- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 625437, 5 pages
Optimization of Concentric Ring Array Geometry for 3D Beam Scanning
National Key Laboratory of Antennas and Microwave Technology, Xidian University, P.O. Box 377, Shaanxi, Xi'an 710071, China
Received 16 January 2012; Revised 29 February 2012; Accepted 3 March 2012
Academic Editor: Zhongxiang Q. Shen
Copyright © 2012 Li Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1997.
- M. Shihab, Y. Najjar, N. Dib, and M. Khodier, “Design of non-uniform circular antenna arrays using particle swarm optimization,” Journal of Electrical Engineering, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 216–220, 2008.
- M. A. Panduro, C. A. Brizuela, L. I. Balderas, and D. A. Acosta, “A comparison of genetic algorithms, particle swarm optimization and the differential evolution method for the design of scannable circular antenna arrays,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, no. 13, pp. 171–186, 2009.
- Y. Li, K. C. Ho, and C. Kwan, “3-D array pattern synthesis with frequency invariant property for concentric ring array,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 780–784, 2006.
- B. P. Kumar and G. R. Branner, “Generalized analytical technique for the synthesis of unequally spaced arrays with linear, planar, cylindrical or spherical geometry,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 621–634, 2005.
- H. Ei-Kamchouchi, “Ultra-low-sidelobe-level concentric-ring-array pattern synthesis using Bessel neural networks,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 102–105, 2010.
- R. L. Haupt, “Optimized element spacing for low sidelobe concentric ring arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 266–268, 2008.
- N. Pathak, G. K. Mahanti, S. K. Singh, J. K. Mishra, and A. Chakraborty, “Synthesis of thinned planar circular array antennas using modified particle swarm optimization,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters, vol. 12, pp. 87–97, 2009.
- F. Li, Y.-C. Jiao, L.-S. Ren, Y.-Y. Chen, and L. Zhang, “Pattern synthesis of concentric ring array antennas by differential evolution algorithm,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 421–430, 2011.
- G. Holtrup, A. Marguinaud, and J. Citerne, “Synthesis of electronically steerable antenna arrays with elements on concentric rings with reduced sidelobes,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, pp. 800–803, July 2001.
- R. Storn and K. Price, “Differential evolution—a simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 341–359, 1997.
- K. Chen, Z. He, and C. Han, “A modified real GA for the sparse linear array synthesis with multiple constraints,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 2169–2173, 2006.