- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 829371, 5 pages
Improved Low-Profile Helical Antenna Design for INMARSAT Applications
School of Information Science and Technology, Dalian Maritime University, Liaoning, Dalian 116026, China
Received 9 April 2012; Revised 19 May 2012; Accepted 20 May 2012
Academic Editor: Z. Chen
Copyright © 2012 Shiqiang Fu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. D. Kraus, “Helical beam antennas,” Electronics, vol. 20, pp. 109–111, 1947.
- H. Nakano, H. Takeda, T. Honma, H. Mimaki, and J. Yamauchi, “Extremely low-profile helix radiating a circularly polarized wave,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 754–757, 1991.
- C.-H. Chen, E. K. N. Yung, B.-J. Hu, and S.-L. Xie, “Axial mode helix antenna with exponential spacing,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 1525–1530, 2007.
- F. Yang, P. Zhang, C.-J. Guo, and J.-D. Xu, “Axial-mode elliptical helical antenna with variable pitch angle,” Electronics Letters, vol. 44, no. 19, pp. 1103–1104, 2008.
- H. T. Hui, K. Y. Chan, and E. K. N. Yung, “The low-profile hemispherical helical antenna with circular polarization radiation over a wide angular range,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1415–1418, 2003.
- J. D. Kraus, “A 50-ohm input impedance for helical beam antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 913–914, 1977.
- H. Nakano, K. Sato, H. Mimaki, and J. Yamauchi, “A long helical antenna wound on a dielectric rod,” in Proceedings of the International Society for Asphalt Pavements, pp. 965–968, 2004.
- C. H. Chen, B. J. Hu, Z. H. Wu, and E. K. N. Yung, “A self-matching hemispherical helical antenna,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, pp. 4709–4712, 2006.
- A. R. Djordjević, A. G. Zajić, M. M. Ilić, and G. L. Stüber, “Optimization of helical antennas,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 107–115, 2006.
- H. E. King, J. L. Wong, and E. H. Newman, “Helical antennas,” in Antenna Engineering Handbook, J. L. Volakis, Ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 2007.