part A: Journal of Power and Energy, vol. 217, no. 4, pp. 357–366, 2003.
- G. S. McNulty, J. J. Decker, B. F. Beacher, and S. A. Khalid, “The impact of forward swept rotors on tip clearance flows in subsonic axial compressors,” Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 126, no. 4, pp. 445–454, 2004.
- J. Bergner, S. Kablitz, D. K. Hennecke, H. Passrucker, and E. Steinhardt, “Influence of sweep on the 3D shock structure in an axial transonic compressor,” in ASME Turbo Expo—Gas Turbie Technology: Focus for the Future, pp. 343–352, June 2005, ASME Paper GT2005-68835.
- E. Benini and R. Biollo, “Aerodynamics of swept and leaned transonic compressor-rotors,” Applied Energy, vol. 84, no. 10, pp. 1012–1027, 2007.
- P. V. Ramakrishna and M. Govardhan, “Combined effects of forward sweep and tip clearance on the performance of axial flow compressor stage,” in ASME Turbo Expo, pp. 273–282, June 2009, ASME Paper GT2009-59840.
- J. P. Longley and E. M. Greitzer, “Inlet distortion effects in aircraft propulsion system integration,” in Fundamentals and Special Problems of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), AGARD Lecture Series, 1993, AGARD LS-183.
- T. P. Hynes, private communication, 2001.
- D. Rabe, A. Boles, and P. Russler, “Influence of inlet distortion on transonic compressor blade loading,” in Proceedings of the 31st AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1995, AIAA Paper No. 95-2461.
- C. Hah, D. C. Rabe, T. J. Sullivan, and A. R. Wadia, “Effects of inlet distortion on the flow field in a transonic compressor rotor,” in Proceedings of the International Gas Turbine and Aeroengine Congress & Exhibition, p. 18, June 1996, ASME Paper No. 96-GT-547.
- S. R. Manwaring, D. C. Rabe, C. B. Lorence, and A. R. Wadia, “Inlet distortion generated forced response of a low aspect ratio transonic fan,” in Proceedings of the International Gas Turbine and Aeroengine Congress & Exhibition, p. 14, June 1996, ASME Paper No. 96-GT-376.