- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 638150, 10 pages
Angular Beamforming Technique for MIMO Beamforming System
School of Telecommunication Engineering, Suranaree University of Technology, Muang, Nakhon Ratchasima 30000, Thailand
Received 3 August 2012; Revised 2 October 2012; Accepted 6 November 2012
Academic Editor: Ananda Sanagavarapu Mohan
Copyright © 2012 Apinya Innok et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Mondal and R. W. Heath, “Performance analysis of quantized beamforming MIMO systems,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 4753–4766, 2006.
- A. S. Lek, J. Zheng, O. Eric, and J. Kim, “Subspace beamforming for near-capacity performance,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 5729–5733, 2006.
- X. Zheng, Y. Xie, J. Li, and P. Stoica, “MIMO transmit beamforming under uniform elemental power constraint,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 5395–5406, 2007.
- L. Sun, M. R. McKay, and S. Jin, “Analytical performance of MIMO multichannel beamforming in the presence of unequal power Cochannel Interference and Noise,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 2721–2735, 2009.
- S. L. Ariyavisitakul, J. Zheng, E. Ojard, and J. Kim, “Subspace beamforming for near-capacity MIMO performance,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 5729–5733, 2008.
- R. D. Vieira, J. C. B. Brandão, and G. L. Siqueira, “MIMO measured channels: capacity results and analysis of channel parameters,” in Proceedings of the International Telecommunications Symposium (ITS '06), pp. 152–157, Fortaleza, Brazil, September 2006.
- G. J. Foschini and M. J. Gans, “On limits of wireless communications in a fading environment when using multiple antennas,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 311–335, 1998.
- I. E. Telatar, “Capacity of multi-antenna Gaussian channels,” AT&T Bell Laboratories, Technical Memorandum, 1995.
- G. J. Foschini, “Layered space-time architecture for wireless communication in a fading environment when using multi-element antennas,” Bell Labs Technical Journal, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 41–59, 1996.
- J. P. Kermoal, P. E. Mogensen, S. H. Jensen et al., “Experimental investigation of multipath richness for multi-element transmit and receive antenna arrays,” in Proceedings of the 51st Vehicular Technology Conference 'Shaping History Through Mobile Technologies' (VTC '00), pp. 2004–2008, May 2000.
- R. Stridh, B. Ottersten, and P. Karlsson, “MIMO channel capacity on a measured indoor radio channel at 5.8 GHz,” in Proceedings of the 34th Asilomar Conference, pp. 733–737, November 2000.
- A. F. Molisch, M. Steinbauer, M. Toeltsch, E. Bonek, and R. S. Thomä, “Capacity of MIMO systems based on measured wireless channels,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 561–569, 2002.
- L. Huang, J. W. M. Bergmans, and F. M. J. Willems, “Low-complexity LMMSE-based MIMO-OFDM channel estimation via angle-domain processing,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 5668–5680, 2007.
- L. Huang, C. K. Ho, J. W. M. Bergmans, and F. M. J. Willems, “Pilot-aided angle-domain channel estimation techniques for MIMO-OFDM systems,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 906–920, 2008.
- A. F. Molisch, X. Zhang, S. Y. Kung, and J. Zhang, “DFT-based hybrid antenna selection schemes for spatially correlated MIMO channels,” in Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '03), pp. 1119–1123, September 2003.
- A. Innok, M. Uthansakul, and P. Uthansakul, “The enhancement of MIMO capacity using angle domain processing based on measured channels,” in Proceedings of the Asia Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC '09), pp. 2172–2175, Singapore, December 2009.
- A. Grau, J. Romeu, S. Blanch, L. Jofre, and F. De Flaviis, “Optimization of linear multielement antennas for selection combining by means of a butler matrix in different MIMO environment,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, no. 11, pp. 3251–3264, 2006.
- P. Uthansakul, A. Innok, and M. Uthansakul, “Open-loop beamforming technique for MIMO system and its practical realization,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 1, 13 pages, 2011.
- D. Tse and P. Viswanath, Fundamentals of Wireless Communication, chapter 7, Cambridge, UK, 2005.
- R. G. Tsoulos, MIMO Systems Technology for Wireless Communications, The Electrical Engineering and Applied Signal Processing Series, chapter 4, 2006.
- P. Uthansakul, Adaptive MIMO Systems Explorations For Indoor Wireless Communications, Appendix D, 2009.
- J. C. Liberti and J. T. S. Rappaport, Smart Antennas for Wireless Communications, IS-95 and Third Generation CDMA Applications, chapter 3.
- N. Promsuvana and P. Uthansakul, “Feasibility of adaptive 4 × 4 MIMO system using channel reciprocity in FDD mode,” in Proceedings of the 14th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications (APCC '08), pp. 1–5, October 2008.