- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 109450, 9 pages
A Rectangular Ring, Open-Ended Monopole Antenna with Two Symmetric Strips for WLAN and WiMAX Applications
1Department of Electronic Engineering, Silla University, San 1-1 Gwaebeop-Dong, Sasang-Gu, Busan 617-736, Republic of Korea
2Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Kyungnam University, 449 Wolyong-Dong, Masan, Kyungnam 631-701, Republic of Korea
3School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, North Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Received 13 November 2012; Accepted 21 January 2013
Academic Editor: Stefano Selleri
Copyright © 2013 Joong-Han Yoon et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “WorldWide Interoperability for microwave access forum or WiMAX forum,” http://www.wimaxforum.org/.
- “IEEE 802.16 working group on broadband wireless access standards,” http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/index.html.
- C.-Y. Pan, C.-H. Huang, and T.-S. Horng, “A new printed G-shaped monopole antenna for dual-band wlan applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 295–297, 2005.
- J. H. Yoon, “Fabrication and measurement of rectangular ring with open-ended CPW-fed monopole antenna for 2.4/5.2-GHz WLAN operation,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 1480–1483, 2006.
- Y. Song, Y.-C. Jiao, H. Zhao, Z. Zhang, Z.-B. Weng, and F.-S. Zhang, “Compact printed monopole antenna for multiband WLAN applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 365–367, 2008.
- Z. Zhang, Y. C. Jiao, Y. Song, T. L. Zhang, S. M. Ning, and F. S. Zhang, “A modified CPW-FED monopole antenna with very small ground for multiband WLAN applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 463–466, 2010.
- Z.-Y. Liu, Y.-Z. Yin, L.-H. Wen, W.-C. Xiao, Y. Wang, and S.-L. Zuo, “A Y-shaped tri-band monopole antenna with a parasitic M-strip for PCS and WLAN applications,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 24, no. 8-9, pp. 1219–1227, 2010.
- S.-H. Yeh and K.-L. Wong, “Dual-band F-shaped monopole antenna for 2.4/5.2 GHz WLAN application,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, pp. 72–75, San Antonio, Tex, USA, June 2002.
- Y.-L. Kuo and K.-L. Wong, “Printed double-T monopole antenna for 2.4/5.2 GHz dual-band WLAN operations,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 2187–2192, 2003.
- W. C. Liu, W. R. Chen, and C. M. Wu, “Printed double S-shaped monopole antenna for wideband and multiband operation of wireless communication,” IEE Proceedings—Microwaves Antennas and Propagation, vol. 151, pp. 473–476, 2004.
- Q. Y. Zhang and Q. X. Chu, “Triple-band dual rectangular ring printed monopole antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 2845–2848, 2009.
- X. S. Ren, Y. Z. Yin, S. F. Zheng, S. L. Zuo, and B. W. Liu, “Triple-band rectangular ring monopole antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 974–978, 2011.
- X. Li, W. Hu, Y. F. Wang, X. W. Shi, and X. T. Gu, “Printed triple band rectangular ring monopole antenna with symmetrical L strips for WLAN/WiMAX applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 54, pp. 1049–1052, 2012.
- B. Li, Z. H. Yan, and C. Wang, “Dual rectangular ring with open-ended CPW-fed monopole antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, vol. 25, pp. 101–107, 2011.
- Y. F. Wang, B. H. Sun, K. He, R. H. Li, and Y. J. Wang, “A compact tri-band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 2371–2375, 2011.
- Ansoft High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) Version 10. 0, Ansoft Corporation, 2005.