- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Aerospace Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 597930, 9 pages
Radiation Analysis for Two Trajectory Points of the Fire II Entry
1Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Interdisciplinary Aerodynamics Group, Station 9, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
2Centre for Hypersonics, University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Received 26 July 2011; Revised 21 October 2011; Accepted 25 October 2011
Academic Editor: I. D. Boyd
Copyright © 2012 Romain Savajano et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. L. Cauchon, “Radiative heating results from the FIRE II flight experiment at a re-entry velocity of 11. km/s,” Tech. Rep. TM X-1402, NASA, 1967.
- C. O. Johnston and B. R. Hollis, “Nonequilibrium stagnation-line radiative heating for Fire II,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 1185–1195, 2008.
- D. R. Olynick, W. D. Henline, L. H. Chambers, and G. V. Candler, “Comparison of coupled radiative flow solutions with project fire II flight data,” Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 586–594, 1995.
- R. B. Greendyke and L. C. Hartung, “Convective and radiative heat transfer analysis for the fire II forebody,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 986–992, 1994.
- P. A. Jacobs, “MB CNS: a computer program for the simulation of transient compressible flows; 1998 update,” Tech. Rep. 7/98, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, 1998.
- D. Potter, S. Karl, and P. Leyland, “TN032—EPFL Contribution to ESA-TRP AMOD,” Tech. Rep., ESA, 2009.
- R. J. Gollan, Computational modelling of high-temperature gas effects with application to hyper-sonic flows, Ph.D. thesis, School of Engineering, The University of Queensland, June 2008.
- M. N. Macrossan, “The equilibrium flux method for the calculation of flows with non-equilibrium chemical reactions,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 204–231, 1989.
- Y. Wada and M. S. Liou, “A flux splitting scheme with high-resolution and robustness for discontinuities,” Tech. Rep. 94-0083, AIAA, January 1994.
- P. A. Gnoffo, R. N. Gupta, J. L. Shinn, and United States, “Conservation equations andphysical models for hypersonic air flows in thermal and chemical equilibrium,” Tech. Rep. TP-2867, NASA, 1989, Book, microform.
- B. J. McBride and S. Gordon, “Computer program for calculation of complex chemical equilibrium compositions and applications, part 2: users manual and program description,” Tech. Rep. 1311, NASA, 1996.
- R. N. Gupta, J. M. Yos, R. A. Thompson, and K. Lee, “A review of reaction rates and thermodynamicand transport properties for an 11-species air model for chemical and thermal nonequilibrium calculations to 30000 K,” Tech. Rep., NASA STI/Recon, August 1990.
- M. J. Wright and E. Levin, “Collision integrals for ion-neutral interactions of air and argon,” Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 127–128, 2005.
- M. J. Wright, D. Bose, G. E. Palmer, and E. Levin, “Recommended collision integrals for transport property computations, part 1: air species,” AIAA Journal, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 2558–2564, 2005.
- M. J. Wright, H. H. Hwang, and D. W. Schwenke, “Recommended collision integrals for transport property computations part 2: mars and venus entries,” AIAA Journal, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 281–288, 2007.
- NIST Chemical Kinetics Database, Ver. 7.0, 2003.
- S. Chauveau, M. Y. Perrin, P. Rivière, and A. Soufiani, “Contributions of diatomic molecular electronic systems to heated air radiation,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 503–530, 2002.
- Y. Babou, P. Riviere, M. Y. Perrin, and A. Soufiani, “High-temperature and non equilibrium partition function and thermodynamic data of diatomic molecules,” International Journal of Thermophysics, vol. 30, pp. 416–438, 2009.
- C. Johnston, Nonequilibrium shock-layer radiative heating for Earth and Titan entry, Ph.D. thesis, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Va, USA, 2006.
- S.-Y. Hyun, Radiation code SPRADIAN07 and its applications, Ph.D. thesis, School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Systems Engineering, Division of Aerospace Engineering, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, 2009.
- R. M. Frost, P. Awakowicz, H. P. Summers, and N. R. Badnell, “Calculated cross sections and measured rate coefficients for electron-impact excitation of neutral and singly ionized nitrogen,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 84, no. 6, pp. 2989–3003, 1998.
- M. Gryziński, “Classical theory of electronic and ionic inelastic collisions,” Physical Review, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 374–383, 1959.
- W. H. Soon and J. A. Kunc, “Thermal nonequilibrium in partially ionized atomic oxygen,” Physical Review A, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 825–843, 1990.
- M. Panesi, Physical models for nonequilibrium plasma flow simulations at high speed re-entry conditions, Ph.D. thesis, von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics, Rhode-Saint-Genèse, Belgium, 2009.
- O. Zatsarinny and S. S. Tayal, “Electron collisional excitation rates for O I using the B-spline R-matrix approach,” Astrophysical Journal, Supplement Series, vol. 148, no. 2, pp. 575–582, 2003.
- M. Lino da Silva, V. Guerra, and J. Loureiro, “Two-temperature models for nitrogen dissociation,” Chemical Physics, vol. 342, no. 1–3, pp. 275–287, 2007.
- C. Park, “Review of chemical-kinetic problems of future NASA missions, I: earth entries,” Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 385–398, 1993.
- R. C. Millikan and D. R. White, “Systematics of vibrational relaxation,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 3209–3213, 1963.
- J. P. Appleton and K. N. C. Bray, “The conservation equations for a nonequilibrium plasma,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 659–672, 1964.
- M. F. Modest, Radiative Heat Transfer, Academic Press, London, UK, 2nd edition, 2003.
- G. E. Palmer, T. White, and A. Pace, “Direct coupling of the NEQAIR radiation and DPLR computational fluid dynamic codes,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 48, pp. 836–845, 2011.