- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 162396, 8 pages
Novel Design of Electromagnetic Bandgap Using Fractal Geometry
1School of Electronics and Telecommunications, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam
2Department of High Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam
3National Institute of Information and Communications Strategy, Ministry of Information and Communications, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam
Received 7 September 2012; Revised 11 January 2013; Accepted 28 January 2013
Academic Editor: Eric Lheurette
Copyright © 2013 Huynh Nguyen Bao Phuong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. R. Yang, K. P. Ma, M. Yongxi Qian, and T. Itoh, “A uniplanar compact photonic-bandgap (UC-PBG) structure and its applications for microwave circuits,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 1509–1514, 1999.
- J. D. Joannopoulos, R. D. Meade, and J. N. Winn, Photonic Crystals, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1995.
- E. Yablonovitch, “Photonic band-gap structure,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 283–295, 1993.
- D. Sievenpiper, L. Zhang, R. F. Jimenez Broas, N. G. Alexöpolous, and E. Yablonovitch, “High-impedance electromagnetic surfaces with a forbidden frequency band,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 2059–2074, 1999.
- A. Stark, S. Prorok, and A. F. Jacob, “Broadband EBG structures with compact unit cell,” in Proceedings of the 38th European Microwave Conference, EuMC 2008, pp. 698–701, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, October 2008.
- L. Liang, C. H. Liang, X. W. Zhao, and Z. J. Su, “A novel broadband EBG using multi-period mushroom-like structure,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT '08), pp. 1609–1612, Nanjing, China, April 2008.
- R. Coccioli, F. R. Yang, K. P. Ma, and T. Itoh, “Aperture-coupled patch antenna on UC-PBG substrate,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 2123–2130, 1999.
- M. Rahman and M. A. Stuchly, “Circularly polarised patch antenna with periodic structure,” IEE Proceedings: Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, vol. 149, no. 3, pp. 141–146, 2002.
- M. F. Abedin, M. Z. Azad, and M. Ali, “Wideband smaller unit-cell planar EBG structure and their application,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 903–908, 2008.
- W. J. Krzysztofik, “Modified Sierpinski fractal monopole for ISM-bands handset applications,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 606–615, 2009.
- M. Y. Fan, R. Hu, Q. Hao, X. X. Zhang, and Z. H. Feng, “New method for 2D-EBG structures research,” Hongwai Yu Haomibo Xuebao/Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 127–131, 2003.
- C. Puente, J. Romeu, and A. Cardama, “Fractal-shaped antennas,” in Frontiers in Electromagnetics, D. H. Werner and R. Mittra, Eds., pp. 48–93, IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 2000.
- C. Puente-Baliarda, J. Romeu, R. Pous, and A. Cardama, “On the behavior of the sierpinski multiband fractal antenna,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 517–524, 1998.
- H. O. Peitgen, H. Jurgens, and D. Saupe, Chaos and Fractals, New Frontiers in Science, Springer, New York, 1992.
- N. S. Holter, A. Lakhtakia, V. K. Varadan, V. V. Varadan, and R. Messier, “On a new class of planar fractals: the Pascal-Sierpinski gaskets,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 19, no. 9, article 047, pp. 1753–1759, 1986.