- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 625165, 8 pages
Joint Gain/Phase and Mutual Coupling Array Calibration Technique with Single Calibrating Source
1Eindhoven University of Technology, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
2Temasek Laboratories, NTU, Singapore
3School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, NTU, Singapore
Received 9 July 2012; Revised 19 September 2012; Accepted 20 September 2012
Academic Editor: Hon Tat Hui
Copyright © 2012 Wei Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. O. Schmidt, “Multiple emitter location and signal parameter estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 276–280, 1986.
- J. Capon, “High-resolution frequency—wavenumber spectrum analysis,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 1408–1418, 1969.
- B. Friedlander and A. J. Weiss, “Direction finding in the presence of mutual coupling,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 39, pp. 273–284, 1991.
- R. B. Ertel, Z. Hu, and J. H. Reed, “Antenna array hardware amplitude and phase compensation using baseband antenna array outputs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 49th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '99), pp. 1759–1763, September 1999.
- K. R. Dandekar, H. Ling, and G. Xu, “Smart antenna array calibration procedure including amplitude and phase mismatch and mutual coupling effects,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Personal Wireless Communications, pp. 293–297, December 2000.
- B. P. Ng, J. P. Lie, M. H. Er, and A. Feng, “A practical simple geometry and gain/phase calibration technique for antenna array processing,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 1963–1972, 2009.
- W. Keizer, “Fast and accurate array calibration using a synthetic array approach,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 59, pp. 4115–4122, 2011.
- H.-S. Lui, H. T. Hui, and M. S. Leong, “A note on the mutual-coupling problems in transmitting and receiving antenna arrays,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 171–176, 2009.
- K. M. Pasala and E. M. Friel, “Mutual coupling effects and their reduction in wideband direction of arrival estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1116–1122, 1994.
- H. T. Hui, “A practical approach to compensate for the mutual coupling effect in an adaptive dipole array,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 1262–1269, 2004.
- C. K. E. Lau, R. S. Adve, and T. K. Sarkar, “Minimum norm mutual coupling compensation with applications in direction of arrival estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 2034–2041, 2004.
- B. Friedlander, “A sensitivity analysis of the MUSIC algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 1740–1751, 1990.
- W. Kahn and H. Kurss, “Minimum-scattering antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 13, pp. 671–675, 1965.
- D. H. Johnson and D. E. Dudgeon, Array Signal Processing: Concepts and Techniques, Simon & Schuster, 1992.
- H. L. Van Trees, Optimum Array Processing, Part IV of Detection, Estimation, and Modulation Theory, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- I. A. S. Milton Abramowitz, Handbook of Mathematical Functions With Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables, Dover Publications, New York, NY, USA, 1965.
- B. H. Wang, H. T. Hui, and M. S. Leong, “Decoupled 2D direction of arrival estimation using compact uniform circular arrays in the presence of elevation-dependent mutual coupling,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 747–755, 2010.
- R. Goossens and H. Rogier, “A hybrid UCA-RARE/Root-MUSIC approach for 2-D direction of arrival estimation in uniform circular arrays in the presence of mutual coupling,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 841–849, 2007.