- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Aerospace Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 480320, 9 pages
Solving Coplanar Power-Limited Orbit Transfer Problem by Primer Vector Approximation Method
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Received 1 November 2011; Revised 12 January 2012; Accepted 16 January 2012
Academic Editor: Alessandro A. Quarta
Copyright © 2012 Weijun Huang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. N. Edelbaum, “Theory of maxima and minima,” in Optimization techniques: with applications to aerospace systems, G. Leitmann, Ed., vol. 5, chapter 1, Academic Press, 1962.
- T. N. Edelbaum, “Optimum low-thrust rendezvous and station keeping,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 960–965, 2003.
- T. N. Edelbaum, “Optimum power-limited orbit transfer in strong gravity fields,” AIAA Journal, vol. 3, pp. 921–925, 1965.
- T. N. Edelbaum, “An asymptotic solution for optimum power limited orbit transfer,” AIAA Journal, vol. 4, pp. 1491–1494, 1966.
- C. Zee, “Low constant tangential thrust spiral trajectories,” AIAA Journal, vol. 1, no. 7, pp. 1581–1583, 1963.
- A. Marinescu, “Optimal low-thrust orbital rendezvous,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 385–392, 1976.
- J. P. Marec and N. X. Vinh, “Optimal low-thrust, limited power transfers between arbitrary elliptical orbits,” Acta Astronautica, vol. 4, no. 5-6, pp. 511–540, 1977.
- C. M. Haissig, K. D. Mease, and N. X. Vinh, “Minimum-fuel, power-limited transfers between coplanar elliptical orbits,” Acta Astronautica, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 1993.
- J. A. Kechichian, “Reformulation of Edelbaum's low-thrust transfer problem using optimal control theory,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 988–994, 1997.
- L. Casalino and G. Colasurdo, “Improved Edelbaum's approach to optimize low earth/geostationary orbits low-thrust transfers,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 1504–1510, 2007.
- Y. Gao and C. A. Kluever, “Analytic orbital averaging technique for computing tangential-thrust trajectories,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1320–1323, 2005.
- N. Markopoulos, “Explicit, near-optimal guidance for power-limited transfers between coplanar circular orbits,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1317–1325, 1996.
- A. E. Petropoulos and J. M. Longuski, “Shape-based algorithm for automated design of low-thrust, gravity-assist trajectories,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 787–796, 2004.
- B. J. Wall and B. A. Conway, “Shape-based approach to low-thrust rendezvous trajectory design,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 95–102, 2009.
- D. M. Novak and M. Vasile, “Improved shaping approach to the preliminary design of low-thrust trajectories,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 128–147, 2011.
- T. Carter and M. Humi, “Three-impulse rendezvous near circular orbit determined through a new primer vector analysis,” in Proceedings of the AAS/AIAA Spaceflight Mechanics Meeting, vol. 140 of Advances in the Astronautical Sciences Series, 2011.