- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 870318, 10 pages
Performance Comparison of Symmetric and Offset Reflector Antennas Adaptively Illuminated by Novel Triple Mode Feedhorn
Antenna and Microwave Laboratory (AML), Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego, CA 92182-1309, USA
Received 19 June 2012; Revised 2 August 2012; Accepted 14 August 2012
Academic Editor: Ananda S. Mohan
Copyright © 2012 Satish K. Sharma and Mukund R. Thyagarajan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Volakis, Antenna Engineering Handbook, McGraw-Hill, 4th edition, 2007.
- L. Shafai, S. K. Sharma, B. Balaji, A. Damini, and G. Haslam, “Multiple phase center performance of reflector antennas using a dual mode horn,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 3407–3417, 2006.
- B. Balaji, A. Damini, G. Haslam, L. Shafai, and S. Sharma, “Multiple Phase Center Feedhorn for Reflector Antennas,” US Patent # 7,180,459 granted February 20, 2007.
- L. Shafai and S. K. Sharma, “Performance of multimode () feed horn for offset reflector antenna providing multiphase centres,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium and USNC/URSI Meeting (ANTEM '04), pp. 155–159, Ottawa, Canada, 2004.
- L. Shafa and S. K. Sharma, “A virtual array concept for reflector antenna aperture,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP '04), vol. 1, pp. 201–204, Sendai, Japan, August 2004.
- S. K. Sharma and A. Tuteja, “Investigations on a triple mode waveguide horn capable of providing scanned radiation patterns,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and CNC-USNC/URSI Radio Science Meeting (AP-S/URSI '10), pp. 1–4, July 2010.
- M. Thayagrajan and S. K. Sharma, “Some investigations on reflector antenna performance by employing a triple mode feedhorn using FEKO,” in Proceedings of the 28th Annual Review of Progress in Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES '12), pp. 10–14, Columbus, Ohio, USA, April 2012.
- EMSS FEKO, http://www.emssusa.com/.
- D. M. Pozar, Microwave Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition.
- W. Stutzman and M. Terada, “Design of offset-parabolic reflector antennas for low cross-pol and low sidelobes,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 46–49, 1993.