- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 129839, 11 pages
Wearable Quarter-Wave Folded Microstrip Antenna for Passive UHF RFID Applications
1School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
2The Auto-ID Laboratory, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Received 10 August 2012; Revised 7 May 2013; Accepted 26 May 2013
Academic Editor: Charles Bunting
Copyright © 2013 Thomas Kaufmann et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. C. Ranasinghe, R. L. S. Torres, A. P. Sample, J. R. Smith, K. Hill, and R. Visvanathan, “Towards falls prevention: a wearable wireless and battery-less sensing and automatic identification tag for real time monitoring of human movements,” in Proceedings of the 34th Annual International IEEE EMBS Conference, 2012.
- R. Visvanathan, D. C. Ranasinghe, and R. L. S. Torres, “Framework for preventing falls in acute hospitals using passive sensor enabled radio frequency identification technology,” in Proceedings of the 34th Annual International IEEE EMBS Conference, 2012.
- B. H. Calhoun, J. Lach, J. Stankovic et al., “Body sensor networks: a holistic approach from silicon to users,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 91–106, 2012.
- M. Kangas, A. Konttila, I. Winblad, and T. Jämsä, “Determination of simple thresholds for accelerometry-based parameters for fall detection,” in Proceedings of the 29th Annual International Conference of IEEE-EMBS, Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC '07), pp. 1367–1370, Lyon, France, August 2007.
- A. K. Bourke, J. V. O'Brien, and G. M. Lyons, “Evaluation of a threshold-based tri-axial accelerometer fall detection algorithm,” Gait and Posture, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 194–199, 2007.
- T. E. Lockhart, A. T. Barth, X. Zhang, R. Songra, E. Abdel-Rahman, and J. Lach, “Portable, non-invasive fall risk assessment in end stage renal disease patients on hemodialysis,” in Proceedings of the 1st Wireless Health Conference (WH '10), pp. 84–93, October 2010.
- A. P. Sample, D. J. Yeager, P. S. Powledge, A. V. Mamishev, and J. R. Smith, “Design of an RFID-based battery-free programmable sensing platform,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 2608–2615, 2008.
- M. Marroncelli, D. Trinchero, V. Lakafosis, and M. M. Tentzeris, “Concealable, low-cost paper-printed antennas for WISP-based RFIDs,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on RFID (RFID '11), pp. 6–10, April 2011.
- A. Rida, L. Yang, R. Vyas, and M. M. Tentzeris, “Conductive inkjet-printed antennas on flexible low-cost paper-based substrates for RFID and WSN applications,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 13–23, 2009.
- K. V. S. Rao, P. V. Nikitin, and S. F. Lam, “Antenna design for UHF RFID tags: a review and a practical application,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 3870–3876, 2005.
- B. A. Sani, M. Rajab, R. Foster, and Y. Hao, “Antennas and propagation of implanted RFIDs for pervasive healthcare applications,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 98, no. 9, 2010.
- L. Mo and C. Qin, “Tunable compact UHF RFID metal tag based on cpw open stub feed PIFA antenna,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2012, Article ID 167658, 8 pages, 2012.
- H. Attia, M. M. Bait-Suwailam, and O. M. Ramahi, “Enhanced gain planar inverted-F antenna with metamaterial superstrate for UMTS applications,” in Proceedings of the Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS '10), vol. 6, pp. 585–588, July 2010.
- R. Li, G. DeJean, M. M. Tentzeris, and J. Laskar, “Development and analysis of a folded shorted-patch antenna with reduced size,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 555–562, 2004.
- P. V. Nikitin, R. Martinez, S. Ramamurthy, H. Leland, G. Spiess, and K. V. S. Rao, “Phase based spatial identification of UHF RFID tags,” in Proceedings of the 4th Annual IEEE International Conference on RFID (RFID '10), pp. 102–109, April 2010.
- C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2005.