- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 390280, 8 pages
Advanced Techniques and Antenna Design for Pulse Shaping in UWB Cognitive Radio
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, American University of Beirut, Beirut 1107-2020, Lebanon
Received 12 October 2011; Accepted 24 January 2012
Academic Editor: Christos Christodoulou
Copyright © 2012 Lise Safatly et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Zhou, B. Li, and Q. Song, “Open spectrum and UWB research in China: spectrum reform and radio revolution,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Ultra-Wideband (ICUWB '10), pp. 1–5, Nanjing, China, September 2010.
- H. Arslan and M. Sahin, “UWB-based cognitive radio networks,” in Cognitive Wireless Communication Networks, pp. 213–230, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- S. Nag, M. A. Barnes, T. Payment, and G. W. Holladay, “An ultra-wideband through-wall radar for detecting the motion of people in real time,” in Radar Sensor Technology and data Visualisation, vol. 4744 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 48–57, Orlando, Fla, USA, 2002.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC), “Revision of part 15 of the commission’s rules regarding ultra-wide band transmission systems,” Tech. Rep. ET Docket 98-153, FCC 02-48, 2002.
- K. C. Chen and R. Prasad, Cognitive Radio Networks, John Wiley & Sons, West Sussex, UK, 2009.
- D. S. Zeng, A. Annamalai, and A. I. Zaghloul, “Pulse shaping filter design in UWB system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Ultra-Wideband Systems and Technologies (ICUWB-ST '03), pp. 66–70, Reston, Va, USA, 2003.
- S. Liao, M. Ho, C. Chen, C. Chiu, and W. Chung, “A novel DS-UWB pulses design using genetic algorithm,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Future Computer and Communication, pp. 296–300, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2009.
- M. P. Wylie-Green, “Adjacent frequency coding technique for decreasing MB-OFDM ultra-wideband interference to other radio services,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Sarnoff Symposium (SARNOF '06), pp. 1–4, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2006.
- R. Yang, Z. Zhou, L. Zhang, and C. Yu, “Detection and avoidance scheme for direct-sequence ultra-wideband system: a step towards cognitive radio,” IET Communications, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 1043–1050, 2008.
- T. Dissanayake and K. P. Esselle, “Prediction of the notch frequency of slot loaded printed UWB antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 3320–3325, 2007.
- J. H. McClellan and T. W. Parks, “A personal history of the Parks-McClellan algorithm,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 82–86, 2005.
- X. Shi, “Adaptive UWB pulse design method for multiple narrowband interference suppression,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems (ICIS '10), vol. 1, pp. 545–548, Saint Louis, Mo, USA, 2010.
- J. J. Hopfield, “Neural networks and physical systems with emergent collective computational abilities,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 79, no. 8, pp. 2554–2558, 1982.
- J. D. Powell, “Radial basis function approximations to polynomials,” in Numerical Analysis, pp. 223–241, Longman, Dundee, UK, 1987.
- L. Bin, Z. Zheng , and Z. Weixia, “A novel spectrum adaptive UWB pulse: application in cognitive radio,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 70th Vehicular Technology Conference Fall (VTC '09), pp. 1–5, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, September 2009.
- J. B. Pendry, A. J. Holden, D. J. Robbins, and W. J. Stewart, “Magnetism from conductors and enhanced nonlinear phenomena,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 2075–2084, 1999.
- Y. Zhang, W. Hong, C. Yu, Z. Q. Kuai, Y. D. Don, and J. Y. Zhou, “Planar ultrawideband antennas with multiple notched bands based on etched slots on the patch and/or split ring resonators on the feed line,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 3063–3068, 2008.
- M. Al-Husseini, A. Ramadan, Y. Tawk, C. Christodoulou, K. Kabalan, and A. El-Hajj, “A planar ultrawideband antenna with multiple controllable band notches for UWB cognitive radio applications,” in Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP '11), pp. 375–377, Rome, Italy, 2011.
- Ansoft HFSS, Pittsburg, Pa, USA.
- P. Withington, Impulse Radio Overview, Time Domain Corporation.
- X. Chen and S. Kiaei, “Monocycle shapes for ultra wideband system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. I/597–I/600, May 2002.