- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 173286, 10 pages
Application of Asymptotic and Rigorous Techniques for the Characterization of Interferences Caused by a Wind Turbine in Its Neighborhood
Computer Sciences Department, University of Alcalá, 28871 Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Received 11 October 2012; Revised 8 January 2013; Accepted 15 January 2013
Academic Editor: David de la Vega
Copyright © 2013 Maria Jesús Algar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. de la Vega, O. Grande, N. Cau et al., “Empirical evaluation of the impact of wind turbines on DVB-T reception quality,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- K. H. Cavcey, L. Y. Lee, and M.A. Reynolds, “Television interference due to electromagnetic scattering by the MOD-2 wind turbine generators,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 407–412, 1984.
- D. L. Sengupta and T. B. A. Senior, “Electromagnetic interference to television reception caused by horizontal axis windmills,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 67, no. 8, pp. 1133–1142, 1979.
- Y. Zhang, A. Huston, R. D. Palmer, R. Albertson, F. Kong, and S. Wang, “Using scaled models for wind turbine EM scattering characterization: techniques and experiments,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 1298–1306, 2011.
- International Telecommunication Union, “Assessment of impairment caused to television reception by a wind turbine,” Rec. ITU-R BT.805, 1992.
- International Telecommunication Union, “Assessment of impairment caused to digital television reception by a wind turbine,” Rec. ITU-R BT.1893, May 2011.
- A. Tayebi, J. Gómez, I. González et al., “Performance comparison between rigorous and asymptotic techniques applied to the analysis of wind turbines,” Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 115–122, 2011.
- A. Naqvi, S. T. Yang, and H. Ling, “Investigation of doppler features from wind turbine scattering,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 9, pp. 485–488, 2010.
- R. Bhalla, H. Ling, S. W. Lee, and D. J. Andersh, “Dynamic simulation of Doppler spectra of targets using the shooting and bouncing ray technique,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 7, no. 18, pp. 840–842, 1994.
- E. Van Lil, D. Trappeniers, J. De Bleser, and A. Van de Capelle, “Computations of radar returns of wind turbines,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, pp. 3727–3731, Berlin, Germany, March 2009.
- B. Lewke, F. Krug, and J. Kindersberger, “MoM based EMI analysis on large wind turbine GSM 900 MHz communication backup-system,” in Proceedings of the 18th International Zurich Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC '07), pp. 183–186, September 2007.
- D. Trappeniers, E. Van Lil, and A. Van de Capelle, “Effects of objects with moving parts like wind turbines on maritime RF safety and navigation systems,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP '06), H. Lacoste and L. Ouwehand, Eds., p. 304.1, Nice, France, November 2006, (ESA SP-626).
- C. Morlas, M. Fares, and B. Souny, “Wind turbine effects on VOR system performance,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 1464–1476, 2008.
- B. M. Kent, K. C. Hill, A. Buterbaugh et al., “Dynamic radar cross section and radar doppler measurements of commercial general electric windmill power turbines part 1: predicted and measured radar signatures,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 211–219, 2008.
- J. T. Moore, A. D. Yaghjian, and R. A. Shore, “Shadow boundary and truncated wedge ILDCs in Xpatch,” in Proceedings of IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, pp. 10–13, July 2005.
- M. Domingo, F. Rivas, J. Perez, R. P. Torres, and M. F. Cátedra, “Computation of the radar cross section of complex bodies modeled using NURBS surfaces,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 37, pp. 36–47, 1995.
- C. de Boor, A Practical Guide to Splines, Springer, 1978.
- G. Farin, Curve and Surfaces for Computer Aided Geometric Design, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1988.
- R. F. Harrington, Field Computation by Moment Methods, Macmillan, New York, NY, USA, 1968.
- C. Delgado E García, I. González, L. Hernandez, and F. Cátedra, “A comparison of the computational resources required by a Domain Decomposition approach and other efficient numerical techniques based on the moment method,” in Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP '12), pp. 278–282, Prague, Czech, March 2012.
- E. García, C. Delgado, I. Gonzalez, J. Moreno, and F. Cátedra, “Efficient iterative solution of problems using characteristic basis function method combined with multilevel fast multipole algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP '12), pp. 211–214, Prague, Czech, March 2012.
- R. G. Kouyoumjian and P. H. Pathak, “A uniform geometrical theory of diffraction for an edge in a perfectly conducting surface,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 62, no. 11, pp. 1448–1461, 1974.
- P. H. Pathak, “Techniques for high frequency problems,” in Antenna Handbook—Theory, Applications and Design, Y. T. Lo and S. W. Lee, Eds., chapter 4, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, NY, USA, 1988.
- J. B. Keller, “Geometrical theory of diffraction,” Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 52, pp. 116–130, 1962.
- J. B. Keller, “Diffraction by a convex cylinder,” IRE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 24, pp. 312–321, 1956.
- D. A. McNamara, C. W. I. Pistorius, and J. A. G. Maherbe, Introduction to the Uniform Geometric Theory of Diffraction, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 1990.
- L. Lozano, O. Gutiérrez, I. González, and M. F. Cátedra, “Fast ray-tracing for computing N-bounces between flat surfaces at indoor/outdoor propagation,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications, pp. 112–115, 2007.
- G. A. Deschamps, “Ray techniques in electromagnetics,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 62, no. 9, pp. 1022–1035, 1972.
- J. A. Stratton, Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1941.
- A. Michaeli, “Equivalent edge currents for arbitrary aspects of observation,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 252–258, 1984.
- F. Cátedra, L. Lozano, I. González, E. García, and M. J. Algar, “Efficient techniques for accelerating the ray-tracing for computing the multiple bounce scattering of complex bodies modeled by flat facets,” Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, vol. 25, pp. 395–409, 2010.
- F. E. Nathason, Radar Design Principles, Mc-Graw Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- R. Hynes and R. E. Gardner, “Doppler spectra of S-band and X-band signals,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 3, pp. 356–365, 1967.