- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 614931, 13 pages
Performance Comparison of Reflector- and Planar-Antenna Based Digital Beam-Forming SAR
Microwaves and Radar Institute, German Aerospace Center (DLR), 82230 Wessling, Germany
Received 15 October 2008; Revised 23 January 2009; Accepted 17 March 2009
Academic Editor: Giovanni Toso
Copyright © 2009 Marwan Younis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Krieger, N. Gebert, and A. Moreira, “Multidimensional waveform encoding: a new digital beamforming technique for synthetic aperture radar remote sensing,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 31–46, 2008.
- G. Krieger, N. Gebert, M. Younis, F. Bordoni, A. Patyuchenko, and A. Moreira, “Advanced concepts for ultra-wide swath SAR imaging,” in Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar (EUSAR '08), Friedrichshafen, Germany, June 2008.
- C. Fischer, C. Schaefer, and C. Heer, “Technology development for the HRWS (High Resolution Wide Swath) SAR,” in Proceedings of International Radar Symposium (IRS '07), Cologne, Germany, September 2007.
- J. H. Blythe, “Radar systems,” U.S. Patent 4 253 098, February, 1981.
- J. T. Kare, “Moving receive beam method and apparatus for synthetic aperture radar,” U.S. Patent 6 175 326, January 2001.
- M. Suess and W. Wiesbeck, “Side-looking synthetic aperture radar system,” European Patent EP 1 241 487, September 2002.
- M. Suess, B. Grafmueller, and R. Zahn, “A novel high resolution, wide swath SAR system,” in Proceedings of International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS '01), vol. 3, pp. 1013–1015, Sydney, Australia, July 2001.
- M. Younis, C. Fischer, and W. Wiesbeck, “Digital beamforming in SAR systems,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 41, no. 7, part 2, pp. 1735–1739, 2003.
- G. Krieger, N. Gebert, and A. Moreira, “Unambiguous SAR signal reconstruction from non-uniform displaced phase centre sampling,” IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 260–264, 2004.
- A. Papoulis, “Generalized sampling expansion,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 652–654, 1977.
- J. L. Brown, Jr., “Multi-channel sampling of low-pass signals,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 101–106, 1981.
- J. C. Curlander and R. N. McDonough, Synthetic Aperture Radar Systems and Signal Processing, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- M. Younis, “General formulation of NESZ,” Technical Note, German Aerospace Center, Microwaves and Radar Institute, Wessling, Germany, March 2008.
- S. Mezzasoma, A. Gallon, F. Impagnatiello, et al., “COSMO-SkyMed system commissioning: end-to-end system performance verification,” in Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Radar (RADAR '08), pp. 1092–1096, Rome, Italy, May 2008.
- TerraSAR-X, German Aerospace Center (DLR), September 2008, http://www.dlr.de/TerraSAR-X.
- C. Balanis, Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1997.