- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 209741, 10 pages
Study of Antenna Superstrates Using Metamaterials for Directivity Enhancement Based on Fabry-Perot Resonant Cavity
School of Electronic Engineering, Xidian University, Xi’an 710071, China
Received 29 November 2012; Accepted 30 January 2013
Academic Editor: Duixian Liu
Copyright © 2013 Haixia Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Foroozesh and L. Shafai, “Investigation into the effects of the reflection phase characteristics of highly-reflective superstrates on resonant cavity antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 3392–3396, 2010.
- A. R. Weily, L. Horvath, K. P. Esselle, B. C. Sanders, and T. S. Bird, “A planar resonator antenna based on a woodpile EBG material,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 216–223, 2005.
- Z. G. Liu, “Fabry-Perot resonator antenna,” Journal of Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves, vol. 31, pp. 391–403, 2010.
- M. Thèvenot, C. Cheype, A. Reineix, and B. Jecko, “Directive photonic-bandgap antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 2115–2122, 1999.
- R. Mittra, Y. Li, and K. Yoo, “A comparative study of directivity enhancement of microstrip patch antennas with using three different superstrates,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 327–331, 2010.
- N. Guérin, S. Enoch, G. Tayeb, P. Sabouroux, P. Vincent, and H. Legay, “A metallic Fabry-Perot directive antenna,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 220–224, 2006.
- A. Foroozesh and L. Shafai, “Investigation into the effects of the patch-type FSS superstrate on the high-gain cavity resonance antenna design,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 258–270, 2010.
- H. Y. Yang and N. G. Alexopoulos, “Gain enhancement methods for printed circuit antennas through multiple superstrates,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 860–863, 1987.
- Y. Li and K. P. Esselle, “Small EBG resonator high-gain antenna using in-phase highly-reflecting surface,” Electronics Letters, vol. 45, no. 21, pp. 1058–1060, 2009.
- A. P. Feresidis and J. C. Vardaxoglou, “High gain planar antenna using optimised partially reflective surfaces,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 148, no. 6, pp. 345–350, 2001.
- E. Rodes, M. Diblanc, E. Arnaud, T. Monédière, and B. Jecko, “Dual-band EBG resonator antenna using a single-layer FSS,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 6, pp. 368–371, 2007.
- S. Wang, A. P. Feresidis, G. Goussetis, and J. C. Vardaxoglou, “High-gain subwavelength resonant cavity antennas based on metamaterial ground planes,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 153, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2006.
- L. Zhou, H. Li, Y. Qin, Z. Wei, and C. T. Chan, “Directive emissions from subwavelength metamaterial-based cavities,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 10, Article ID 101101, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- E. Sáenz, R. Gonzalo, I. Ederra, J. C. Vardaxoglou, and P. de Maagt, “Resonant meta-surface superstrate for single and multifrequency dipole antenna arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 951–960, 2008.
- A. R. Weily, K. P. Esselle, T. S. Bird, and B. C. Sanders, “High gain circularly polarised 1-D EBG resonator antenna,” Electronics Letters, vol. 42, no. 18, pp. 1012–1013, 2006.
- S. Enoch, G. Tayeb, P. Sabouroux, and P. Vincont, “A metamaterial for directive emission,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 89, no. 21, Article ID 213902, 2002.
- M. Qiu and S. He, “High-directivity patch antenna with both photonic bandgap substrate and photonic bandgap cover,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 41–44, 2001.
- A. P. Feresidis, G. Goussetis, S. Wang, and J. C. Vardaxoglou, “Artificial magnetic conductor surfaces and their application to low-profile high-gain planar antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 209–215, 2005.
- C. Cheype, C. Serier, M. Thèvenot, T. Monédière, A. Reineix, and B. Jecko, “An electromagnetic bandgap resonator antenna,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 1285–1290, 2002.
- Y. J. Lee, J. Yeo, R. Mittra, and W. S. Park, “Thin Frequency Selective Surface (FSS) superstrate with different periodicities for dual-band directivity enhancement,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Antenna Technology: Small Antennas and Novel Metamaterials (IWAT '05), pp. 375–378, March 2005.
- A. Pirhadi, F. Keshmiri, M. Hakkak, and M. Tayarani, “Analysis and design of dual band high directivity EBG resonator antenna using square loop FSS AS superstrate layer,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 70, pp. 1–20, 2007.
- K. Yoo, R. Mittra, and N. Farahat, “A novel technique for enhancing the directivity of microstrip patch antennas using an EBG superstrate,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, pp. 1–4, July 2008.
- B. Li, B. Wu, and C. H. Liang, “Study on high gain circular waveguide array antenna with metamaterial structure,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 60, pp. 207–219, 2006.
- B. Li, X. J. Dang, and C. H. Liang, “High gain circular waveguide antenna using 1-D electromagnetic band-gap structure,” Chinese Journal of Radio Science, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 879–884, 2006.
- A. Foroozesh and L. Shafai, “On the design of high-gain resonant cavity antennas using different highly-reflective frequency selective surfaces as the superstrates,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, July 2010.
- Y. Zhao, G. Wan, H. Zhao, and W. Zheng, “Effects of superstrate with improved SSRRs on the radiation of microstrip antenna,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Symposium on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation and EMC Technologies for Wireless Communications (MAPE '09), pp. 51–54, October 2009.
- G. von Trentini, “Partially reflecting sheet arrays,” IRE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 4, pp. 666–671, 1956.
- H. Boutayeb, K. Mahdjoubi, A. C. Tarot, and T. A. Denidni, “Directivity of an antenna embedded inside a Fabry-Perot cavity: analysis and design,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 12–17, 2006.
- D. Kim and J. I. Choi, “Analysis of a high-gain Fabry-Pérot cavity antenna with an fss superstrate: effective medium approach,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters, vol. 7, pp. 59–68, 2009.
- High Frequency Structure Simulator, Ansys Corporation.
- D. R. Smith, D. C. Vier, T. Koschny, and C. M. Soukoulis, “Electromagnetic parameter retrieval from inhomogeneous metamaterials,” Physical Review E, vol. 71, no. 3, Article ID 036617, pp. 1–11, 2005.