- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 389214, 7 pages
Flexible Dual-Frequency Applicator for Local Hyperthermia
1Instrumentation Laboratory, Faculté d’Electronique et d’Informatique, Université USTHB, BP 32, El Alia, Bab-Ezzouar, 16111 Algiers, Algeria
2Microwave Laboratory, UCL University, Batiment Maxwell, 3 Place du Levant, P.O. Box 1348, Belgium
3LCIS Laboratory, ESISAR, Grenoble INP, 50 Rue B. de Laffemas, BP 54, 26902 Valence, France
Received 30 March 2012; Accepted 4 June 2012
Academic Editor: Ahmed A. Kishk
Copyright © 2012 Houda Halheit et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Correia, H. P. Kok, M. De Greef, A. Bel, N. Van Wieringen, and J. Crezee, “Body conformal antennas for superficial hyperthermia: The impact of bending contact flexible microstrip applicators on their electromagnetic behavior,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 2917–2926, 2009.
- F. Rossetto and P. R. Stauffer, “Effect of complex bolus-tissue load configurations on SAR distributions from dual concentric conductor applicators,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 1310–1319, 1999.
- M. J. Ammann, S. Curto, X. L. Bao, and P. McEvoy, “Antenna design considerations for high specific absorption rate in local hyperthermia treatment,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting (APSURSI '08), San Diego, Calif, USA, July 2008.
- T. Dřížďal, P. Togni, and J. Vrba, “Modified microstrip ring applicator for superficial hyperthermia,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference Radioelektronika, Brno, Czech, April 2007.
- Y. Gong and G. Wang, “Superficial tumor hyperthermia with flat left-handed metamaterial lens,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 98, pp. 389–405, 2009.
- J. Carlier, V. Thomy, J. Camart, L. Dubois, and J. Pribetich, “Dual-Mode antenna design for microwave heating and noninvasive thermometry of superficial tissue disease,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 1500–1509, 2000.
- P. R. Stauffer, “Radiation patterns of dual concentric conductor microstrip antennas for superficial hyperthermia,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 1310–1319, 1999.
- A. Vander Vorst, A. Rosen, and Y. Kotsuka, RF/Microwave Interaction with Biological Tissues, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- M. W. Dewhirst, T. L. Phillips, T. V. Samulski et al., “RTOG quality assurance guidelines for clinical trials using hyperthermia,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1249–1259, 1990.