- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Aerospace Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 149461, 11 pages
A DES Procedure Applied to a Wall-Mounted Hump
1Thermal/Fluid Science & Engineering Department, Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, CA 945501, USA
2Mechanical and Aero Engineering Department, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Received 1 March 2012; Revised 21 June 2012; Accepted 5 July 2012
Academic Editor: Linda L. Vahala
Copyright © 2012 Radoslav Bozinoski and Roger L. Davis. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. E. Morgan, D. P. Rizzetta, and M. R. Visbal, “High-order numerical simulation of turbulent flow over a wall-mounted hump,” AIAA Journal, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 239–251, 2006.
- V. Krishnan, K. D. Squires, and J. R. Forsythe, “Prediction of separated flow characteristics over a hump,” AIAA Journal, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 252–262, 2006.
- P. Balakumar, “Computations of flow over a hump model using higher order method with turbulence modeling,” in Proceedings of the 43rd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, Nev, USA, January 2005, AIAA Paper No. 2005-1270.
- D. M. Israel, D. Postl, and H. F. Fasel, “A flow simulation methodology for analysis of coherent structures and flow control,” in Proceedings of the 2nd AIAA Flow Control Conference, 2004.
- S. J. Miller and P. A. Seitz, “The interaction between a fluidic actuator and main flow using SAS turbulence modeling,” in Proceedings of the 3rd AIAA Flow Control Conference, San Francisco, Calif, USA, June 2006.
- F. R. Menter, “A scale-adaptive simulation model for turbulent flow predictions,” in Proceedings of the 41st AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Reno, Nev, USA, 2003.
- D. C. Wilcox, Turbulence Modeling for CFD, DCW Industries, 3rd edition, 2006.
- D. C. Wilcox, “Reassessment of the scale-determining equation for advanced turbulence models,” AIAA Journal, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 1299–1310, 1988.
- J. Smagorinsky, “General circulation experiments with the primitive equations,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 99–164, 1963.
- M. Strelets, “Detached eddy simulation of massively separated flows,” in Proceedings of the 39th Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, Nev, USA, January 2001, AIAA Paper No. 2001-879.
- R. H. Bush and M. Mani, “A two-equation large eddy stress model for high sub-grid shear,” in Proceedings of the 15th AIAA Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Anaheim, Calif, USA, June 2001, AIAA Paper No. 2001-2561.
- R. H. Ni, “Multiple-grid scheme for solving the euler equations,” AIAA Journal, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 1565–1571, 1982.
- J. F. Dannenhoffer, Grid adaptation for complex two-dimensional transonic flows [Ph.D. thesis], Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1987.
- R. L. Davis, R.-H. Ni, and J. E. Carter, “Cascade viscous flow analysis using the Navier-Stokes equations,” Journal of Propulsion and Power, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 406–414, 1987.
- R. L. Davis, D. E. Hobbs, and H. D. Weingold, “Prediction of compressor cascade performance using a Navier-Stokes technique,” Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 520–531, 1988.
- A. Jameson, “Time dependent calculations using multigrid with applications to unsteady flows past airfoils with wings,” in Proceedings of the 10th Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, p. 14, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, June 1991, AIAA Paper No. 1991-1596.
- R. L. Davis and J. F. Dannenhoffer, “A detached-eddy simulation procedure targeted for design,” in Proceedings of the 46th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, Nev, USA, January 2008, AIAA Paper No. 2008-534.
- A. J. Andrade, R. L. Davis, and M. A. Havstad, “A RANS/DES numerical procedure for axisymmetric flows with and without strong rotation,” in Proceedings of the 46th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, Nev, USA, January 2008, AIAA Paper No. 2008-702.
- R. Bozinoski and R. L. Davis, “General three-dimensional, multi-block, parallel turbulent Navier-Stokes procedure,” in Proceedings of the 46th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, Nev, USA, January 2008, AIAA Paper No. 2008-756.
- A. Jameson, W. Schmidt, and E. Turkel, “Numerical solution of the Euler equations by finite volume methods using Runge Kutta time stepping schemes,” in Proceedings of the 14th Fluid and Plasma Dynamics Conference, Palo Alto, Calif, USA, June 1981, AIAA Paper No. 1981-1259.
- W. Gropp, E. Lusk, and A. Skjellum, MPI: A Message-Passing Interface Standard, Scientific and Engineering Computation Series, The MIT Press, 1994.
- C. L. Rumsey, T. B. Gatski, W. L. Sellers, V. N. Vatsa, and S. A. Viken, “Summary of the 2004 computational fluid dynamics validation workshop on synthetic jets,” AIAA Journal, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 194–207, 2006.
- S. Šarić, S. Jakirlić, A. Djugum, and C. Tropea, “Computational analysis of locally forced flow over a wall-mounted hump at high-Re number,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 707–720, 2006.
- P. E. Morgan, D. P. Rizzetta, and M. R. Visbal, “Large-eddy simulation of separation control for flow over a wall-mounted hump,” AIAA Journal, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 2643–2660, 2007.